What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. I'm having a no-carb day (if I can). I'm attempting to have airfried belly pork slices for midday and scrambled eggs for teatime . Not hungry so no bf. I've posted this so I will HAVE to do it! I'm fed up of high numbers. So no chocolate today:angelic: or should that be :nailbiting:!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 19 April bed 7 FBG 6 8. A much more stable BG day. Physio this morning and my legs badly need it.

B. Just TAG and 1 M&S Wheaten cracker with whipped cream (enough to stall a morning BG rise but quick enough to make sure I got to Physio on time)

L. A SLC sandwich with ox tongue and coleslaw

D. 2 poached salmon fillets, 1/2 M&S best ever prawn cocktail, 1/2 avocado, whipped cheese, coleslaw, M&S chorizo crisps. Later, some Isey Skyr Baked Apple yoghurt.

Wednesday 20 April - bed 7 5 FBG 6 6

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo

L. Nothing was tackling a load of ironing that included King Size duvet sets I'd been delaying during my latest illness.

D. M&S thick cut sirloin. I half it with Hubby, as it is very thick cut, and slice it. I prefer it a bit more pink but it is delicious. A load of veg - santini tomato, spinach, asparagus and mushrooms.
20220420_184654.jpg

Last edited:

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 20th)

Breakfast (9am): Black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Business lunch at restaurant, Caesar salad topped with blackened chicken
Snack (5pm): 0% Greek yogurt with keto granola and blueberries
Dinner (8pm): CHEAT MEAL – pork rib chop but with side of poutine (French fries topped with shredded cheese and gravy)
Evening Snack (10pm): Small handful of peanuts, two low carb beers

Walked 2.79km to bring my YTD total to 518.79km

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tuesday 19 April bed 7 FBG 6 8. A much more stable BG day. Physio this morning and my legs badly need it.

B. Just TAG and 1 M&S Wheaten cracker with whipped cream (enough to stall a morning BG rise but quick enough to make sure I got to Physio on time)

L. A SLC sandwich with ox tongue and coleslaw

D. 2 poached salmon fillets, 1/2 M&S best ever prawn cocktail, 1/2 avocado, whipped cheese, coleslaw, M&S chorizo crisps. Later, some Isey Skyr Baked Apple yoghurt.

Tuesday 20 April - bed 7 5 FBG 6 6

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo

L. Nothing was tackling a load of ironing that included King Size duvet sets I'd been delaying during my latest illness.

D. M&S thick cut sirloin. I half it with Hubby, as it is very thick cut, and slice it. I prefer it a bit more pink but it is delicious. A load of veg - santini tomato, spinach, asparagus and mushrooms.View attachment 54262
Most useful comment remembered from A level literature was teacher saying not to iron anything until you are ready to use it!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 re game question often buy different wild game when in season at local farm shop but the farmed grass fed venison is available all year from Waitrose so tend to buy the venison steaks and meatballs from there - plus often on offer. Your wild and game boxes sound tempting too.
Mid am a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch two eggs scrambled in butter with one slice of lc toast followed by stewed rhubarb and hm yoghurts and four squares of 100% chocolate
Mid pm lc coffee and walnut cake
Dinner two lamb loin chops with cauliflower mash and glass of red wine followed by lc blondie .
Will be away from home and this thread now for a week - hope to read others meals when can but won’t be recording my own food for a week. Planning though to stay low carb as much as possible.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Will be away from home and this thread now for a week - hope to read others meals when can but won’t be recording my own food for a week. Planning though to stay low carb as much as possible.
Are you going to do something nice?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@RosemaryJackson wonder what it is about Spam today - both my caring phone calls with my 91 year old mum today included conversations about her fond memories of Spam and could I manage to buy some for her! She was talking about how during the war you couldn’t get bacon so her mum fried Spam instead and my mum wanted to try it again! As she’s now in stage 4 of kidney disease we are encouraging her to have treats! - I’m now tasked with getting hold of some! I wasn’t a fan as a child so don’t feel I’ll be replacing bacon with Spam anytime soon! I send her groceries weekly from Ocado and her carer puts it away but - of course - Ocado doesn’t seem to stock it so will have to source and take up on my next visit!

There was a lot of talk about Spam in the media about a year ago and kind of remembered qujite liking the salty taste so went and bought a tin in the supermarket (or rather, got Neil to get it for me). Never again. More salt than I would ever use now and that's just about all - no hint of ham or bacon flavour. I seem to remember my mother frying it, but can't remember enjoying it that way. I'm pretty sure we didn't have it often, my Dad was very anti what he called "erzatz meat" along wiht "erzatz coffee" - he'd had too much of it in the army during WW2.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another hug from me @shelley262 hope all is well next week and thanks for the Waitrose heads up about the venison steaks and meatballs.
I have realised I’m snacking way too much and haven’t recorded my meals on Cronometer or carbs&cals like I used to do, things have got lax and I’m ignoring little extras like HC batons or the odd slice of cheese between meals. Time to take myself in hand.
What I can remember today-
B- Crusted cheese omelette with turmeric and ginger sauerkraut.
L-Tuna mayo+ cheese in SLC roll. Choc chia pud
D- chicken thighs (2) meant to be air fried but having talked to the lovely lady in the butchers this morning, and recommending an airfryer to her wholeheartedly, mine has broken! It’s 3 weeks past the 1 year parts guarantee and of course my old Lidl one (which I gave away to my daughter when I bought this big Tower one) is still going strong. Anyway I put them in the oven and they were fine. Nando’s sauce with them. Forgot to do any sides.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner:Balti chicken curry with cauli rice followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.
Finished my Easter chocolate today in between meals, so now I’ll have to blame my slightly higher than normal blood sugars on my shingles!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Finished my Easter chocolate today in between meals, so now I’ll have to blame my slightly higher than normal blood sugars on my shingles!
Definitely the shingles!

I had yesterdays cauliflower dish, microwaved.
I planned to do microwaved today, and reheated in the oven tomorrow to compare, but microwaved tasted perfectly fine, so no need to have the oven use up expensive gas for 45 minutes if 3.5 minutes in the microwave does the job as well! :)

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: plain yoghurt with seeds, omelette with ham mushrooms and cheese
L: a sharing plate of dry sausage and blocks of old cheese. sorry @Antje77 that's my best translation of droge worst and aude kaase. Actually very nice with olives, pickles and mustard. Hubby had 2 beers, I had coffee
D: beef carpaccio, lamb consommé, salmon fillet, cheese, and more cheese. Kept the wine to just 2 glasses tonight.
Walked over 14,000 steps and libre didn't go above 7 :)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most useful comment remembered from A level literature was teacher saying not to iron anything until you are ready to use it!
We use king single sheets, they get folded straight off the clothes hoist, then put away in the cupboard as is.

Very little ironing done now that I have retired, no need for ironed business shirts etc. :D

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good excuse as any, my diet has changed a bit as well with extra carbs.

Still inside of my upper limit of ~150 grams carbs though.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
L: a sharing plate of dry sausage and blocks of old cheese. sorry @Antje77 that's my best translation of droge worst and aude kaase.
Ah, finally someone who understands my problems translating very nice Dutch foods to English without making them sound stale! :hilarious:
I usually opt for 'dried sausages' and 'mature cheese', which makes it at least sound like the dry and old is a deliberate feature of the food. :D
And a free tip too: You can trust just about any sausage of any kind in the Netherlands, cold or fried, we don't really do carby fillers. So even if you don't know what's in them, just dig in! :hungry:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three bbq sausages, slice of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms, small portion / tin baked beans for breakfast.
No smoko, just cordial / osmolax mix.
Roast of the day (pork), veggies and gravy at the Brothers sports club bistro for lunch.
Toasted cheese and ham sandwiches, small pot of pea and ham soup for supper at six.

Some cubed up tasty cheddar cheese and green olives watching the last episodes of Bluestone 4 2 on Prime.

Here's the link for baked beans I mentioned before,

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/...z-beanz-baked-beans-in-tomato-sauce-multipack

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday was a blur and I'm not sure what I had to eat after a small bowl of cereal early on. No meal, I know that but little bits and pieces from food prep.

This morning, I am waiting for my cleaner to come so, once I got the place in order I had a slice of wholemeal toast with a cheese/butter mixture I'd made yesterday and a cup of tea. I could have had a cooked breakfast because she still hasn't arrived, but it's done now.

Later I will have something like paella with cauliflower rice and some cooked chicken currently in the freezer. At present, in the oven I have some shortbread which I made for yesterday but which, for some reason, was undercooked and didn't firm up, so I've put it back in to see if it will finish off. I already have a box of sandwiches and cake for Alistair to take home, when he comes with the post. If I can finish off the shortbread, that will go too.