What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

RoughcutAU

Oh no! @Muffins222 hopefully a blip on otherwise smoother day. Did you check twice and ketones just to be on the safe side? Sorry if that sounds like a nag.

6.1 FBG this morning - edging closer to those “magic” 5s. Lets see what the ol T1D throws at me today.

Reactions: Ryhia and mojo37

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.4 - Went to bed, after eating a tangerine, on a 10.8 (!), so my overnight EndoSys is working.

And in “other” news, the Hospital Nurse lanced my Thumb’s abscess, squelch, cleaned the wound, applied an open field dressing and packed me off with a coarse of AntiBs. NHS 111 were/are terrific. My local GP surgery were “hiding” behind process: No Appointments available. However both my Pharmacist and the Triage Nurse agreed that the abscess couldn’t wait till Monday. I called NHS111 and within an hour I was having face-to-thumb medical treatment. Throbbing gone and no related.

Go Team-D!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good result for the thumb, @Estragon . Well done. Though expect erratic Bg until it is healed.
Happy Pipp today. 5.7. I don’t believe in mumbo jumbo, but that is the number I imagined as I was going to sleep last night.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seem to be stuck in the nasty 9's oh for the dim and distant sticky 6's or even 7's . 9.9 yesterday and 9.6 this morning :rolleyes:

Reactions: SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just dropped in to say good news on #thumbgate @Estragon and offer hugs and support to all needing same. No Swipey just now due to various procedures being incompatible with that adornment. Go Team D.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
5.6 this morning. I had hypoglycemia last night. I don't understand why because it was 5.9 last evening

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just dropped in to say good news on #thumbgate @Estragon and offer hugs and support to all needing same. No Swipey just now due to various procedures being incompatible with that adornment. Go Team D.
Almost hugged but thought better of it, @ianpspurs , offering support instead.
Also, in keeping with theme, BG and some chat, by mid- morning my BG WAS 4.3. I think DP is taking the weekend off. ;)

Reactions: RoughcutAU