How do you use your Libre 2?

49'er

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an "always on display" on my phone which means Diabox BG levels are always visible.
I can't live without it now...:)
Hi, Can u please tell me how to download Diabox as having difficulty finding it?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you're on Facebook, best join this group, that's also the best place for asking questions on DiaBox: https://www.facebook.com/groups/974278412920319

DiaBox currently doesn't work on iPhone, but it works well if you use android.

Here are the latest versions of DiaBox to download: https://sirius.thetaphi.de/diabox/

I managed to download DiaBox on my android mobile using this information. Thank you Antje! However, I cannot find how to calibrate. Is calibration possible with DiaBox?

49'er

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have also just started using Diabox, I find it very very good.
I had a handy Glucose rising alarm yesterday.
Once all the settings are at your liking it's totally reliable, just lift my phone to see the BG on lock screen
It also sends Alarms to my Smart Watch

Hi, just started using Diabox and bluetooth keeps dropping every few minutes on Diabox and Libre apps.
Cleared bluetooth cache but still happens, any ideas please?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I managed to download DiaBox on my android mobile using this information. Thank you Antje! However, I cannot find how to calibrate. Is calibration possible with DiaBox?
Have you joined the Facebook group? If you have, you can find it under 'files' in the group.
I tried to add the file to this post as well but the forum software says no. The file seems to be too large.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, just started using Diabox and bluetooth keeps dropping every few minutes on Diabox and Libre apps.
Cleared bluetooth cache but still happens, any ideas please?
You can't have both DiaBox and LibreLink use the bleutooth connection. Best to ask in the Facebook group what your settings should be.

Dee_G

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My Libre 2 alarms have never worked, gone back to using miaomiao. Not at all impressed by Libre2
I also have exactly the same problem, each time I speak to Abbott about the issue they tell me it’s a faulty sensor and send me another one, this has happened 4 times now.

Soup Dragon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else want to use the Libre2 on something other than your arm? I don't want to have it so publicly displayed when I wear a short sleeved shirt. I've had people on the street / passing me in a corridor at the hospital come up and talk to me about it. The people in my life that need to know I'm diabetic, know. I'm not into making it public to strangers.
Please tell me I'm not the only one that wants to make it more discreet??

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Personally I don't care about people seeing it, but have worn it on my chest at times to give my arms a rest. Others have worn it on their thighs.
Be aware though if you wear it anywhere other than on your arm, where it's licenced to be worn you can't use the readings for driving, and have to finger prick instead.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else want to use the Libre2 on something other than your arm? I don't want to have it so publicly displayed when I wear a short sleeved shirt. I've had people on the street / passing me in a corridor at the hospital come up and talk to me about it. The people in my life that need to know I'm diabetic, know. I'm not into making it public to strangers.
I don't care about it being discreet or not, but I know people have successfully worn their Libre on their chest, belly, leg, and butt.
The main issue is that this is not supported by Abbott, so if you have a faulty sensor and you call them, you won't get a replacement if you've worn it anywhere else than the back of your arm.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you joined the Facebook group? If you have, you can find it under 'files' in the group.
I tried to add the file to this post as well but the forum software says no. The file seems to be too large.
Thank you Antje, the Facebook group supplied the instructions that I was able to follow.

49'er

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an "always on display" on my phone which means Diabox BG levels are always visible.
I can't live without it now...:)

Hi, I'm having issues with Diabox losing bluetooth connection several times a day.
Librelink notifications disabled so can't see what else is causing the problem.
Can you help please,?

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I don’t feel proud of being db so would also prefer not to display the libre disk, I recently tried it on my thigh, I watched a fella on YouTube that had successfully done it, I put it where my jeans pocket is, if that makes sense, it worked great and if anything, the numbers seemed even more accurate than on my arm.

Half way through the second libre the disk started to hurt, It hurt quite bad by the end of two weeks, once I removed it I had a large bump, very red a very painful, the bump has lasted for ages but is almost gone now many weeks later, the site is still kinda painful but nothing too bad, it’s almost better.

The only thing I can put it down to is I sleep on my side and I assume the extra weight on the libre every night did something it shouldn’t have, I have never had a skin reaction to libre on arm, or anything anywhere in my life so no idea really but I’ve gone back to my arm and try to put it on as high as possible.

Sorry this was long and probly boring