What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two days mid 7's...ho hum

Weekend ok
Partook of the invite to walk digs (*niece babysitting bosses dig a few days)
So Lauren, niece me & 2 dogs

Took e-scooter..
Probably not allowed, but figured if I just scooted it (it rolls better over gravel type pathways better then the kick one I'm using to get around if I intend to keep up any outdoor social life )

Started off ok, but clear I couldn't keep up with ladies, and no chance whatsoever with the two dogs romping and jumping on each other playfully .:hilarious:.

Rather then curtail my walk I did use slow mode, speed kept to 2/3 KPH, no one seemed to notice or complain.

One couple sat having a lovely looking Al fresco lunch, even chuckled they need to get one each :happy:

Walk lovely, so enjoyed the day and fresh air .
But my goodness, it took a lot out of me
Think it's the pushing, using muscles over such hard terrain I hadn't used in ages, plus the stance .
Easy to not realise how tense one us, trying to steer, throttle & brake at the same time

Paid the price today, so a rest day for me .

Gratuitous pics of the lovable little Herbert's
resting in car on way back
Believe other dog is a cockapoo.
View attachment 54320

Hopefully might be able to do a little more tomorrow.:)

See ya all, at sunrise ;)
Hello sweetie pies on that back seat :):happy:
(No fancy emojies here, I am on wrong device...)

You have lots of rest today @jjraak
Let Marley look after you. I am sure he will keep you in check...:cat:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this lovely sunny morning. Am quite tired after my first days work after the Easter break - although I enjoy it. Must get ready for the dog walk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a day of promise and hope here in the dark and dangerous north
How easy is it to get a lateral flow test within a 24 time slot to fly to the USA. Well, you can get one in Boots of course but your local Boots, not on your nelly. Will there be a time slot available? Yes, but not until 4 days after you fly. So, Heathrow then? Bingo - but you now have to be at the airport half a day earlier than anticipated - oh well. Good job we have made so much progress since we relied entirely upon the Yellow Pages and J R Hartley.
Art bit - the corner of something that didn’t quite work out but never mind, it’s sometimes an uphill struggle. Have a great day, whatever day you think it is. I must make some koffy.

View attachment 54322
That was one uphill struggle yesterday @dunelm
That little red man is finding it hard work, but he is very good even at near vertical uphill work...

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Tuesday however far into it you are currently. I'm typing this on a small tablet since I foolishly lowered the reclining chair onto an open Chromebook. Not Ian friendly so goodness knows what the result will be. New CB incoming. No known fbg here, perhaps tomorrow. We have the same two grandchildren today and tomorrow which is both more work and everything we both prayed for. Thanks for the art @dunelm. Take it easy @jjraak. Hugs for @karen8967, @alf_Josiah and anyone else needing one.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

All is well at gennepher's cat diner. All species, feathered and furred, living in perfect harmony, currently. Yesterday Manky Ginger was feeding from the wet cat food bowl, and Mr Blackbird comes and sits on the edge of the water bucket, less than a metre away, less than 3 feet away from Manky Ginger. And my brain goes toward the obvious negative thoughts, and then immediately I make my mind blank to no thought and just watch. Manky Ginger turns round and looks at Mr Blackbird, as though to say Good Morning, and Mr Blackbird says something back. Then Manky Ginger turns back to his food, continues eating, and Mr Blackbird partakes of the water, goes down and hops up the garden path. Manky Ginger polishes off the wet food bowl. I have a feeling I was holding my breath as well...

Creative today - that wild flower celandine. It is one of the first to come out in my garden and provides all the nectar needed for the early bees, and drone flies and bugs and whatnot that are searching for food. A very useful wildflower.

Enjoy yourselves today.
Do something for yourself, even if it is cloud watching for a few moments.
Catch you later...

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to Tuesday however far into it you are currently. I'm typing this on a small tablet since I foolishly lowered the reclining chair onto an open Chromebook. Not Ian friendly so goodness knows what the result will be. New CB incoming. No known fbg here, perhaps tomorrow. We have the same two grandchildren today and tomorrow which is both more work and everything we both prayed for. Thanks for the art @dunelm. Take it easy @jjraak. Hugs for @karen8967, @alf_Josiah and anyone else needing one.
Oops @ianpspurs
I've done that, not with a chromebook, but with something precious.
That is the worst feeling.
My reclining chair got chucked out, because of its misdemeanour, despite it costing me a fortune...
15 years later it is still sitting in in my garden and is used by cats to sleep on. ....
Try and have a god day x

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Weekend ok
Partook of the invite to walk digs (*niece babysitting bosses dig a few days)

Took e-scooter..
Probably not allowed, but figured if I just scooted it (it rolls better over gravel type pathways better then the kick one I'm using to get around if I intend to keep up any outdoor social life )

Started off ok, but clear I couldn't keep up with ladies, and no chance whatsoever with the two dogs romping and jumping on each other playfully .:hilarious:.

Rather then curtail my walk I did use slow mode, speed kept to 2/3 KPH, no one seemed to notice or complain.

One couple sat having a lovely looking Al fresco lunch, even chuckled they need to get one each :happy:

Think it's the pushing, using muscles over such hard terrain I hadn't used in ages, plus the stance .
Easy to not realise how tense one us, trying to steer, throttle & brake at the same time

View attachment 54320

Hope you enjoy your rest day and feel recharged tomorrow. You are doing really well @jjraak . The dogs look really happy.

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, another funeral today and running late again, shoes may or may not be sorted.

Bloods sugars were 8.2, stress and f’ in late night peanuts pah, my own fault, I blame me’s and myself, me was out voted,
Stay safe today’s funeral is being attributed to the covid virus and copd.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Krystyna23040
Circumstances enabled me to do that much more easily without getting disapproval, because no doc or nurses at surgery, insisting they are the trained professionals with all these years of study under their belt, and you are an upstart for daring to question them.
@gennepher I suppose that is the advantage of a doctorless surgery. It is difficult when a doctor or diabetes nurse has a closed mind to other ways we can improve our health.

Reactions: Lainie71

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear about the Chromebook. Hope you have a lovely day with the grandchildren.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I suppose that is the advantage of a doctorless surgery. It is difficult when a doctor or diabetes nurse has a closed mind to other ways we can improve our health.
Finally, an advantage to a doctorless surgery!
It was as difficult as heck before @Krystyna23040 trying to explain my point of view and how I wished to manage my diabetes. Surely we should have choice, not be railroaded into a particular path. Even a compromise would have been good. But no. I don't know if you remember from a couple of years ago I had a big falling out with the diabetic dietician. I was asking him to please work with me, but he was very nasty and obnoxious and rude. Said he was the one with training, not me, and he was handing me out sheets of advice on diet that was over 10 years old. The date the advice was made was on the bottom of them (say 2008). When I pointed that out he tuned really horrible. And I had to walk away from him.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops @ianpspurs
I've done that, not with a chromebook, but with something precious.
That is the worst feeling.
My reclining chair got chucked out, because of its misdemeanour, despite it costing me a fortune...
15 years later it is still sitting in in my garden and is used by as to sleep on. ....
Try and have a god day x
Thank you very much for that and the wonderful kaleidoscope @gennepher. You too have a good day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally, an advantage to a doctorless surgery!
It was as difficult as heck before @Krystyna23040 trying to explain my point of view and how I wished to manage my diabetes. Surely we should have choice, not be railroaded into a particular path. Even a compromise would have been good. But no. I don't know if you remember from a couple of years ago I had a big falling out with the diabetic dietician. I was asking him to please work with me, but he was very nasty and obnoxious and rude. Said he was the one with training, not me, and he was handing me out sheets of advice on diet that was over 10 years old. The date the advice was made was on the bottom of them (say 2008). When I pointed that out he tuned really horrible. And I had to walk away from him.
Yes @gennepher I do remember the absolutely appalling behaviour of the Diabetic Dietician. It was so unprofessional of him.
Although it is not the same I do find I learn so much from my clients. I will often go on a course and find that I have to adapt what I have been taught because my clients feel free to tell me what works for them and what does not. It does make teaching Pilates so interesting as it is always evolving . You would have thought that the Dietician would have really welcomed your input so that he could fine tune what he was doing to really help his clients.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.

Weekend ok
Partook of the invite to walk dogs (*niece babysitting bosses dog a few days)

Took e-scooter..

Easy to not realise how tense one is, trying to steer, throttle & brake at the same time

View attachment 54320

You are doing really well @jjraak. Good to hear that you are getting out and about.:)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Finally managed a day without overeating. Of course there was still somewhat more carbs than normal, ( normal having gone out of the window and is miles away by now) but we have to eat what is cooked for us, even if that be chicken nuggets, spaghetti and a salad containing shredded Savoy....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

All is well at gennepher's cat diner. All species, feathered and furred, living in perfect harmony, currently. Yesterday Manky Ginger was feeding from the wet cat food bowl, and Mr Blackbird comes and sits on the edge of the water bucket, less than a metre away, less than 3 feet away from Manky Ginger. And my brain goes toward the obvious negative thoughts, and then immediately I make my mind blank to no thought and just watch. Manky Ginger turns round and looks at Mr Blackbird, as though to say Good Morning, and Mr Blackbird says something back. Then Manky Ginger turns back to his food, continues eating, and Mr Blackbird partakes of the water, goes down and hops up the garden path. Manky Ginger polishes off the wet food bowl. I have a feeling I was holding my breath as well...

Creative today - that wild flower celandine. It is one of the first to come out in my garden and provides all the nectar needed for the early bees, and drone flies and bugs and whatnot that are searching for food. A very useful wildflower.

Enjoy yourselves today.
Do something for yourself, even if it is cloud watching for a few moments.
Catch you later...

View attachment 54323
Thank you for the wonderfully bright celandine

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under an overcast sky here in the dark and dangerous north
Went to visit a veteran with my pal from LA yesterday - bed bound in a care home. He had a stroke and it did not go well for him. Between the pair of them, they were the only Brits to be crowned North German Champion in the sport of long distance running. We had a great time of it with him. Bed bound and with only one eye maybe but sharp as a knife. Shopping today - there are things to procure from a list before my pal flies back home on Friday and that list seems never ending - will he have to buy another suitcase? Bonkers.
Art bit today - working on the road. Have a great day if you can. Must remember to put the bins out tonight but first, some koffy.

upload_2022-4-27_7-38-22.jpeg