What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from under an overcast sky here in the dark and dangerous north
Went to visit a veteran with my pal from LA yesterday - bed bound in a care home. He had a stroke and it did not go well for him. Between the pair of them, they were the only Brits to be crowned North German Champion in the sport of long distance running. We had a great time of it with him. Bed bound and with only one eye maybe but sharp as a knife. Shopping today - there are things to procure from a list before my pal flies back home on Friday and that list seems never ending - will he have to buy another suitcase? Bonkers.
Art bit today - working on the road. Have a great day if you can. Must remember to put the bins out tonight but first, some koffy.

View attachment 54334
Great Art but @dunelm
Hope you find all the stuff your friend wants.
Sounds like your bed bound friend enjoyed your company.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday in a dull, chilly Breckland but I'm above ground so opportunity knocks. Take your pick of what my fbg was as I didn't open the box. @dunelm thanks for the art and account of how vicissitudes have not dimmed the spirit of your wonderful friend. New chromebook incoming today and childminding down to one 8 month old. Have a safe day and if at all possible make it as fulfilling for you as possible without spoiling the day for other's. Go Team D

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

A lovely day.
Everyone has fed at gennepher's cat diner, feathered and furred...
They are now expecting an early elevenses, which will be an eightses, a nineses, a tenses...
They eat all day long...

Yesterday morning I was about to trim my fuchsia bush, when I stopped. It was full of ladybirds. Google ID'd them as Exochomus quadripustulas, pine lady beetles. They had only just hatched out/emerged. The sun was shining on their backs, and they kept opening that black shell like bit to expose new wings which had not quite unfurled yet. And then putting them back inside again. And then trying again. I presume the sun must have had something to do with unfurling those delicate black wings. I was watching one in particular, and I was so fascinated watching those wings unfurling, that I forgot to take photos of it. I had my phone camera in my hand! But I did take a Laboscope kaleidoscope pic of it., just before the pine lady beetle flew away.

More are hatching/emerging (I need to google to find out exactly what really happens here), They just appear as if magic!

So creative this morning is an Exochomus quadripustulas kaleidoscope!

More coffee needed!

image.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

A lovely day.
They are now expecting an early elevenses, which will be an eightses, a nineses, a tenses...
They eat all day long...

Yesterday morning I was about to trim my fuchsia bush, when I stopped. It was full of ladybirds. Google ID'd them as Exochomus quadripustulas, pine lady beetles. They had only just hatched out/emerged. The sun was shining on their backs, and they kept opening that black shell like bit to expose new wings which had not quite unfurled yet. And then putting them back inside again. And then trying again. I presume the sun must have had something to do with unfurling those delicate black wings. I was watching one in particular, and I was so fascinated watching those wings unfurling, that I forgot to take photos of it. I had my phone camera in my hand! But I did take a Laboscope kaleidoscope pic of it., just before the pine lady beetle flew away.

More are hatching/emerging (I need to google to find out exactly what really happens here), They just appear as if magic!

More coffee needed!

View attachment 54335
Thank you for the wildlife update and kaleidoscope @gennepher. Today's kaleidoscope reminds me of a pineapple - should I seek urgent help?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under an overcast sky here in the dark and dangerous north
Went to visit a veteran with my pal from LA yesterday - bed bound in a care home. He had a stroke and it did not go well for him. Between the pair of them, they were the only Brits to be crowned North German Champion in the sport of long distance running. We had a great time of it with him. Bed bound and with only one eye maybe but sharp as a knife. Shopping today - there are things to procure from a list before my pal flies back home on Friday and that list seems never ending - will he have to buy another suitcase? Bonkers.
Art bit today - working on the road. Have a great day if you can. Must remember to put the bins out tonight but first, some koffy.

View attachment 54334
It sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your pal @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the wildlife update and kaleidoscope @gennepher. Today's kaleidoscope reminds me of a pineapple - should I seek urgent help?
Now, even I can only see a pineapple there!
Your imagination is working well @ianpspurs
So, unless you want help for an active imagination, I would leave well alone...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. @ianpspurs yes is the answer to your question over @gennepher ’s picture, because me, me’s and myself all think the same, dangerous company.
Bloods this morning were 6.1
Well fellow posters and painters 2 days and 2 funerals.
Yesterday’s funeral was at St. Andrews church in a small Oxfordshire village call East Hagbourne, during the full blown service I stayed outside the church and also had a delightful stroll round the village, a very pretty village and very well kept. After the burial Mrs J and myself headed for home, but called in at another South Oxfordshire village called Blewbury again very pretty and well kept such a delight. If any of you are every in this area have a wander round these villages.
Stay safe all.

Reactions: dogslife

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday in a dull, chilly Breckland but I'm above ground so opportunity knocks. Take your pick of what my fbg was as I didn't open the box. @dunelm thanks for the art and account of how vicissitudes have not dimmed the spirit of your wonderful friend. New chromebook incoming today and childminding down to one 8 month old. Have a safe day and if at all possible make it as fulfilling for you as possible without spoiling the day for other's. Go Team D
Thanks @ianpspurs and I hope that the new Chromebook is not as accident prone as the previous one.

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.40am FBG 5.6
9.45am FBG 5.4
Such a lot to do today, we are leaving for UK very early Friday morning so big clean, tidy and shop needed as well as extra safety precautions putting in place. Hide the air rifle for example. Fifteen year old boy would love to have a go with that....

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Fbg 6.5

A lovely day.
They eat all day long...

More coffee needed!

View attachment 54335
Always something interesting happening in your garden@gennepher and fascinating to read about.:) I'm having a garden/ bird watching day today as Mr.D has come down with an old fashioned cold so it's a stopper -in day. Opened my eyes this morning to find 2 jays looking in at me. They didn't stay long, they never do but lovely to wake up to. Since then the garden has been inundated with all sorts of birds eating, drinking and bathing. A pair of dunnocks have been in/out the connifers and to/ from the fat ball feeders. A beautiful thrush, male blackbird, nuthatch, our resident robin, goldfinch, blue ****, long tailed **** and great tit all visited so far. Two collared doves are now plodding below the feeders waiting for fallen scraps. A pair or magpies are also frequent visitors to our larger bird table. They seem to have a nest in next door's tall conifer so I expect they are feeding babies by now. Oh, I've just looked up to see Sammy squirrel attempting to nibble from the fat ball feeder. Now he is right in front of me drinking from one of our birdbaths. No fbs today. No point. I know it is high! Just written a message on line to our new doctor to see if I can have my fasting cholesterol and HbA1c tests done at the same time. So watch this space.:D Enjoy your day. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Tomorrow is to be even more hectic than expected with a school visit in the morning, and two doctors appointments in the afternoon. It still amazes me how much time simple things take when there is a language barrier.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
blue ****, long tailed **** and great tit all visited so far.
Strange how the forum swear word censor lets you put tit in singular and not plural form.

Sound like you have a interesting back yard with the bird life, we used to have a lot of vatious birds in our place bit with people cutting down trees and the influx of cats they are scarce now. A few green parrots, rainbow lorrikeets, butcher birds, magpies, noisy miner, honey eaters, the occasional willy wagtail are about main ones to visit.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Am really tired - yesterday was a bit too busy. 8½ hours teaching and 1½ hours admin. I couldn't avoid it because of the backlog caused by my two weeks Easter break.

Relaxing with a coffee before the dog walk.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

A lovely day.
They eat all day long...

More coffee needed!

View attachment 54335

Super smashing unpronounceable Exochomus quadripustulas kaleidoscope - far more koffy needed!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
Ticking off the last of the long list of purchases that my pal’s wife (and daughter) sent over to him before he flys home tomorrow - such a variety of stuff and watching him squirm about with the bra lady in M&S was a real treat. A meet up with a couple of old army pals in our local pub last night - Mrs Miggins included of course. Packing today. We are away at the weekend on our annual family weekend. This year in the land of the Picts, woad and wee Jimmy Cranky. I don’t think that I will be doing much walking but it’s good to see family and I think 35 of us are going this year. Mrs Miggins has issued cooking and cleaning duties.
Art bit - a little boat on a large sheet of paper (3ft high). Have a wonderful day today, we are all crowded at the window in anticipation of the parade of the bin lorry - and with koffy.

upload_2022-4-28_7-51-44.jpeg

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

A new customer to gennepher's cat diner this morning.
The regular first customer of the day Shadow had not arrived yet.
Then the new customer.
A massive long haired manky looking all black cat.
He ate the wet food, cautiously checking his new surroundings and looking at me in the eyes.
Then Manky Ginger enters the scene. He did not like the intruder and came within inches of him, his body language saying scram black cat, but his words were very rude.
Manky Black Cat didn't react at all but carried on eating very slowly. Manky Ginger said his piece and slowly left.
Manky Black Cat ate all the wet food and then also very slowly and cautiously left.
Shadow rushes in, only to find her cat food is eaten up. She is lashing her tail furiously and leaves in the same direction as Manky Black Cat had gone.
Mrs Blackbird is next, and comes to feed off the cat biscuits as I am replenishing the wet cat food bowl. She feels safe as long as I am standing there.
Mr Magpie is next in, refuses the food I have put out for him, and darts into the fresh wet cat food. Even he knows something different is going on today. He grabs a chunk and goes to feed his babies.
One of the other gingers is next, and he knows something is up. He takes three quick bites and leaves, eyes constantly checking all about him.
Mrs Bluetit then comes in. She will will normally go on the ground, but not today. She knew something was different, and kept sounding a long alarm call. I had just put my hearing processor on, to listen out for any cat altercations, and I have never heard her sound so many alarm calls. She took a peanut back to her nest where Mr Bluetit was anxiously waiting for her.

This garden is suddenly extraordinarily quiet now, no feathered nor furred beasts are moving...just the ladybirds hatching out in safety...

Creative this morning is the apple blossom in my garden in the kaleidoscope app Laboscope.

Time for another cuppa...

image.jpeg

Last edited: