What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone whatever stage you are at in your day. Thank you for the tales of @gennepher's wildlife diner and the kaleidoscope. @dunelm I imagine the M and S expedition was amusing. How does that work without a fitting? Thank you for the art . The trip to the pub sounds convivial and the family get together is obviously something important to you all. Am I right that it is in memory/honour of a family member taken too early? I think God may be subtly making me reconsider my discomfort/aversion to pub going/meals out with family and gatherings of people who are not my children or grandchildren. @gennepher I think He is also working (through you) on me to take more notice of the glory and wonder of flora and fauna. I'm ok with lawns, fruit trees, well tended crops and dogs but that is constricting creation too much. He really does move in mysterious ways. Perhaps His next job is to make me understand how to live in peace with Elsie. We live in hope– which is a good sign off. Go (safely) Team D

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good National Bin day Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 6.5 on that meter this morning, I’m not sure why, but not concerned.
Well fellow posters and painters, this morning Mrs J and myself will be meeting up with some friends for a gentle walk then a koffy, such excitement, how I will cope is an unknown, if I don’t behave then Mrs J will take me food shopping, if Mrs J does then with luck I might get banished to the costalota koffy shop and told to sit and behave……the preferable option is stay at Tilehurst Towers and prepare to renovate a child’s bench seat I made some years ago.
Whatever you are doing today fellow posters do it with gusto.
Stay safe all.
Hand and footnote: All the time I have writing this Mrs J has been talking at me about food menu’s for the weekend, I haven’t a clue as to what I have agreed to, just hope I got the nods and grunts in at right places.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Strange how the forum swear word censor lets you put tit in singular and not plural form.

Sound like you have a interesting back yard with the bird life, we used to have a lot of vatious birds in our place bit with people cutting down trees and the influx of cats they are scarce now. A few green parrots, rainbow lorrikeets, butcher birds, magpies, noisy miner, honey eaters, the occasional willy wagtail are about main ones to visit.
Thanks for your response@Riva_Roxaban. My thoughts exactly about the selective censoring. Yes, we are blessed with such a variety of birds. The garden of our bungalow was already bird friendly when we moved here recently with lots of bushes and trees and a small stream nearby but we have added bird feeding stations and a number of stone water bowels for the birds to drink from and bath in. We have been delighted by the varieties of birds as well as squirrels and a fox that visit us. Your birds sound much more colourful. I love parrots and parakeets. We used to have pet budgies at our old house which were often out of their cages but to have such birds flying wild outdoors must be amazing. Shame about the trees being cut down around you but glad you still have a variety of birds visiting. I don't know what butcher birds are like. I may Google to find out. Best wishes to you. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

A new customer to gennepher's cat diner this morning.
The regular first customer of the day Shadow had not arrived yet.
Then the new customer.
A massive long haired manky looking all black cat.
He ate the wet food, cautiously checking his new surroundings and looking at me in the eyes.
Then Manky Ginger enters the scene. He did not like the intruder and came within inches of him, his body language saying scram black cat, but his words were very rude.
Manky Black Cat didn't react at all but carried on eating very slowly. Manky Ginger said his piece and slowly left.
Manky Black Cat ate all the wet food and then also very slowly and cautiously left.
Shadow rushes in, only to find her cat food is eaten up. She is lashing her tail furiously and leaves in the same direction as Manky Black Cat had gone.
Mrs Blackbird is next, and comes to feed off the cat biscuits as I am replenishing the wet cat food bowl. She feels safe as long as I am standing there.
Mr Magpie is next in, refuses the food I have put out for him, and darts into the fresh wet cat food. Even he knows something different is going on today. He grabs a chunk and goes to feed his babies.
One of the other gingers is next, and he knows something is up. He takes three quick bites and leaves, eyes constantly checking all about him.
Mrs Bluetit then comes in. She will will normally go on the ground, but not today. She knew something was different, and kept sounding a long alarm call. I had just put my hearing processor on, to listen out for any cat altercations, and I have never heard her sound so many alarm calls. She took a peanut back to her nest where Mr Blutit was anxiously waiting for her.

This garden is suddenly extraordinarily quiet now, no feathered nor furred beasts are moving...just the ladybirds hatching out in safety...

Creative this morning is the apple blossom in my garden in the kaleidoscope app Laboscope.

Time for another cuppa...

View attachment 54343
Word is definitely spreading - probably those noisy magpies. lovely apple blossom.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone whatever stage you are at in your day. Thank you for the tales of @gennepher's wildlife diner and the kaleidoscope. @dunelm I imagine the M and S expedition was amusing. How does that work without a fitting? Thank you for the art . The trip to the pub sounds convivial and the family get together is obviously something important to you all. Am I right that it is in memory/honour of a family member taken too early? I think God may be subtly making me reconsider my discomfort/aversion to pub going/meals out with family and gatherings of people who are not my children or grandchildren. @gennepher I think He is also working (through you) on me to take more notice of the glory and wonder of flora and fauna. I'm ok with lawns, fruit trees, well tended crops and dogs but that is constricting creation too much. He really does move in mysterious ways. Perhaps His next job is to make me understand how to live in peace with Elsie. We live in hope– which is a good sign off. Go (safely) Team D
Yes, our annual family gathering is for our nephew, taken by Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 21.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, our annual family gathering is for our nephew, taken by Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 21.
A wonderful thing to do. Hard to decide between hug and winner but either way a moving event for you all and something good came out of an awful event.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @ianpspurs
The wonder of nature is amazing....

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
Ticking off the last of the long list of purchases that my pal’s wife (and daughter) sent over to him before he flys home tomorrow - such a variety of stuff and watching him squirm about with the bra lady in M&S was a real treat. A meet up with a couple of old army pals in our local pub last night - Mrs Miggins included of course. Packing today. We are away at the weekend on our annual family weekend. This year in the land of the Picts, woad and wee Jimmy Cranky. I don’t think that I will be doing much walking but it’s good to see family and I think 35 of us are going this year. Mrs Miggins has issued cooking and cleaning duties.
Art bit - a little boat on a large sheet of paper (3ft high). Have a wonderful day today, we are all crowded at the window in anticipation of the parade of the bin lorry - and with koffy.

View attachment 54342
Sounds interesting at M&S...

Wee little boat is working very hard through those waters, overshadowed by hugs mountains.

Enjoy the bin lorry parade. I gave my wheelie a holiday again...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds interesting at M&S...

Wee little boat is working very hard through those waters, overshadowed by hugs mountains.

Enjoy the bin lorry parade. I gave my wheelie a holiday again...
Interesting covers it ...;)

Cue two 'older' gents ..Mrs slocombe presiding ..
For whom is the gift...& what size, sir ?"

A touch of the Tommy Cooper's ,
"This size" , pointing to his fez..

and just like that.....mr Humphreys arrives .:hilarious:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.40am FBG 6.0 considering yesterday's excesses should have been higher.
School visit went well, child is to start next friday. Mornings only for a week, then full time. Am mystified as to what working parents do with children on wednesday as kindergarten is not open that day.
Doctor assured me this afternoon that I have no problem with kidneys or liver. Scan is just a precaution, as all abnormal results in bloods might have been from previous infection. Alcohol is allowed once more. Great news , just in time for the double18th birthday party on Sunday. My nieces birthdays are only four days apart, so they frequently have joint family celebration.
Friends have provided dinner for tonight so I have few mins to myself enough time to clean living room then.
I know it's boring, but needs doing, dont think it right to leave for houseguests.
@dogslife cannot understand why the birds use the facilities you provide.
"stone water bowels for the birds to drink from and bath in"
@gennepher wonder where the new cat came from? There are no strays here at all. Apparently there were dozens, but hunting, inbreeding and illness has wiped them out.
As for the wonders of nature we have had a mass hatching of golden spiderlings, very pretty and really tiny. Our guest insists she is not afraid of them, "but they are just nasty"
The whole family watched aghast a few days ago, as I coaxed a much larger spider onto my hand and took it outside. Am not sure how they deal with the inevitable spiders in the house.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
School visit went well, child is to start next friday. Mornings only for a week, then full time. Am mystified as to what working parents do with children on wednesday as kindergarten is not open that day.
Doctor assured me this afternoon that I have no problem with kidneys or liver. Scan is just a precaution, as all abnormal results in bloods might have been from previous infection. Alcohol is allowed once more. Great news , just in time for the double18th birthday party on Sunday. My nieces birthdays are only four days apart, so they frequently have joint family celebration.
Friends have provided dinner for tonight so I have few mins to myself enough time to clean living room then.
I know it's boring, but needs doing, dont think it right to leave for houseguests.
@gennepher wonder where the new cat came from? There are no strays here at all. Apparently there were dozens, but hunting, inbreeding and illness has wiped them out.
As for the wonders of nature we have had a mass hatching of golden spiderlings, very pretty and really tiny. Our guest insists she is not afraid of them, "but they are just nasty"
The whole family watched aghast a few days ago, as I coaxed a much larger spider onto my hand and took it outside. Am not sure how they deal with the inevitable spiders in the house.
That sounds good news about kidneys and liver and everything else @SlimLizzy
I have never seen this cat before. It has never passed through my garden...
There acres and acres of ancient woodlands at the back of me. Maybe some of the cats live in there?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
5.15am FBG 5.6
Am in the car and a few miles on the way when I realise my feet are warm - I am still wearing slippers!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news on the medical front and hope that you have a good journey to the UK

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from what looks like it may be a wonderful day here in the dark and dangerous north.
Up early to see my pal off on his journey back to the USA - never seen so much luggage in what looks like a pair of Tardis - is the plural for Tardis still Tardis? Quick tidy up and then we will be off up to the land of the Scotia.
Art bit - some sort of splodge that I did a few days ago and can’t remember why. Oh well, enjoy your day. I shall make koffy.

upload_2022-4-29_6-16-55.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from what looks like it may be a wonderful day here in the dark and dangerous north.
Up early to see my pal off on his journey back to the USA - never seen so much luggage in what looks like a pair of Tardis - is the plural for Tardis still Tardis? Quick tidy up and then we will be off up to the land of the Scotia.
Art bit - some sort of splodge that I did a few days ago and can’t remember why. Oh well, enjoy your day. I shall make koffy.

View attachment 54352
Enjoy your coffee @dunelm
Great art splodge in the land of mystery....

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Shadow was waiting for me to get up to open the cat diner this morning. She got first dibs, followed closely by the four ginger musketeers (the ginger cats).

Shadow is now on guard on my garage roof for yesterday's new intruder, who is not getting a look in this morning...so far, but we have the rest of the day yet...it is now 8 am.

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon) attempted a crash landing on the tiny circular bird table, miscalculated, then aimed for the garage roof but Shadow was there, so Mr Heffalump had to do a midair recalculation, which involved a lot of wing flapping, and he landed on something out of my sight. Landing number two, once he had regained his bearings, was more successful on the tiny bird table, and he gobbled up all the peanuts.

All small birds including Mr&Mrs Blackbird are present and correct and eating.

Calico is now demolishing all the wet cat food. So that is all the regulars taken care of, apart from Mr Magpie who also discovered he cannot land on my garage roof and has to land short on to my overhead electric cable supply to my garage, and is hopping along that. Shadow hasn't taken up tightrope walking yet, but she was considering it...

Shadow has just taken a flying leap on to my bungalow roof. I guess Mr Magpie won't be too pleased because that is his domain...

Creative today is another Laboscope kaleidoscope. This time it is of my single blossom on my pear tree, but that got swallowed up in the kaleidoscope. I guess no pears this year...

The black cat is Shadow guarding this garden...
Popeye is represented by the text cat besides my name.

Time for a coffee or two...
And to do my duties replenishing this cat diner for all and sundry...

image.jpeg

Last edited: