What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Well, I'm going to have 2 cooked chicken thighs for my bf! They were left over from my 'tea' last night. Today I'm having airfried belly pork slices for dinner with green veg and probably scrambled or boiled eggs for tea with buttered Ryvitas. Any snack with be my 70% chocolate. Have a good day everyone

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
LOL, I was just going to explain it when I saw Annb had beaten me to it!!

But did I get it right? You might have a different memory of how it used to work. It was never very clear cut and now it is just a total mess with people just making up their own minds about what to call a meal - and why not? The only name I consistently use these days is breakfast because that is what you do in the morning - break your overnight fast. Sometimes I use "brunch" even though it is breaking a fast because it seems too late in the day to be eating breakfast. I usually have breakfast and a 2nd meal (the meal with no name).

Em's here and that might delay my 2nd meal, but it is still planned to be baked fish with some peppers and some lemon and maybe some other pickled veggies as well.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All well its (Chunky Fish Finger Firsday here which I look forward to like a little kid! Green beans & broccoli on the side. Lunch today was 6 mini chicken satays in a little box from Waitrose with a small peanut dip and side salad. Was busy didnt check how carbs or otherwise the snack was. Brekkie was a slice of LivLife toast (defo more cardboardy than HiLo but its all I have in atm.
Bought rosemary & garlic salmon fillets from the Waitrose fish counter for our suppee tomorrow. I know what tomo’s breakfast will be lol but only know lunch will be a small plate of protein & salad. Had some cold boiled eggs earlier in the week did them for the same time as ready to eat boiled eggs and they were nice mashed with a bit of mayo, not as dry as hardboiled.

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That looks very tasty!
Happy Kings day from the Netherlands everyone!
Turned out I completely accidentally went along with the orange craziness going over my country on this day. :hilarious:
Made a very tasty bell pepper soup. I only had yellow and orange bell peppers, and I added some freshly grated turmeric as well, so the result is very fitting for Koningsdag. :)

279178798_10225446224776883_2860309303767668500_n.jpg
that looks tasty.

how did you make it please :)

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
that looks tasty.

how did you make it please :)
I put 5 bell peppers and half a bulb of garlic in the oven without preparation. Took out the garlic after 20 minutes, left the bell pepper for 45. Peeled both after cooling.
Fried onion, added a stalk of celery after a while, and freshly grated ginger and turmeric. Added tomato paste.
Added water, two stock cubes (herbs, not meat) and some dried green herbs, no idea which ones, I just used the first pot I saw.
Let it simmer until everything was soft, added 2/3 of the bell pepper and all of the garlic and used the stick blender.
Added the rest of the pepper cut in small pieces.
Added the leftover cream, not creamy enough so I added some cream cheese as well.
When dinner time came I garnished with parmesan and smoked paprika before putting the bowl of soup in the microwave.

I think today I'll throw in some fried bacon cubes as well. I think halloumi cubes would work well too, if you prefer vegetarian, but I don't have halloumi and I do have bacon. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I put 5 bell peppers and half a bulb of garlic in the oven without preparation. Took out the garlic after 20 minutes, left the bell pepper for 45. Peeled both after cooling.
Fried onion, added a stalk of celery after a while, and freshly grated ginger and turmeric. Added tomato paste.
Added water, two stock cubes (herbs, not meat) and some dried green herbs, no idea which ones, I just used the first pot I saw.
Let it simmer until everything was soft, added 2/3 of the bell pepper and all of the garlic and used the stick blender.
Added the leftover cream, not creamy enough so I added some cream cheese as well.
When dinner time came I garnished with parmesan and smoked paprika before putting the bowl of soup in the microwave.

I think today I'll throw in some fried bacon cubes as well. I think halloumi cubes would work well too, if you prefer vegetarian, but I don't have halloumi and I do have bacon. :)

Your soup looks and sounds wonderful, I bet the bacon was a really good addition today.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a DGF millionaire’s shortbread.
Dinner: meatballs in tomato and mascarpone sauce followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- scrambled eggs on lc toast and marmite.
Late lunch- Nando’s 1/2 chicken, which arrived too late to eat yesterday so eaten cold today. DGF cake.
Afternoon snack - 2 squares Montezuma’s peanut butter absolute black bar.
I don’t think I’ll have dinner as I’m not hungry yet.
Edit to add I did have a sort of dinner - piece of very ripe Brie, few walnuts and a tot of gin.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your soup looks and sounds wonderful, I bet the bacon was a really good addition today.
It turned out I didn't have bacon after all (or technically I did, but it was at the very back of the fridge, hidden by other stuff, and it clearly told me I should have checked the fridge a very long time ago :bag::sorry:) but I did find a forgotten 'droge worst' (Dutch dried sausage), which was at least as tasty after frying small bits of it! :)

The soup itself was much better too, second day really makes a difference!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small rib steak, well cooked (not runny) eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms for breakfast.
Nothing for smoko, lemon cordial with a big scoop of the go powder.
Chicken legs, green veggies, gravy for lunch.
Small container of pea and ham soup, two slices of toast for supper at six.

Six pepper crackers with blue cheese watching Prime.

On the subject of meal time we also have a "lappo" this is mainly a cigarette break of five minutes every hour in the meat works / abattoir industry.

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Thank you that is super clear.
it is the first time I saw pepper soup and that looks brilliant.

RosemaryJackson

But did I get it right? You might have a different memory of how it used to work. It was never very clear cut and now it is just a total mess with people just making up their own minds about what to call a meal - and why not? The only name I consistently use these days is breakfast because that is what you do in the morning - break your overnight fast. Sometimes I use "brunch" even though it is breaking a fast because it seems too late in the day to be eating breakfast. I usually have breakfast and a 2nd meal (the meal with no name).

Em's here and that might delay my 2nd meal, but it is still planned to be baked fish with some peppers and some lemon and maybe some other pickled veggies as well.

Yes you did. Brunch I think is an American saying. Breakfast, dinner and tea and then supper. The Hoi Polloi had breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. I'm sticking to what I was brought up with, bf, dinner and tea )and no supper if I was naughty!)

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. I had such a bad carb day yesterday, I am going to fast for as long as possible and then eat carb free till tea time. Have got myself in the doldrums after talking about my beloved daughter so am trying to get out of it.

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't bother with the fish yesterday evening because it didn't thaw sufficiently to open it out (it was kind of squashed in a bag). Just had some bits and pieces of smoked salmon, cucumber, lettuce - all just picked at and not made into anything.

Breakfast this morning was a slice of wholemeal toast with butter and Marmite and some tea. Can't drink too much until I've been to my GP appointment this afternoon - can't take the risk even without taking my diuretic pills.

The fish is defrosted now, so I'll bake it when I come back this afternoon for my 2nd meal.

I weighed myself this morning for the first time in about a fortnight. I have gained 5 lb and am now 17 st 8 lb! That's an average of 21/2 lb a week. Disappointing.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a lapse last night (raspberries and alpro cream and more nuts than I want to admit to) I was still low carb but not fast 800 friendly so today I fasted for 16 hours then had

Lunch-
Bfree protein wrap
Morrisons plant revolution coleslaw
This isn’t bacon fake bacon (best one I’ve tried so far in terms of closeness to taste of real bacon)

Tonight I am having vegan shawarma with plant based Philadelphia and protein wrap

Total carbs 31g
Total cals 824

Fingers crossed the snack demon doesn’t tear their ugly head again at 8pm!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
77848C70-0E5F-48A2-BA7B-641914DFDD61.jpeg
Back home hopefully for a couple of weeks - says she crossing fingers! Started making some more Lactobacillus Reuteri yoghurt today - missed it while away- and also stewed some pink local rhubarb with ginger and lemon.
Brunch cooked some mushrooms in butter and then scrambled three eggs into the mushrooms and butter served with a few lc seeded crackers followed by four squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner see photo - two lamb loin chops - marinated all day in herbs and olive oil before cooking - served with side salad and hm red cabbage sauerkraut (made 2 months ago but seems happy in fridge!) had small dry red wine and lc blondie with a few spoons of yoghurt.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Dinner: Aldi chicken and chorizo kebabs, leafy salad, coleslaw and two baby tomatoes followed by DGF blueberry crumble with clotted cream.