HbA1c has improved a bit more

chrisjohnh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My latest HbA1c test (April 2022) has given a result of 39, compared to 41 in October 2021, 40 in July 2021, 42 in April 2021 and (on diagnosis) 74 in December 2020.
I am still sticking to my regimen of average 2050 daily cals and 135g daily carbs and at least 200 cals burned in daily exercise. I am becoming more confident, after this 17-month journey, that I can keep myself in remission for some time to come, perhaps indefinitely. Staying slim and keeping those carbs in moderation does appear to be the simple key to all this, in the majority of cases.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Well done chrisjohnh! The more encouraging stories the better.

LINMARIE

Well done !! I just love reading success stories it keeps me on the straight and narrow in my journey since Jan this year. Its hard determination and of course low carbs that get us there in the end

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great success & still putting away 135gs of carbs is huge.
Getting your BMI down to 21 is savage, I'm still parked at 32.

Funny though, like you I went from a 42" waist to a 34".
That adage about waistline must hold true

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My latest HbA1c test (April 2022) has given a result of 39, compared to 41 in October 2021, 40 in July 2021, 42 in April 2021 and (on diagnosis) 74 in December 2020.
I am still sticking to my regimen of average 2050 daily cals and 135g daily carbs and at least 200 cals burned in daily exercise. I am becoming more confident, after this 17-month journey, that I can keep myself in remission for some time to come, perhaps indefinitely. Staying slim and keeping those carbs in moderation does appear to be the simple key to all this, in the majority of cases.
Great. Please keep i up.