Libre 2 alarms

steveo4

The alarms on the sensors are very poor this is the third sensor in a row now where the alarms have stopped working after just 6 days of using them.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Sorry to hear this. What device are you using with your Libre?

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The alarms on the sensors are very poor this is the third sensor in a row now where the alarms have stopped working after just 6 days of using them.
Stopped working could mean a lot of things. What precisely happens?

steveo4

Stopped working could mean a lot of things. What precisely happens?
This is what I get. Have tried turning Bluetooth off then back on but still the sameView attachment 54382
Screenshot_20220501-122807.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi again,

Somethings you can try.

In systems apps Bluetooth delete memory & cache. (Then reboot phone.)
Check locations are switched on?
In apps, Librelink. Make sure notifications are on & not blocked.
Then permissions are allowed.?

Hope something here helps.

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Signal Loss can happen of a variety of reasons;

Proximity to your Phone
Rapidly shifting Blood Sugar can sometimes temporarily disables the alarms
Too many Bluetooth devices close together (for instance if I sit next two active active Bluetooth devices it can sometimes disable my Alarms)

So if this happens Day 6, does the error message go away? If it doesn’t go away, you might want to report this to Abbott as a faulty sensor.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
This is what I get. Have tried turning Bluetooth off then back on but still the sameView attachment 54382View attachment 54383
When you use the volume key and it comes up on screen. Tap the 3 dots. Probably one of the 4 volume levels which will come up is on silent. Other than that. Settings. Apps. Libre link. Notifications. Make sure all the switches are on. I switch off sensor status. At the end of a sensor. If not it notifies you ever hour of the last 24. Switch it back on before starting a new one thou.

steveo4

When you use the volume key and it comes up on screen. Tap the 3 dots. Probably one of the 4 volume levels which will come up is on silent. Other than that. Settings. Apps. Libre link. Notifications. Make sure all the switches are on. I switch off sensor status. At the end of a sensor. If not it notifies you ever hour of the last 24. Switch it back on before starting a new one thou.
Thank you have just tried what you suggested and it is working again now.

Reactions: Ipodlistener

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Sometimes when you adjust the volume switch depending on what's onscreen. It'll adjust one of them four adjustments. Just keep an eye on it.