Prediabetes Is my pancreas up the creek. ?

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Good morning to all.
Right Iv been doing low carb for a couple of years now. Doing recipes from the Diabetic site and the recent £32 cookbook.
No real results so far just a loss of a couple of lbs.
So after Reading an article On another site Iv dropped between 10/20 carbs per day. Writing everything down so no ketosis. No weight loss.
I’m
Just about ready after all this time to Jack it in, and be a rabbit for the rest of my life.
I love meat and veg but I can’t help but wonder where I’m going wrong.
I have double cream in my coffee 2/3 times a day about two teaspoons. Eat good quality meat etc.
I’m just wondering what’s happening. My body does not appear to be responding to this low carb diet. Or is it my pancreas ?
My bs is normally between 6.2 to 6.5. So that’s working with what I’m eating.
So why no ketosis or weight loss. ?
You people are full of valuable knowledge so please help if you can. Are the any blood test the Gp will do that could tell why.
Many thanks. Kindest regards.

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I do some fasting as well. I stop eating by 6pm. So nothing until 9am or some days 12 midday.

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Teatime this evening I measured ketones and found a slight pink pad on the stix.
Nothing dramatic though. Bit disappointing really.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Urine stick for ketones don’t register well after a few weeks. They are those that are wasted rather than those that are produced. If you’ve been low carb/keto for years you probably utilise them well and don’t waste many. Breath or blood show what you’re actually making. Also more ketones don’t necessarily mean better results. Ketosis is ketosis.

Alternatively there’s something in your diet that is keeping you out of ketosis. The weight loss part can take a while as metabolic and hormonal rebalancing happens first. (It’s not always a sudden huge whoosh of weight loss for everyone). Also shape change happens before weight loss in many cases. Take pictures and measurements.