What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 7.1 today so very near the desired 6s. Out for coffee today so we’ll see how that goes might be safer to stick to tea. I like an occasional flat white but don’t always trust it BS wise. Anyway have a great Tuesday everyone.
We really need a frustration emoji on here .

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication

no idea what i did differently
but happy still
a better number finally

Reactions: RoughcutAU

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We really need a frustration emoji on here .

t1950.gif
s0904.gif
t2422.gif

https://yoursmiles.org/t-rtfm.php

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
11 tonight - something is awry :confused:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Oh my….. I’m sorry, I know it is so horrid. I’ve be having 5 point swings for this last week and when I get them it really depresses me. So, Big Picture time.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh my….. I’m sorry, I know it is so horrid. I’ve be having 5 point swings for this last week and when I get them it really depresses me. So, Big Picture time.
I think I fasted for too long - I didn't eat till 1pm and was starving with a belting head to begin with. Eyes went blurry and took reading and it shook me. It will go down, just not really sure why its higher than normal

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well something is deff awry - I have just taken my bg and its 5.4 normal for me nowadays. But it scared me as my vision went, I felt hot and not in a sexy way lol and was disorientated but I believe that was the panic setting in. Either way its normal now, a crash from 11 to normal bizarre!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well something is deff awry - I have just taken my bg and its 5.4 normal for me nowadays. But it scared me as my vision went, I felt hot and not in a sexy way lol and was disorientated but I believe that was the panic setting in. Either way its normal now, a crash from 11 to normal bizarre!

t4617.gif

This weekend my BG went through the roof. It doesn't take much to make me panic, and that did. Thankfully it came down, but good grief!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May the 4th be with you. Swipey insulted me with 6.4 first up. What kind of gormless chap repeatedly endures a way of eating which is generally barking mad and mostly a pleasure free zone despite the major desired result being largely unattainable (as expected)? There must be a medical term for this behaviour - self harm? - but I'll still have another punt today. If I didn't know better I'd call this an eating disorder and seek help. Go Team D.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my meeting with the lipid consultant, first time I have talked to him, he was really nice. He has told me its not Polygenic Hypercholestemia that the registrar said I had, he basically said it was my very low carb diet - No surprises there then.;) Told me that my body cannot process LDL properly and to change my diet or take meds to bring levels down. It was a good appointment, I was already thinking there must be something stopping my LDL lowering as no matter what my other results are LDL stays around the same high levels so the suspect processing issue certainly made sense to me. Anyway he wants bloods but as I have my HbA1c in a couple of months I think he is willing to wait until then. In the meantime I will play about with my diet hopefully not affecting glucose levels too much. I have tried to introduce porridge - had some yesterday and today. Certainly not seeing the massive spike I have had in the past but I have only had very small portions so far plus I had a G&T last night (reward for a positive appt) which may account for the very pleasing FBG this morning that came in at 4.4 on optimistic meter and 4.5 on regular meter. :) Will be checking hourly to see what happens re the porridge. Have a good day folks, I plan to if I can. :angelic:

Sorry mods for the divergence from main topic, needed to share my relief with "friends" will shut up now. :sorry:

Reactions: HeliGary

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ryhia i don’t know how low carb you are, I am under 50g a day, generally under 40, and that has lead to virtually no changes in my various cholesterol numbers since I started living this way a year or 18 months ago, so hopefully you don’t need to raise your carbs massively. That said I am on a statin, and have been for 17 years.

I'll PM you to answer if that's ok?