What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can feel now exactly how I think you feel on that @Krystyna23040
Actually be very spooky thing happened there a few years ago. I kept hearing the sounds of happy people chatting but when I went out to check there was no one there.

One day I heard the people laughing and chatting and I went to check where it was coming from. There was a church member in the hallway who said to me 'I can see that you can also hear people talking when there isn't a group of people in the building '. Apparently he often heard it. Luckily I never heard it again as that was seriously spooky.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually be very spooky thing happened there a few years ago. I kept hearing the sounds of happy people chatting but when I went out to check there was no one there.

One day I heard the people laughing and chatting and I went to check where it was coming from. There was a church member in the hallway who said to me 'I can see that you can also hear people talking when there isn't a group of people in the building '. Apparently he often heard it. Luckily I never heard it again as that was seriously spooky.
That was seriously spooky @Krystyna23040
But if they were happy voices, they must have enjoyed themselves there, whenever that was...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried initially to do the settings without looking at the instruction book. Today I decided to check the instructions. Who would of thought that reading the instruction book would have made such a difference. Of course you should only look at the instruction book when all else fails.
Honorary Male Level Status .....

Achieved :D

Welcome to our world of irrelevant manuals & guides .:bag: :hilarious:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those who wonder why "falling off the wagon" may be such a regular topic in posts this may help. A very long read but does explain how desire to ignore "keep off the grass" is timeless. My hunch is why Elsie/Keto has become "a thing" has as much to do with this "it’s not a better way to live we’re seeking, just a less painful way to work and die – all while “looking good” Next time you "fall off the wagon" console yourself with all the great minds who conclude it really isn't your fault:D

Reactions: SlimLizzy

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, life the universe and everything got in the way of reporting my blood sugars today, that’s my excuse.

Blood sugars were 5.6 this morning.

I’ve received a letter from the hospital diabetic clinic cancelling my telephone appointment on Friday only in the same letter offering me a new telephone appointment at the same time on the same Friday. Much fun was had asking them to clarify as to when my appointment was. It wasn’t helped by the lady who trying to sort this out, first language was not English.

Not only but also, I received a text on Mrs J’s phone cancelling my warfarin and other tests scheduled for this morning, I responded straight away saying one of the tests was warfarin and the hospital warfarin clinic get rather tweaky if the test is delayed, a new appointment was offered at 15:05 on Friday. In response to my reply they offered me an appointment for this morning cancelling the Friday appointment, unfortunately I didn’t get this new offered appointment till this afternoon. A polite call was made and a new appointment has been made for tomorrow morning at sunrise it appears, the excuse offered was we didn’t have your notes to hand and the warfarin test should not have been cancelled.
Sometimes life is fun and you have to roll with punches.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, life the universe and everything got in the way of reporting my blood sugars today, that’s my excuse.

I’ve received a letter from the hospital diabetic clinic cancelling my telephone appointment on Friday only in the same letter offering me a new telephone appointment at the same time on the same Friday. Much fun was had asking them to clarify as to when my appointment was. It wasn’t helped by the lady who trying to sort this out, first language was not English.

Not only but also, I received a text on Mrs J’s phone cancelling my warfarin and other tests scheduled for this morning, I responded straight away saying one of the tests was warfarin and the hospital warfarin clinic get rather tweaky if the test is delayed, a new appointment was offered at 15:05 on Friday. In response to my reply they offered me an appointment for this morning cancelling the Friday appointment, unfortunately I didn’t get this new offered appointment till this afternoon. A polite call was made and a new appointment has been made for tomorrow morning at sunrise it appears, the excuse offered was we didn’t have your notes to hand and the warfarin test should not have been cancelled.

Oh what a mess.

Well done you fur staying positive :)

I suspect a few words thrown around here at the paucity of joined up thinking :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hope all goes well :happy:

whatever day & time they finally decide on ;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For those who wonder why "falling off the wagon" may be such a regular topic in posts this may help. A very long read but does explain how desire to ignore "keep off the grass" is timeless. My hunch is why Elsie/Keto has become "a thing" has as much to do with this "it’s not a better way to live we’re seeking, just a less painful way to work and die – all while “looking good” Next time you "fall off the wagon" console yourself with all the great minds who conclude it really isn't your fault:D
Very interesting article @ianpspurs

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hugs for this messing about @alf_Josiah
I don't understand the cancelling of the appointment, and a new one offered at the same time same day, or in my case 5 minutes later. I just turned up early, in my case as I cannot telephone to sort this stuff out.
But the cancelling of the Warfarin was inexcusable for you.
I hope all the tests go well this morning.
And the day goes easily, effortlessly, and enjoyably as possible.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

It seems that yesterday the large long haired black cat who ate a four course breakfast, stayed hanging around. And ate a second four course breakfast. None of my other strays challenged this intruder long haired black cat. Then it sat down, with its back to me. And I am thinking this cat is rather large. But it is a very long haired cat. It is strange it is so hungry. And my next thought is, I am hoping it is not eating for a baker's dozen...

Maybe that is why my other strays didn't challenge this intruder for their food.

I will try and check it out if it comes back today.

Shadow was a bit upset her favourite food kept vanishing. But I went out and gave her more.

I was in the garden yesterday, and left the back doors of the bungalow open. When I came in, someone had been into the study. There was a large bird dump on my carpet and some scattered peanuts from the bag. It had to be Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon)...

Creative this morning is a kaleidoscope in the Laboscope app of wild garlic and the purple/pink in the middle is the flower buds of my Russian Comfrey.

Time for coffee...

The woodpecker is busy pecking, even I can hear it (I have my hearing processor on early today...). I wonder where it is pecking....

image.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Notes? They have notes?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

It seems that yesterday the large long haired black cat who ate a four course breakfast, stayed hanging around. And ate a second four course breakfast. None of my other strays challenged this intruder long haired black cat. Then it sat down, with its back to me. And I am thinking this cat is rather large. But it is a very long haired cat. It is strange it is so hungry. And my next thought is, I am hoping it is not eating for a baker's dozen...

Maybe that is why my other strays didn't challenge this intruder for their food.

I will try and check it out if it comes back today.

Shadow was a bit upset her favourite food kept vanishing. But I went out and gave her more.

I was in the garden yesterday, and left the back doors of the bungalow open. When I came in, someone had been into the study. There was a large bird dump on my carpet and some scattered peanuts from the bag. It had to be Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon)...

Creative this morning is a kaleidoscope in the Laboscope app of wild garlic and the purple/pink in the middle is the flower buds of my Russian Comfrey.

Time for coffee...

The woodpecker is busy pecking, even I can hear it (I have my hearing processor on early today...). I wonder where it is pecking....

View attachment 54407
That Mr Heffalump is taking liberties. Beautiful garlic flowers - and nice to know that you have old knitbone, a very versatile plant.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a so far part cloudy, part blue streak start here in the dark and dangerous north
I made the mistake of tuning in to Daily Politics yesterday - dear me. And to think that I used to enjoy that programme - prior covid of course. Ah well, we were never meant to be involved in all the worlds ills. Another bit of telly not to watch - like Crossroads, Coronation Street or that other propaganda thing about life near a London pub. We are losing yet more shrubbery - the Knights that go ‘Ni’ will be upset but the borders in the back garden are sorely overgrown and Mrs Miggins is a dab hand at chopping stuff up - far more interesting to watch than a shredder (note: don’t search for machinery online, you know it will all go pear shaped). Today is pluck the heads off the tulips day and not Star Wars Day as some may think.
Art bit - another tree spotted lurking in a Scottish field. May the forth be with you on this auspicious day. I simply must have koffy.

upload_2022-5-4_7-34-27.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a so far part cloudy, part blue streak start here in the dark and dangerous north
I made the mistake of tuning in to Daily Politics yesterday - dear me. And to think that I used to enjoy that programme - prior covid of course. Ah well, we were never meant to be involved in all the worlds ills. Another bit of telly not to watch - like Crossroads, Coronation Street or that other propaganda thing about life near a London pub. We are losing yet more shrubbery - the Knights that go ‘Ni’ will be upset but the borders in the back garden are sorely overgrown and Mrs Miggins is a dab hand at chopping stuff up - far more interesting to watch than a shredder (note: don’t search for machinery online, you know it will all go pear shaped). Today is pluck the heads off the tulips day and not Star Wars Day as some may think.
Art bit - another tree spotted lurking in a Scottish field. May the forth be with you on this auspicious day. I simply must have koffy.

View attachment 54408
Nice trees in those Scottish fields @dunelm
I like this one.
Enjoy that coffee!

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee. Classes this morning then a lovely long break until the 6pm classes this evening.

Reactions: dogslife

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to May 4th (@dunelm stole my line) Pablo's chicken tasted good, used up some of our h/m almond flour ("slurry" from h/m almond milk,dried and blitzed) JKP also coated mushrooms with the mix. They worked well. What kind of gormless oaf repeatedly endures a way of eating which generally seems barking mad and mostly a pleasure free zone despite the desired results being largely no better than chance (as expected)? There must be a medical term for this behaviour - self harm? - but I'll still have another punt today. The two grandchildren playing on my floor and JKP deserve me to care enough to keep right on to the end of the road. Duty and care should always trump pleasure but there is a weird (perverted?) sense of satisfaction in living this way - sticking 2 fingers up to Elsie?. I can absolutely see how and why people develop eating disorders despite knowing they are doing harm - which does beg a huge question. @dunelm thanks for the art and journey down TV memory lane. @gennepher another smashing kaleidoscope but sorry about #pigeongate. Enjoy your day and come back safe and sound for years to come although I should maybe wish for you all to manage The D so well it seems unnecessary.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to May 4th (@dunelm stole my line) Pablo's chicken tasted good, used up some of our h/m almond flour ("slurry" from h/m almond milk,dried and blitzed) JKP also coated mushrooms with the mix. They worked well. What kind of gormless oaf repeatedly endures a way of eating which generally seems barking mad and mostly a pleasure free zone despite the desired results being largely no better than chance (as expected)? There must be a medical term for this behaviour - self harm? - but I'll still have another punt today. The two grandchildren playing on my floor and JKP deserve me to care enough to keep right on to the end of the road. Duty and care should always trump pleasure but there is a weird (perverted?) sense of satisfaction in living this way - sticking 2 fingers up to Elsie?. I can absolutely see how and why people develop eating disorders despite knowing they are doing harm - which does beg a huge question. @dunelm thanks for the art and journey down TV memory lane. @gennepher another smashing kaleidoscope but sorry about #pigeongate. Enjoy your day and come back safe and sound for years to come although I should maybe wish for you all to manage The D so well it seems unnecessary.
So sorry (bow) so sorry (bow). Luke, I am not your father, I am Spartacus.