What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
7 this morning but dp playing a part, better than the horrific readings (for me) the last couple of days. Off for my workout now:cool:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been off line for a while but here is my fbg readings over the last few days:

April 29th 6.3
30th 6.5
1st May 5.9
2nd 7.3
3rd 7.2

Today 6.1
And now seeing much better with right eye hope it's not too long till they sort out the left eye.:)

Reactions: RoughcutAU

CAllyD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I haven't been testing for a while and not sure if the test kit is giving the right reading. I have really tried to do better but anyways, mine this AM was 7 then I tested again and it was even worse 7. 4! Disappointing really

Reactions: Ryhia

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I haven't been testing for a while and not sure if the test kit is giving the right reading. I have really tried to do better but anyways, mine this AM was 7 then I tested again and it was even worse 7. 4! Disappointing really
Winner for testing and posting. Knowledge is power.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.4 yesterday ( I stepped off the wagon on tuesday ... yes stepped not fell) climbed back on yesterday and FBG was 8.2 this morning. Not great but at least I got back on the "wagon " usually its runs off for weeks :rolleyes:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs i do wish swipey would behave itself, you are the most supportive member of this thread, and you really deserve better, keep on keeping on !

@CAllyD if I tested as soon as I wake up I would get one number, 20 minutes later I am normally 0.2 to 0.5 points higher.
Thanks @BrianDoc. I think Swipey reflects other impacts on bg quite well. Elsie seems to be a red herring for that issue and bg testing is habit cum being determined not to let The D be an obstacle to dealing with whatever is finally felt to be the problem. Starting to be counter productive I think.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning, after spending an hour in bed in a battle of wills with the pup ... a battle I was never going to win ! I should just get up the first time she tells me !

Have your pup and my cat been emailing each other their strategies? :D

Reactions: RoughcutAU

RoughcutAU

FBG 5.9 - that will do nicely. Lets see how a long weekend out in the country visiting family effects the old glucose levels. *bated breath*

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 today. Looks like high 4s and low 5s in the morning at the moment. Will have to ask GP about A1c test to check if has changed as its been 6 months now. Have a nice day everyone :)