Forum moderator nominations 2022 - now open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everyone! It's that time of the year again where we look to refresh the panel of moderators who volunteer to moderate the Diabetes.co.uk Forum.

Forum moderator nominations 2022 are open!

We're pleased to open up nominations for members to become a forum moderator for 2022-2023.

@Andydragon , @Antje77 , @EllieM, @Jaylee and @VashtiB are existing moderators and wish to complete their 2 year terms, as they were all elected in 2021 they don't need re-election till 2023.
@Rachox and @searley are stepping down for personal reasons

This means we need to elect 3 new moderators in 2022.

Moderators play a significant role in ensuring the diabetes forum is a safe, compassionate and inclusive place for all. We welcome lively discussion but are always mindful we are in this together. I'd like to thank the moderators for their time and effort over the last year (and more!). What a year the last 12 months have proved to be!

HOW TO NOMINATE:

Please tag a forum member to nominate them (you can say why too if you like, but please keep this post about nominations). All forum members must confirm their nomination (unless self-nominating) before they will be added to the nominations list.

Nominations will close on 15th May.

Anonymous nominations: people can nominate by sending a PM to any moderator on the forum, if you prefer to remain anonymous.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER NOMINATIONS ARE CONFIRMED:

After nominations are confirmed, there will be a 28 day election period where members can vote for their forum moderators!

A panel of 8-10 moderators is desired to maintain diversity within the moderator team.

Once the date has passed, votes will be collected and the moderator team announced.

KEY DATES:
3rd May - 15th May (midnight):
nominations open for moderators 2022-2023
20th May - 12th June: voting opens
13th June: announce elected moderators
Results announced ASAP thereafter.
Induction period for new and existing moderators to follow.
We look forward to this year's nominations, elections and welcoming new community forum moderators.

Update on 20th May: The elections will not be going ahead as nominees are not oversubscribed this year. :)

(Edited to correct mistake in date)

Nominated and accepted:
@KennyA
@Pipp

Nominated and yet to decide:
@Daibell

Nominated and declined:
@AndBreathe
@Marie 2
@Dr Snoddy
@zand
@MrsA2
@In Response
@Dark Horse
@Fenn
@hankjam
@Brunneria
@jjraak
@Fairygodmother
@PenguinMum
@Oldvatr
@ianpspurs
@Zhnyaka
@Rokaab
@HSSS
@catinahat

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone! It's that time of the year again where we look to refresh the panel of moderators who volunteer to moderate the Diabetes.co.uk Forum.

Forum moderator nominations 2022 are open!

We're pleased to open up nominations for members to become a forum moderator for 2022-2023.

Moderators play a significant role in ensuring the diabetes forum is a safe, compassionate and inclusive place for all. We welcome lively discussion but are always mindful we are in this together. I'd like to thank the moderators for their time and effort over the last year (and more!). What a year the last 12 months have proved to be!

HOW TO NOMINATE:

Please tag a forum member to nominate them (you can say why too if you like, but please keep this post about nominations). All forum members must confirm their nomination (unless self-nominating) before they will be added to the nominations list.

Nominations will close on 4th April.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER NOMINATIONS ARE CONFIRMED:

After nominations are confirmed, there will be a 28 day election period where members can vote for their forum moderators!

A panel of 8-10 moderators is desired to maintain diversity within the moderator team.

Once the date has passed, votes will be collected and the moderator team announced.

KEY DATES:
3rd May - 15th May (midnight):
nominations open for moderators 2022-2023
20th May - 12th June: voting opens
13th June: announce elected moderators
Results announced ASAP thereafter.
Induction period for new and existing moderators to follow.

We look forward to this year's nominations, elections and welcoming new community forum moderators.

Bump.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it possible to have a list of the current mods who are happy to continue?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Come on boys, girls, Jedi or however you choose to identify. This is your forum, and you are being given the opportunity to shape the future over the next couple of years.

Being a Mod can be a thankless task, but it can also be very rewarding indeed. You help far more folks than you irritate or whose days you ruin.

Mods are volunteers and can really only be expected to make a commitment for a couple of year. Yes, they give up time they have, and sometime have to take a break from things, so it is critical there is a decent sized group and that that group represents the forum, in terms of diabetes type, gender and so on.

If you think you'd like to have a go; go for it. Your community needs you!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And another anonymous nomination came in. :)
@Marie 2 , I'm happy to inform you you have been nominated!

Reactions: Marie 2

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps people are a bit shy to be the first to nominate?

If that's the case, I'll break the ice and I'll nominate @AndBreathe ! :)

Thanks, @Antje77 , that could send the forum into a decline, or have many nominated, for fear I got back in!

On a serious note though, I've done my time. :)

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
To tag someone you put an @ before their forum name eg @peat5961 .

(edited for spelling)

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and Marie 2

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We were told there would be a list of existing mods who would be willing to stand again?

And yes @Antje77 is a good choice.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We were told there would be a list of existing mods who would be willing to stand again?

And yes @Antje77 is a good choice.
I'm definitely willing to stay on for another year!

I love the job, not only because I think it's an important one, but also because we work very closely together as a team.
While we do not always agree, every member of the team is willing to listen to the others, and willing to compromise or look at things from another point of view and change their opinion.
We're a pretty chatty bunch too, so it's close to having a group of friends, I can recommend trying it!

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Once again I nominate @Fenn based purely on looks and personality, I have spoken to him and he would accept the job as head moderator on the condition he received £2 from each forum member, weekly. PayPal and all major credit cards accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.