What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 from Swipey so smile and wave boys, smile and wave. Hugs for everyone else whose body apparently disagrees that they did all the right things. There are also times when The D ain't the biggest, baddest beast in the jungle. @BrianDoc tight lines. @DEBBIESCOTT nice start to your day. @PenguinMum I wouldn't be quoting me, my Cambs village has been bereft of an idiot since I was banished to Suffolk. Go Team D - anyone else having a magical day with SSSF, avo and toasted pine nuts?

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this a.m. Had a really big bowl of meaty Bolognese last night at around 7:00 instead of the usual 5 or so, followed by a handful of nuts - a bit carb heavy so v. happy with that result.

@ianpspurs - You keep clinging to that rock :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this a.m. Had a really big bowl of meaty Bolognese last night at around 7:00 instead of the usual 5 or so, followed by a handful of nuts - a bit carb heavy so v. happy with that result.

@ianpspurs - You keep clinging to that rock :)
Thanks and great fbg for you. Very big picture is 1 Corinthians 15:19 for you and I. Eyes on the prize.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Well, I thought I had stayed on the wagon! But my bedtime reading was 8.3 and this morning 8.7. Hey ho, start again. :(
It takes a while for the "Wagon " to take affect or is it effect I never remember which is which :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.7 this morning nothing worth saying about that .

HeyBrenda

Good morning from
I have the rebound effect happening every morning so 9 & up are my usual morning numbers.
Today was 10.2.
I feel like I need to find a fix for this rebound effect.
Happy Friday folks!

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
been a little out of it this last week and a bit, injured my back and bloods were higher than normal, in the mid 6's rather than 5's to low 6's

doc gave me a drug to use for two weeks since I didn't seem to be improving and it is royally screwing with my blood sugars, first morning after taking it was a 7.3, today after a much lower carb meal last night was a 6.9, and just now after a meal that is normally ok for me I hit 11.1...I might need to go a bit keto for these two weeks.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone libre 5.4
Reader 5.1
Finetest lite 4.9
Have a good day everyone

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.7 - Phooey…..

Meanwhile, @ Castile Estragon, the Gardening Team are busy with Busy-Lizzies, laying the lobelias and attempting to be germane with the geraniums…. and the like.

Reactions: mojo37

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 but these 6s are likely due to eating very little these last few days due to constant stomach and joint pain especially at night. Think it might be a flare up of IBD but am exhausted. Anyway on we go. Happy Saturday everyone.

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2. Are far too late last night and paid the price this morning. Late night snacking is my bete noir