Glucose Goddess ( Jessie Inchauspé)

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been following GlucoseGoddess on Instagram - her byline is "Biochemist sharing easy hacks to help... cravings fatigue skin diabetes moodPCOS …" and she has a book coming out. She posts a lot of infographics about how to curb sugar spikes by eating things in the right order and so on and I wondered if any of you had thoughts?

https://www.instagram.com/glucosegoddess/?hl=en

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just glanced at all the lovely pics. She is wearing a cgm or freestyle monitor and experimenting with her own body to show how foods in different orders impact her blood sugar.
This does not mean that you will be the same but yes makes sense to eat very sweet things after a meal (normal protein/fat) and her graphics are great!
Can you get a freestyle libre yourself to see what hacks you could make. I think it is very helpful to see what is happening even if it is just for the 2 weeks that a sensor lasts.
Incidentally I once heard Elizabeth Benton (Chasing Cupcakes author) re consideration of carbs being about the quantity, quality and the company that your carbs keep when you eat them.

Mrs HJG

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I devoured her book last weekend and found it fascinating and like you @SheilaCanning wondering what people think - surprised she has not been mentioned more on here as she has been on everything and in a lot of papers and magazines.

I am still waiting for my Libre (5 weeks and counting) and will be fascinated to see how my bloods levels really are. Despite a low HbA1c in March, my spikes and lows were probably responsible; for the last week I have gone for the salad first hack, already doing the walking after lunch and no sweet snacks, so haven't changed my diet, but seem to be recording more 5s, and few 4s (OK, could be the beginning of honeymoon/reduced metformin kicking in:banghead:, but...).

Anyone on a Libre tried any of the hacks to replicate what Jessie Inchauspé has shown???

Reactions: SheilaCanning

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love her posts but hate the graphics she uses for her CGM graphs, just show the Libre View screencaps ***
She's had major findings though with eating protein before carbs.

Reactions: SheilaCanning

BravoKilo

I devoured her book last weekend and found it fascinating and like you @SheilaCanning wondering what people think - surprised she has not been mentioned more on here as she has been on everything and in a lot of papers and magazines.

I am still waiting for my Libre (5 weeks and counting) and will be fascinated to see how my bloods levels really are. Despite a low HbA1c in March, my spikes and lows were probably responsible; for the last week I have gone for the salad first hack, already doing the walking after lunch and no sweet snacks, so haven't changed my diet, but seem to be recording more 5s, and few 4s (OK, could be the beginning of honeymoon/reduced metformin kicking in:banghead:, but...).

Anyone on a Libre tried any of the hacks to replicate what Jessie Inchauspé has shown???

I tried a couple of her hacks last year with a Libre (protein before carbs, which a dietician also suggested to me, apple cider vinegar drink etc) but unfortunately they didn’t work for me.

Mrs HJG

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried a couple of her hacks last year with a Libre (protein before carbs, which a dietician also suggested to me, apple cider vinegar drink etc) but unfortunately they didn’t work for me.
Maybe if on low carb already, as I am too, there isn't that big 'difference' to see, or were you spiking after the carbs no matter what? I love all the logic of the theory, and she's very personable, so I can't wait to test it all!

BravoKilo

Maybe if on low carb already, as I am too, there isn't that big 'difference' to see, or were you spiking after the carbs no matter what? I love all the logic of the theory, and she's very personable, so I can't wait to test it all!

I was spiking after the carbs. It was early on in my low carb journey- in the first couple of months. And to really check one would need to try and repeat the same “experiment” a few times under similar conditions, which I didn’t do.

We are all different; I no longer have a gallbladder, for example.
She is indeed very personable, and it’s interesting what’s she’s doing.

Reactions: Mrs HJG