What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning/afternoon/whenever to you all from a sunny but too breezy for proper warmth day here. May 8th 2013 was warm and unforgettable since both my parents died that day. The plan today is to visit, tidy, then place flowers and plants on their grave. Easier said than done without painkillers and seat fiddling for "an issue with my sacrum" which can now make car journeys "difficult" I discovered on Friday. I need to talk to my GP about functional painkillers. Eventually managed the issue on the way home from yesterday's trip. I'm assuming #sacrumgate is behind the complete waste of time Elsie appears to be currently. An fbg of 6.6 is a disaster but obviously not the same as "events" 9 years ago. @Jojo85 have a wonderful Mothers Day Aus style. @dunelm thanks for the art and enjoy more time with your family. @Krystyna23040 see, your body delivered when it mattered so enjoy the walk, coffee and sausage roll if available. @alf_Josiah I'm grateful for the good news on #shedman and assistant, much obliged for the update. Assuming all goes well we plan to celebrate my parents life by fully appreciating and giving glory to God for the sights, sounds, air and general beauty of "my" village and everything they and many other relatives interred there so richly gave me.. If all goes well we will also be acquiring vegetables and meat properly reflecting and celebrating the majesty and wonder of His creation. I don't need any hugs but now would be a good time for your prayers. In God I trust but Elsie has never convinced me even though I will be eating LC and using Swipey since I don't need more problems. Stay safe and be very mindful of the needs of other people.

As requested no hugs, but feel for your loss on the 8th. Get that bone problem sorted, then and only then can you consider getting a motorcycle, perhaps a Milwaukee Tractor seeing as you live in an agricultural area.
Hand and footnote Milwaukee Tractor is motorcycle slang for a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.35am FBG 5.9
9.30am FBG 6.4, eek DP better eat something.
A surprise visit from a french neighbour this morning has left me feeling hopeful about my French as most of the conversation was in that language. I feel privileged to be asked to adopt the more intimate "tu" in conversation with this lady, who insists I address her husband in the same way.
Sounds like a big winner @SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@gennepher and @alf_Josiah big win on the French, YES!
But sadly teenager has new spots today so quarantine has been extended another five days at least. Poor lad he is so bored with staying in his room...
Also ants have appeared on the kitchen windowsill today, prompting a deep clean of the areas they liked last year.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But sadly teenager has new spots today so quarantine has been extended another five days at least. Poor lad he is so bored with staying in his room...
Also ants have appeared on the kitchen windowsill today, prompting a deep clean of the areas they liked last year.
That is a pain in the neck with those ants @SlimLizzy
Poor teenager.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/afternoon/whenever to you all from a sunny but too breezy for proper warmth day here. May 8th 2013 was warm and unforgettable since both my parents died that day. The plan today is to visit, tidy, then place flowers and plants on their grave. Easier said than done without painkillers and seat fiddling for "an issue with my sacrum" which can now make car journeys "difficult" I discovered on Friday. I need to talk to my GP about functional painkillers. Eventually managed the issue on the way home from yesterday's trip. I'm assuming #sacrumgate is behind the complete waste of time Elsie appears to be currently. An fbg of 6.6 is a disaster but obviously not the same as "events" 9 years ago. @Jojo85 have a wonderful Mothers Day Aus style. @dunelm thanks for the art and enjoy more time with your family. @Krystyna23040 see, your body delivered when it mattered so enjoy the walk, coffee and sausage roll if available. @alf_Josiah I'm grateful for the good news on #shedman and assistant, much obliged for the update. Assuming all goes well we plan to celebrate my parents life by fully appreciating and giving glory to God for the sights, sounds, air and general beauty of "my" village and everything they and many other relatives interred there so richly gave me.. If all goes well we will also be acquiring vegetables and meat properly reflecting and celebrating the majesty and wonder of His creation. I don't need any hugs but now would be a good time for your prayers. In God I trust but Elsie has never convinced me even though I will be eating LC and using Swipey since I don't need more problems. Stay safe and be very mindful of the needs of other people.
@ianpspurs sending you my prayers. Hope the day went well and that you get your sacrum issue sorted and that it didn't spoil your day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.

No, not yet, but when I moved here 20 years ago @dunelm I thought the apocalypse would arrive pretty soon, but I was hoping it would be after I had flown into the skies....

But in the event of the apocalypse arriving before that date, everything I planted in my garden 20 years ago had an eating/medicinal/herb use. I have a bookcase of the free food herb books (no internet for me then) and other books which J bought me saying the old skills would be needed one day...

I have explored and used quite a lot of the edible type plants, but not the dead nettles yet - I have yellow, white, and purple dead nettle.

The only exception I have made to not edible things are daffodils - the colour cheers me so much in Spring, and wild bluebells, and snowdrops. Or there are quite a few things (mostly edible) growing courtesy of birds and other seed carrying beasts.
Must be a wonderful garden. I have an original copy of Food For Free by Richard Mabey amongst others and always try and show my grandchildren edible plants when we are out and about (not fungi though - they are too young to start looking at those).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.35am FBG 5.9
9.30am FBG 6.4, eek DP better eat something.
A surprise visit from a french neighbour this morning has left me feeling hopeful about my French as most of the conversation was in that language. I feel privileged to be asked to adopt the more intimate "tu" in conversation with this lady, who insists I address her husband in the same way.
Wow, that is quite a big deal. Congratulations.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor kid and hope you can stop the invasion of the ants in their tracks.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from what looks to be a fine day in the dark and dangerous north
Out with the grandchildren yesterday - shops, snacks, more shops, ice cream. Little Miss Pamplemouse announced that she was looking for black clothes. Very difficult to find such things for a 7 year old girl as it turned out but we found a black t-shirt in the boy’s section in H&M - and in the sale - £4 - grandad and granddaughter very happy. Ninky Nonks headed for Mountain Warehouse and grabbed all the weird stuff on the sales table. Pink fleece covered in flamingos anyone? Planned visit to the ice cream parlour came to naught as it no longer exists, “it was right here grandad, what’s happened to it?” - Plan B - supermarket - tub of ice cream - bowls and spoons round the dining room table. Off daan saaf this morning to visit some friends - it’s OK, I learned Frenglish whilst in the Army.
Art bit, another tree. Hope everyone has a good day. @ianpspurs hugs for yesterday which I hope went well and do talk to Dr Duck about that sacrum. Very unpleasant and deserving of a scan perhaps. Must make koffy before the riotous assembly.
upload_2022-5-9_5-51-35.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Must be a wonderful garden. I have an original copy of Food For Free by Richard Mabey amongst others and always try and show my grandchildren edible plants when we are out and about (not fungi though - they are too young to start looking at those).
It is @dunelm but my neighbours just see weeds...
They have no idea it can feed me, and that there is medicinal stuff there, and much more. I love the green dye I get from nettles.
I have always eaten mushrooms from the wild. I was sent as a small child, out on my own, with a wicker basket to collect mushrooms for breakfast on the farm. There is nothing more delicious than eating uncooked freshly picked mushrooms. My Grandad had shown me what I could or couldn't eat even at the age of 5 years old.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from what looks to be a fine day in the dark and dangerous north
Out with the grandchildren yesterday - shops, snacks, more shops, ice cream. Little Miss Pamplemouse announced that she was looking for black clothes. Very difficult to find such things for a 7 year old girl as it turned out but we found a black t-shirt in the boy’s section in H&M - and in the sale - £4 - grandad and granddaughter very happy. Ninky Nonks headed for Mountain Warehouse and grabbed all the weird stuff on the sales table. Pink fleece covered in flamingos anyone? Planned visit to the ice cream parlour came to naught as it no longer exists, “it was right here grandad, what’s happened to it?” - Plan B - supermarket - tub of ice cream - bowls and spoons round the dining room table. Off daan saaf this morning to visit some friends - it’s OK, I learned Frenglish whilst in the Army.
Art bit, another tree. Hope everyone has a good day. @ianpspurs hugs for yesterday which I hope went well and do talk to Dr Duck about that sacrum. Very unpleasant and deserving of a scan perhaps. Must make koffy before the riotous assembly.
View attachment 54476
Always a Plan B or C!
Great Art bit @dunelm
This series of trees cheers me up in a morning....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Yesterday morning Shadow went up the garden path and had words with BBCat who was sitting on the shiny black garden chair (which seems to be his chosen spot). BBCat just sat there and didn't say a word, nor did he show any sign that Shadow was trying to intimidate him. Shadow did the tail flick, the arched back, the twisted turn of the head, and her words went something like, ' Now, when Mum puts out my food, you stay on that chair until I have eaten it all'. BBCat just sat impassively. I had gone up the path as well to check all was okay.

Shadow came back down the path with an attitude, and then finished her food.

BBCat stayed on that garden chair, until Shadow had eaten her food. Then he came cautiously down the path, and I had put a fresh sachet out for him which he appreciated. And we did the slow blinking thing...

Boss Cat Shadow knows this is her garden, and I am her #1 servant, and she gets first dibs at the cat diner.

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Bluebells, but the camera made them artificially purple, and I didn't like the look. So I played with the colour a bit, and I might have overworked it. I forgot to save a version a few moments earlier which I think I liked more. It is what it is. Next to the bluebells is Sweet Cicely, the white flowers, and their frondy leaves. What that red bit is in the middle I have no idea, except it may be what Laboscope did to the wild flower Stork's Bill. You have Shadow hiding at the bottom. It is very hard to see Shadow in real life, she has this knack of being hidden. Not so BBCat who sticks out a mile especially when on my garage roof...

A cuppa next, and a short nap. I am a bit tired...

Mr Magpie and Mr&Mrs B are now partaking of the wet and dry cat food...Mr Magpie, in particular, thought the scraps on the edge of the cat bowl (which was Shadow's leftovers) were absolutely delicious and he picked the bowl clean to take back to his babies...

image.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 5.5 this morning so back to more Normal for me numbers.

Am sitting in McDonald's in Norwich drinking coffee. My first aid course starts at 9am at the Red Cross Centre just down the road.

Mr K drove me in because of the roadworks made it tricky to get in. He had to drop me off early because the boiler engineer appointment is between 9am and 12 noon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Yesterday we achieved all our goals so thanks be to God and thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I learned that Tramadol is of no use whatsoever. @dunelm thanks for the art and concern. Scans - multiple since Nov/Dec - have revealed something very sinister so a bone biopsy happened 2 weeks ago,; that was fun. I have known for months. Elsie and exercise were managing well until late March - last gym visit 21st,. I'm testing my limits - 6.5 k steps or lawn mowing pre-NoMowMay are PBs just now. A combination of apprehension around scans/tests to determine any other potential problems and pain are proving too much for her just now - I can manage low 4s sometimes. Some oncologists are very pro Elsie/keto. No hugs please God gave me grandchildren for that but prayers work incredibly well . @gennepher thanks for the diner update and the kaleidoscope. Stay safe and be considerate - have a cartoon.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening. A curtailed greeting this morning, having just read @ianpspurs posting, me, me’s and myself feel for you, I don’t do politics or religion so no prayers, I shall just hope for a successful recovery.
@gennepher this morning I showed your art work today to Mrs J who thought it is really good as do I.
@Krystyna23040 McDonalds koffy used to be absolute rubbish in my humble or not so humble opinion, but now it is very different, in the motorcycle world we called Mackey D’s another name used up’t in the dark and dangerous norf McSlashes because the toilets were always very clean and a useful meeting point.
Stay safe all and always look on the bright side of life, easy to say difficult to do.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morening. A curtailed greeting this morning, having just read @ianpspurs posting, me, me’s and myself feel for you, I don’t do politics or religion so no prayers, I shall just hope for a successful recovery.
@gennepher this morning I showed your art work today to Mrs J who thought it is really good as do I.
@Krystyna23040 McDonalds koffy used to be absolute rubbish in my humble or not so humble opinion, but now it is very different, in the motorcycle world we called Mackey D’s another name used up’t in the dark and dangerous norf McSlashes because the toilets were always very clean and a useful meeting point.
Stay safe all and always look on the bright side of life, easy to say difficult to do.
Thanks Alf.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Greetings one and all. Yesterday we achieved all our goals so thanks be to God and thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I learned that Tramadol is of no use whatsoever. @dunelm thanks for the art and concern. Scans - multiple since Nov/Dec - have revealed something very sinister so a bone biopsy happened 2 weeks ago,; that was fun. I have known for months. Elsie and exercise were managing well until late March - last gym visit 21st,. I'm testing my limits - 6.5 k steps or lawn mowing pre-NoMowMay are PBs just now. A combination of apprehension around scans/tests to determine any other potential problems and pain are proving too much for her just now - I can manage low 4s sometimes. Some oncologists are very pro Elsie/keto. No hugs please God gave me grandchildren for that but prayers work incredibly well . @gennepher thanks for the diner update and the kaleidoscope. Stay safe and be considerate - have a cartoon.
Good morning@ianpspurs. Just to send empathy and prayers for your pain and concerns. I had my blood test on Wednesday. A follow up message from the GP the next day asked me to make an appointment with the practice nurse re my diabetes. As expected my HbA1c has shot up to 79, the highest it's ever been. The first appointment I could get was 16th May. It will be interesting to discover next steps. Best wishes and take care. :)
(PS: I take Amitriptyline for my lower back pain and Gabapentin for my trigeminal neuralgia and the combination seems to help. I take them both in the evening as they both can cause drowsiness.)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are welcome @ianpspurs
Take care .
I will light a candle for your recovery with my Buddha Ian.

Last edited:
Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat