Guardian 4 sensors

DTay9999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I use the guardian 3 sensor with a 670g, but Medtronic have just sent me some guardian 4s. Will they work with the transmitter and the 670g?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
From what I've read about the 780G pump, it can use Guardian 3 and Guardian 4 sensors but requires a different transmitter for the latter. I don't know about the 670 and Guardian 4 but if the new sensors can be used with the 670G, I reckon the new transmitter would be required. You should phone Medtronic to ask this, to find out for sure.

DTay9999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
From what I've read about the 780G pump, it can use Guardian 3 and Guardian 4 sensors but requires a different transmitter for the latter. I don't know about the 670 and Guardian 4 but if the new sensors can be used with the 670G, I reckon the new transmitter would be required. You should phone Medtronic to ask this, to find out for sure.
Thanks, I think I’ll have to do that :)

Vickstar36

Hi, got put on the 780G and the guardian sensor 4 which does come with it's own transmiter. Previous models use the guardian 3. I personally wouldn't want to use it if you are on a previous pump and sensor, i'd stay with it, unless you are on the heavier side as i've been left with lumps, and a rash and now can't use either my legs or my abdomen for my pump, which also leaves lumps. My previous pump i didn't have issues with. Also if sugars are unstable you won't be able to use the sensor. I've tried 4 in a week and all 4 have failed, rang Medtronic, and they advised was due to levels not being stable enough for the device.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you're having problems with the 780g pump. Please could I ask which pump you were using before, and if you were using Dexcom or Libre?