Medicine/drug shortages.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Shortages of blood pressure pills and painkillers loom for NHS as drug producers face supply chain crisis
he NHS is facing shortages of drugs relied on by hundreds of thousands of patients as companies supplying widely-used medications face “unprecedented pressure” with supply chains and red tape, a leading industry body has warned.
An investigation by i has establishe...
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/me...crisis/ar-AAX4nKx?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Shortages of blood pressure pills and painkillers loom for NHS as drug producers face supply chain crisis
he NHS is facing shortages of drugs relied on by hundreds of thousands of patients as companies supplying widely-used medications face “unprecedented pressure” with supply chains and red tape, a leading industry body has warned.
An investigation by i has establishe...
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/me...crisis/ar-AAX4nKx?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug
One of the benefits of brexit!:doctor::nurse:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
The same is happening across Europe and America.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only one item of medication I had trouble getting was Ranitidine, it was taken off the market. I have no reason to take it any more as I stopped taking anti inflammatory tablets.

I have a enough medication at home to see me right for two months, but I only have one months supply of my strong pain killers.

I like Australia.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The only one item of medication I had trouble getting was Ranitidine, it was taken off the market. I have no reason to take it any more as I stopped taking anti inflammatory tablets.

I have a enough medication at home to see me right for two months, but I only have one months supply of my strong pain killers.

I like Australia.

You wouldn't if you had a right wing government destroying the life out of it, as we do, with brexit on top!

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You wouldn't if you had a right wing government destroying the life out of it, as we do, with brexit on top!
We have had a right wing government in Australia for the the last three or four election, they're called the NLP.

Please do keep up... :D

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Right and left aren't really the causes of the coming shortages of everything.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Oh, we also have problems with the availability of medicines in pharmacies. Many medicines have disappeared from the market altogether, and people are buying vital drugs in fear, so it disappear from pharmacies in a matter of hours :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We have had a right wing government in Australia for the the last three or four election, they're called the NLP.

Please do keep up... :D
Brexit is causing unnecessary financial and border problems, which were not a problem before!
Right and left aren't really the causes of the coming shortages of everything.
You are correct, but they are on course to try as hard as they can to make life harder if you are affected by them!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh, we also have problems with the availability of medicines in pharmacies. Many medicines have disappeared from the market altogether, and people are buying vital drugs in fear, so it disappear from pharmacies in a matter of hours :(

There are big companies doing their hardest to ensure continuous deliveries of pharmaceutical products, but it is getting harder and really expensive for some necessary drugs! And panic buying does no one any good whatsoever.except the profiteers and the criminals!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
There are big companies doing their hardest to ensure continuous deliveries of pharmaceutical products, but it is getting harder and really expensive for some necessary drugs! And panic buying does no one any good whatsoever.except the profiteers and the criminals!
Not quite true.
The people who panic buy all the stuff that is coming into short supply have plenty in their cupboards and to be honest do't you owe it to your family to grab some supplies when you know there will be no supplies for weeks after today?
Is it not normal human behavior?
You could of course be like me and my wife who always plan for the worst and hope for the best and constantly stock up when there are no shortages?
Hasn't happened for a while but we have to stock up on just about everything because we live out in the hills.
Coal wood firelighters beans whiskey toilet roll because we could get snowed in and because we might not want to go into town for a couple of months. Yeah we're like that.
We have a walk in pantry that's more like a corner shop?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brexit is causing unnecessary financial and border problems, which were not a problem before!
If you are referring to the Irish republic and the six counties in the north, that's a simple matter of reunification same as what East and West Germany did.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not quite true.
The people who panic buy all the stuff that is coming into short supply have plenty in their cupboards and to be honest do't you owe it to your family to grab some supplies when you know there will be no supplies for weeks after today?
Is it not normal human behavior?
You could of course be like me and my wife who always plan for the worst and hope for the best and constantly stock up when there are no shortages?
Hasn't happened for a while but we have to stock up on just about everything because we live out in the hills.
Coal wood firelighters beans whiskey toilet roll because we could get snowed in and because we might not want to go into town for a couple of months. Yeah we're like that.
We have a walk in pantry that's more like a corner shop?

Due to retirement, and fitness concerns for the wife, I have taken the reins of shopping master!
We have gone from buying a lot of unnecessary food items, just in case, to only buying items if needed and available!
Finding a butchers who does multi packs of favourite items, is a bonus!
As our dietary requirements are slightly different and we are both very picky, it can lead to quite a few discussions, or me listening and then going for her choice!
Our chest freezer is still half full, and of course it does have portions of soup, stew, curries ready for reheating when required. But panic buying is for those with no sense!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you are referring to the Irish republic and the six counties in the north, that's a simple matter of reunification same as what East and West Germany did.

Not only Ulster and the republic but the border surrounding the rest of the U.K. Which is self inflicted! We have borders for trade, where non existed two years ago
And because of the terms of a hard brexit, it will not be at all straightforward because of the Tory dogma surrounding our politics! It will take decades to reverse this foolhardy decision and it will probably get worse before anything better for the majority of British people.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Due to retirement, and fitness concerns for the wife, I have taken the reins of shopping master!
We have gone from buying a lot of unnecessary food items, just in case, to only buying items if needed and available!
Finding a butchers who does multi packs of favourite items, is a bonus!
As our dietary requirements are slightly different and we are both very picky, it can lead to quite a few discussions, or me listening and then going for her choice!
Our chest freezer is still half full, and of course it does have portions of soup, stew, curries ready for reheating when required. But panic buying is for those with no sense!
You sound a lot like us but in reverse.
She is brilliant at shopping and catching a bargain while I usually sit in the car park listening to Tom Waits and people watching!
I don't class it as panic buying when there is no panic and no shortage.
There is no shortage of bottled gas and coal and logs right now but I consider it to be a wise financial investment to buy them at this weeks prices as opposed to next weeks prices.
I bought 47 K bottles for fifty quid a couplre of weeks back there now seventy quid.
Wise move or panic buying?
There is no shortage of cooking oil yet but there will be and the prices can be seen rising weekly soon to be daily.
I've stocked up because the future of cooking oil prices is rather obvious.
Other stuff and that includes a modest supply of toilet roll dried goods too because the future is looking dark.
No shortages as of yet so no panic buying.
When the panic buying starts it'll be mostly to late and tempers and accusations along with put downs and insults will be flying but I won't be out there panic buying.
Ill have no need to because I invested my money at the right time in our personal lives and many more people are doing the same.
If you can see the writing on the wall and believe what it's saying only a fool would pass by the opportunity to make that investment.
I probably have a hundred quids worth of diesel stashed which is buttons but it'll help.
I even have a hundred litre bottles of tap water stashed too because when the power cuts start the water and the gas will be going off.
So the picture is this... I should be sitting in front of my coal and log fire sipping whisky and reading a good book after a very nice cooked dinner.
Freezer food?
Not a good idea because the coming power cuts will get longer and longer.
Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between.”

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Not only Ulster and the republic but the border surrounding the rest of the U.K. Which is self inflicted! We have borders for trade, where non existed two years ago
And because of the terms of a hard brexit, it will not be at all straightforward because of the Tory dogma surrounding our politics! It will take decades to reverse this foolhardy decision and it will probably get worse before anything better for the majority of British people.
That's more or less exactly what that toff said what's his name......... Jacob Rees-Mog that's the man!

Jacob Rees-Mogg Says It Could Take 50 Years To Reap The Benefits Of Brexit
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jacob-rees-mogg-economy-brexit_uk_5b54e3b5e4b0de86f48e3566
He and his kind can afford to sit it out of course.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
what is worse, is they blame everyone and everything except themselves! Even it is proven!
And fifty years is a long time where anything can happen!