High DP or foot on floor

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Hi all, just wondering would someone on here have any recommendations or advice on things to try to reduce my DP or foot on the floor. I'm newly dx type2 coming up 6 months and have be making dietary changes and exercising and to most parts my bs stay in between 5.5-6.5 sometimes I'll see 4's. I've tried some cheese b4 bed or some nuts. I usually don't eat after 8 in the evening and don't eat breakfast till 09.30-10.00 am. Am i over thinking this with these morning numbers or is there something to try that may have worked for others. Thanks all

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Time seems to be the best healer for higher morning numbers.. mine took about 6 months before normalising even on a very strict keto diet with intermittent fasting.

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Time seems to be the best healer for higher morning numbers.. mine took about 6 months before normalising even on a very strict keto diet with intermittent fasting.

Totally second what @bulkbiker says. I still spike somewhat 3 months into low carb and IF but it’s less than it was and consistently in single figures now but only the past few weeks. It takes time. You’ll get there

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
The ability to store and release energy in the form of glucose is something we have evolved to do, so the chances of someone halting that process are extremely small. Anyway if you think about it the problem is not the glucose our liver releases, its our inability to deal effectively with that glucose.
I've seen it said that a small low carb snack last thing at night or a glass of wine can result in lower morning levels. All that does is to somehow trick your liver into not releasing any glucose.
it does nothing to solve the real problem of the amount of glucose you have stored or the severity of your insulin resistance. The best strategy is to concentrate on the things you do have some control over, less carbs = less insulin = improved insulin sensitivity

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Thanks for the reply folks, maybe I'm over thinking things and I should be happy with my other results to date. I'm one of those people who likes to see results immediately and i beat myself up if I don't, as I read somewhere on the forum (marathon not a sprint) i think thats how it said. I might reduce carbs a little as I'm not on a low low carb intake (60g)average most days but could be a little higher or lower and see how it goes.

Reactions: NicoleC1971

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I might reduce carbs a little as I'm not on a low low carb intake (60g)average most days but could be a little higher or lower and see how it goes.

Lower certainly won't do you any harm and you may see benefits..

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the reply folks, maybe I'm over thinking things and I should be happy with my other results to date. I'm one of those people who likes to see results immediately and i beat myself up if I don't, as I read somewhere on the forum (marathon not a sprint) i think thats how it said. I might reduce carbs a little as I'm not on a low low carb intake (60g)average most days but could be a little higher or lower and see how it goes.
go lower but don't go hungry ! Eat more meat, fish , eggs or cheese if you are ready but always with the end in mind i.e. this is how you are going to eat for the rest of your life.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
go lower but don't go hungry ! Eat more meat, fish , eggs or cheese if you are ready but always with the end in mind i.e. this is how you are going to eat for the rest of your life.
That's another thing that worries me apart the higher than I'd like fbs is the committing to this way of eating for ever. I'm filling myself with all the foods you mentioned to point where I'm stuffed but still finding myself ravenous after a couple of hours wanting more.

Lobsang Tsultim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m having the opposite problem, I’m struggling to eat more than 700 kcal a day after cutting out the carbs… though with all the extra weight I’m carrying, I won’t starve anytime soon. I’m not seeing any real spikes but my levels are consistently sevens and eights. Early days I guess.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's another thing that worries me apart the higher than I'd like fbs is the committing to this way of eating for ever. I'm filling myself with all the foods you mentioned to point where I'm stuffed but still finding myself ravenous after a couple of hours wanting more.
I think you are changing your fuel source and your body needs time to adapt to fuelli n from slow burning fat supplies if it has previously been used to rocket fuel! If you are eating all those foods and have body fat to burn, feeling ravenous may be a sign of being somewhat car addicted either physiologically or mentally.
Saying that because my overweight husband says the same and i do think it is 'pudding compartment' syndrome in his case!