semaglutide

jan681

hi im not sure if this fits here but ive changed doctors back in feb and the new diabtic nurse as recommend idve to use semagultmide as my blood sugers are high no idea how im type 2 and already on anotber medication this is an injection once a week as nayone else had it do you know how long i will be on it for and any side effects then those mentioned thank you

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Semaglutide is the name of this new injectable drug. Ozempic is the size of the dose. Originally here in the USA you could get Ozempic up to 1.0 mg /week. The FDA has allowed the size of the dose to now be 2.0 mg / week. There is another two variants of this drug. Wegovy is the same drug but usually for folks who have a BMI of 30+ .. It is a larger dose up to 2.4 mg / week Unfortunately in the US we've folks who have BMIs in the 40's who need great help.The third drug is called Rybelsus its a tablet form of the drug.

If you google reddit + Ozempic ( or Semaglutide) you can find active forums with lots of info. Alas the UK is late to the GLP-1 Agnonists party. I'm on the drug 16 weeks now and I'm doing 0.5 mg / week and I'm down 17lbs, or so & I've a ways to go... You can be on this drug for a long time yet the upside is that this drug will genuinely directly combat T2DM / obesity. The sooner you lose your visceral fat around your liver and pancreas the sooner you'll be healthy..

Good luck