searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
During my visit with my DSN today she handed me the new Humapen Savvio.

Looks better than the old Luxura, and is available in about 6 colours.

But so far it feels cheaper, and im not so sure about the plunger, doesnt seem to always return to zero first time

See:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ygOwaPie9MM[/youtube]

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Re: Humapen Savvio

Cant find a pic of this pen online so can you describe it. It claims to look like an accessory ?what does that mean ,also does it do half units and what about memory is that a feature :?:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

borderter said:
Cant find a pic of this pen online so can you describe it. It claims to look like an accessory ?what does that mean ,also does it do half units and what about memory is that a feature :?:

To be honest its just more rounded, the only accessory it reminds me of is for women and needs batteries

There is some pictures here: http://www.mydiabetesdigital.com/en/new ... nsulin-pen

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry

rofl searly
and half units?
Looks like a tampon holder :lol:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

borderter said:
rofl searly
and half units?
Looks like a tampon holder :lol:

No full units only, it is slimmer and about an inch shorter than the luxura and a fair bit lighter.. Just compared it to the novopen4 and it about the same size except its more rounded on the cap

Im comming round to like it a little :)

Im wondering if this is just a marketing ploy to sell more insulin? By offering pens in more colours like pink..?

I certainly would like a red one for the novalog i go onto later this week, and have the graphite one for the humulin i

This has only been on the market a few weeks, they may also follow up with a half unit pen?

Swebster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
During my visit with my DSN today she handed me the new Humapen Savvio.

Looks better than the old Luxura, and is available in about 6 colours.

But so far it feels cheaper, and im not so sure about the plunger, doesnt seem to always return to zero first time

See:

[youtube]

Ive been using the savvio for about six weeks but I'm not convinced I'm getting the dose I dial in. The plunger feels loose and frequently on the scale the needle doesn't return to zero after ive depressed the plunger.

thatchman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the video, I watched it and I agree with the criticisms. I only lasted two weeks before my savvio started sticking when depressing the plunger button. I need another syringe pen and I am stumped. The savvvio I used almost never returned to zero on the dial and usually returned to only 1, 2 or 3 so sometimes I had to reload to get the final dose which was very iffy given the uncertainty of the original dose. The delivery action was not smooth and I had to press much harder than when using the luxura which I cannot get any longer. I believe the humapen savvio has some serious design flaws. I think the central spindle is not robust enough and is prone to sticking. Maybe I can lubricate the spindle? Has anyone tried that?

deniski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
To kickstart this thread, I have been using Humapen Luxura for many years and it has been a solid, well made and reliable item.
My diabetic consultant gave me a new Savvio injector pen and ........it’s plastic, the press system does not click as the units are injected so in the dark it’s impossible to know if all the units are injected and, most seriously, there are many occasions where it does not go to zero; a unit remains unused.
I don’t take much insulin for a 58 year diabetic as I do a lot of sport and eat very well so 1 unit can mean a lot.
Why did they not design it so there is a click once the injected dose is done ?
I’m going back to my old Luxura pens, I trust them !

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi,
Has anyone else had issues with the Lilly Humapen Savvio pens?
I've been using them for about 18 months as the Luxura HD is no longer available.
I'm now on my 3rd savvio, I had a series of highs that usually coincided with me taking 1,2 or 3 units. When measured out against the same number of units from another pen it was obvious there was little consistency.
The first time this happened I was away on holiday, learnt my lesson and now take a new spare if away.
After the second time this happened I spoke to GP and I now have a couple of brand new spares.
Would be interested to know if others have found these pens to fail.
Cheers