Weekly weigh in - Fridays

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone again. Just wondering how my bloods doing, been 6 months since last A1c and cholestrol test. I use boots weighing scale once a month to check body fat and BMI and they fine. Got a 34 inch waist now so i am ticking all the healthy boxes. Must stay on the wagon and not do anything silly :angelic:

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
I’m still 9st 7lbs, 60kgs

I’m pleased with that as I don’t want to lose any more weight just tone up so I might gain a little and I can live with that.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed in at 98kgs yesterday evening. A bit higher than I'd like but understandable considering. A stressful time and down like a yo-yo.
Like a mild illness, it won't last forever.

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time posting, here goes…

I started low carb/IF in March this year at 90.8kg having lost 10kg prior to that over the year.

Today I weighed in at 81.4kg

I’m 2kg off having a BMI of 29

Happy Friday all x

Reactions: EllieM and Nicki70

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Back at 77.6kg after a (hopefully brief) trip into the 78s.

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
9st 6lbs so still roughly 60kgs

building muscle now as I’ve a lot of saggy bits ;)

Reactions: Dandelade

Dandelade

Wonders never cease I’ve actually lost a pound after months of nothing!

No idea what’s caused it though. Did some gardening last weekend maybe. But it made me exhausted for three days - probably levothyroxine not enough to cope with additional exercise. The other thing I did was when I got brain fog/ slurry before parents evening had sugar. It sorted me out, sent blood sugar soaring but then lost weight. So no idea what that was all about. It feels like my basal insulin response is **** but when I eat sugar can release enough insulin to have energy? Maybe. I dunno. Maybe my body is responding with lots and lots because I’m resistant when I can do it works then. Gahhh, no idea what to do next really.

Well done to everybody still losing and big hugs to those who aren’t well.

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been the same for a month now, lots to lose but apparently my body’s in no hurry — it’s taken me a year to shift a stone. Just did the Diet Doctor 2 week kick start, to no avail. Today am starting to reduce a medication that might be causing me to cling onto weight so fingers crossed.

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
81.7 this morning- had to correct a few hypos this week but gain of 0.3kg is not too bad considering. Have a good week all!

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.5 stone today. Trying to put some weight back on as i do not look good at 12 stone or under. Trying 50grams of carbs a day and not mess with my bloods. Got another A1c to do soon so will see how that and my cholesterol is doing as well :)

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I knew I'd been putting on weight lately, but I got weighed at the doctors today and it was a bit worse than I'd hoped: 97.6 kg/ 15 stone. That's quite bad for me, and I know my cholesterol/ blood-pressure readings will be poor alongside. Long term, I need to get down to 12-13 stone. Short term, I need to lose some weight quickly for my next cardiologist appointment. I'm going to read through the posts here and try to get some ideas and encouragement- good luck everyone!

Dandelade

No change this week, 12.7 with a target of 11.10. But keeping perspective I’ve lost 15% of body weight and out of nowhere the loss has started again…

Reactions: EllieM