What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.9! Very happy with that, ‘cos this is the second morning in the 6s. My FA Cup floweth over - yeah, that was a bit naff :rolleyes:….

FA CUP Final PLUS Euro Vision…. Don’t think I can sustain all the drama and intrigue,
Jürgen Klopp will be going like the, er… kloppers…. Plus, the possibility of UK dragging itself off of the Zero-Point position. And, and, and we’re going to SAINSBURYS! The world’s gawn mad.

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 this morning
Am accepting it- I have been so stressed and anxious this past week and it has been normalising to 5-6 by lunchtime so I’m not adding this to my list of things to worry about

PS Thanks for all your kind words about my darling kitty Jasper. He’s still being sick but less so, and found out this is actually a known side effect of his new thyroid meds (vet denied this initially) and that it should pass in a few weeks.

Both me and my cat have janky endocrine systems it would seem!

Have a lovely day all x

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Disappointed with a 7.5 today. Congrats @Estragon and @RosemaryJackson for maintaining sticky sixes and @iwilltouchyourcat glad to hear Jasper is coming on well and he just needs to get used to his new meds.
Happy Saturday everyone. PS @Estragon I love Eurovision but can no longer stay awake to see it through so might set the clock to wake up for the voting!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Covid Boosters, recovering cats and people who actually like Eurovision, either team in the Cup final or Sainsburys. What a glorious mix we are. Fbg unknown here. Whatever your own fbg and however frustrating the management theroef this young man says Hi. @Estragon I can't decide if Kilpperty or Tuchel grind my gears most but Lord Coe buys my boys hot choccy so Blue is the colour today and surely Ukraine is nailed on for Eurovision. Go Team D.

Last edited:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.8 - Seesh… Went to bed on an 8.8, of course I know why, doesn’t take an Einstein to figure this one out. Me and My Kryptonite, totally predictable.

If SE England brightens up, Sunday BBQ today - yum. Oh yeah, I got myself a Drill Bit Sharpener attachment for my Drill, and rejuvenated maybe thirty worn out, dull, masonry, HSS and a range of wood working wide flat drill bits.

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7- less stressed and jasper less pukey- praying he’s over the worst now.
I got my free trial Libre two yesterday and I am OBSESSED! My sore fingers are having a break from repeated finger pricks and I can see in more real time where the peaks and troughs are.

Have a great Sunday everyone x