IBS, Dairy and wheat intolerant Type 2 Diabetic with Clinical Depression.

FIGARO5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am the end of my rope trying to eat. The more stressed I get my sugar goes up . Is there anyone out there who suffers like me and can help. GP doesn't seem bothered. My last Hba1c in December was 78. I have another on Wednesday

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It will be too late to make any alteration in your next Hba1c - but as a type 2 you would be well advised to stay clear of anything with wheat in it anyway.
Do you eat low carb to avoid spikes after meals?
What sort of thing do you/can you eat?

FIGARO5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I try to eat low-carb but I get so hungry, especially in the night. Currently I eat gluten free porridge with its milk for breakfast. A sandwich with eggs, tuna, salmon and ham off the bond for lunch. Dinner is usually chicken, fish etc with sweet potatoes, which I really don't like. My IBS prevents me from eating most veg except carrots, parsnips and tomatoes tomatoes.

Reactions: Grannypat

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah - the porridge - possibly the bread, and sweet potato are all high carb choices and likely to trigger hunger.
More protein and fats could help stave off the pangs - a bowl of boiled eggs in the fridge - or a pack of cooked chicken thighs could help as snacks, or just eat more at meal times.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I try to eat low-carb but I get so hungry, especially in the night. Currently I eat gluten free porridge with its milk for breakfast. A sandwich with eggs, tuna, salmon and ham off the bond for lunch. Dinner is usually chicken, fish etc with sweet potatoes, which I really don't like. My IBS prevents me from eating most veg except carrots, parsnips and tomatoes tomatoes.

You sound like a prime candidate for carnivore.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am the end of my rope trying to eat. The more stressed I get my sugar goes up . Is there anyone out there who suffers like me and can help. GP doesn't seem bothered. My last Hba1c in December was 78. I have another on Wednesday
Welcome to the club!
I have been lactose since birth, wheat since don't know when and carb intolerant at least before diagnosis!
I have been in depression for nearly two years, though I am improving, anxiety and the list below as well!

What can I say to make you believe that since nearly ten years ago, I have been very low carbing, intermittent fasting and getting used to being a carnivore with a bit of fresh salad and fruit, but there is more than, I would recommend dietdoctor.com. For a bit of really good dietary advice or our own low carb forum, great ideas and recipes.

It is a question of knowledge, knowing what to eat or what to not eat!
From the list, porridge, spuds, bread,rice, pasta, so be careful. Even some more as you get into properly.

You are hungry during the night as you are still craving carbs, and the more you give in, the more your body wants!

Keep asking.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’d suggest ruminant meats, especially fattier cuts would help with the hunger. No need for veg if you don’t like it.