Low carb and vegetarian

Pambo123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well started this new way of eating last Monday after hb1ac result was 62% from 64 previously and before that 60. Was on victoza for about 10 months but after initially losing 10lbs which I regained I told my doctor I didn't think it was right for me. So back on anagliptin as well as continuing with networking and invocana. So started low carb a week ago using quorn instead of meat also eggs cheese and nuts for protein. So far lost 6lbs(I know its mostly water but it's a loss) but more importantly my blood sugars are so much better. Instead of being in the teens before bed and around 7 in the morning they are now around 8.5 before bed and about 6 in the morning. I am type 2 and I bought my own blood tester which is a accu check mobile. So quite pleased with myself today hope I can keep going. It is worth it. Oh and I haven't felt hungry once.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
how are you doing?

Pambo123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Blood sugars under better control and stable between 6 and 8/9. I lost 7lbs in first 2 weeks but none this week. Going to keep going though but it's not easy. Thanks for asking
Pam

Reactions: TriciaWs

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was so pleased when I read the packaging and discovered Quorn was low carb. The blokeshape has been vegetarian for over 40 years, it would have been really hard for him had I gone back to eating meat.

It is so much easier to be vegetarian than it was when I first went veggie back in the early 1980s.

Well done on your results!

Manda Foodie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was so pleased when I read the packaging and discovered Quorn was low carb. The blokeshape has been vegetarian for over 40 years, it would have been really hard for him had I gone back to eating meat.

It is so much easier to be vegetarian than it was when I first went veggie back in the early 1980s.

Well done on your results!
I have also been veggie since the early 1980s - wow is it much easier now! Swindon had 1 shop that sold 'health foods' back then; how times have changed.

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m vegan after being veggie for years and quorn ham slices are my saviour for low carb protein. I also use the meatless farms burgers and sausages and ‘this isn’t’ bacon and meatballs once or twice a week, but try and stick to whole foods as much as I can (but I’m a sucker for a burger!)

Reactions: Enclave