What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, you need
Eggs
Tomatoes
Onion
Spices
Olive oil

I make it like this.

Preheat olive oil

Then put one onion until it turn brown
Put Tomatoes with specie and salt and (if you like Tomato sauce).

Let them cooked for a while

Then put the egg.

If you didn't want tomato sauce, would you put anything else in with the onions? I like tomato so I've added some tomato puree and some cumin to my lamb stew and have just added my eggs - should be ready in a minute or so. It's going to be a great breakfast.

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you didn't want tomato sauce, would you put anything else in with the onions? I like tomato so I've added some tomato puree and some cumin to my lamb stew and have just added my eggs - should be ready in a minute or so. It's going to be a great breakfast.

Sorry meant tomato puree.

Yes you are right cumin.

I put cumin, little black pepper and Coriander

Reactions: Annb and Antje77

RosemaryJackson

Hello. Well, haven't been very good today so probably interrupted my sticky sixes run. I've had a real picky day. A bit of this , a lot of that and not enough of the other. (Shall I re-phrase that bit?) lol. I've had too much Montezuma black forest choc. I did the sausagemeat in breadcrumbs (naughty but nice). At the butcher's I gave in to a sausage roll. Now I feel as guilty as sin. But tomorrow is another day.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: LC pork pie, coleslaw and two baby tomatoes followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Second day of stew from the freezer with freshly made cauliflower purée. Yum!

Also discovered Dutch Lidl has Spanish pork scratchings, very dangerously moreish, ate way too much of them last night and will likely do again so tonight... :bag:

281359386_10225536690838478_8335980675692237799_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, three egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Toasted miscellaneous leftovers sandwich from in the fridge, lemon cordial osmolax mix for smoko.
Chicken legs, mixed veggies, gravy for lunch.
Small container of pea an ham soup, couple of slices toast for supper at six.

Had several pieces of naked ginger, and a bit of chocolate ginger watching Prime.

I run out of my single malt whisky last night, so a trip to Dan's this morning to buy a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year old single malt..

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3 small eggs scrambled
Then a very bitty day while preparing for family event, so a bit of cake, some nuts, tastes of dips, a chicken drumstick etc
D : much later than usual as planned to eat after the football... beef chilli with guacamole, soured cream, salsa etc. Tried wrapping it in lettuce leaves but that was a big messy fail so put it in a bowl instead. The non diabetics had tacos or wraps.
Red wine.

RosemaryJackson

Also discovered Dutch Lidl has Spanish pork scratchings, very dangerously moreish, ate way too much of them last night and will likely do again so tonight... :bag:

@Antje77 , are they very salty? I love the crunchiness but don't like a lot of salt.

(edited to fix the quote box)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Antje77

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Brekkie yesterday was slice toast, thick butter and lots of tea.
Lunch was scrambled eggs followed by a ramekin of strawberries and raspberries.
Supper was Chicken Shashlik from Waitrose with cauli rice and onion bhajee.
Today lunch might be a bit of crustless quiche with spoon coleslaw. Supper will be bbqd chicken and a meaty sausage and griddled asparagus.
When shopping yesterday discovered Higgidy (who does the best bought quiche imo) are now doing packs of 8 mini frittatas in two flavours, spinach or tomato, and they are 4g or 3.8g each.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Having visitors for midday meal so we are having; jacket potatoes (not for me), green salad, hm Scotch Eggs, Pork Ribs, Chicken strips in breadcrumbs and fried, Cole Slaw and Ham. I asked them all what they would like and that covers them all. I don't often get visitors so am making the most of it! Evening meal will probably be eating leftovers. Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Toasted miscellaneous leftovers sandwich from in the fridge, lemon cordial osmolax mix for smoko.

Had several pieces of naked ginger, and a bit of chocolate ginger watching Prime.

I run out of my single malt whisky last night, so a trip to Dan's this morning to buy a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year old single malt..
Sorry you have had tummy bleeding this week and hope you are better. You always show such a common sense attitude to your condition and I am glad you continue to enjoy your single malt!

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 , are they very salty? I love the crunchiness but don't like a lot of salt.
Yes, very salty!
I'm afraid you'll have to make your own if you like them less salty, although there might be a lower salt variety available in the UK. Pork scratchings are much more common in your country than in mine.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Em stayed over last night, so today has been a bit topsy-turvey. Neil got around to replacing the radiator in the shower room with Em to help him uncouple the original radiator from under the floor and put the new one in, then he got her to help him put some anti-corrosive liquid in the boiler. She tried an experiment with some frozen banana smoothie that we made yesterday evening - she wanted to coat it in chocolate - not a success, but she had fun trying. All in all, I got nothing done all morning but actually managed to make a quick pea soup (using frozen peas), which I am about to have for my breakfast (?) and I have put some chicken thighs in the oven with some garlic and lemon juice for later on in the day.

Took my insulin half an hour ago and the timer has just gone off to tell me to have my soup. BG already on its way down at 4.9.

Edited typo.

Last edited:

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Love the whiskey choice. Enjoy.

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ended up with 10 adults and 9 children here to celebrate 8 May birthdays.
So in no particular order and no set meal times I think I ate
Several marmite bread sticks
A quarter of a marmite sandwich
A chicken drumstick or 2
Some cocktail sausages
Some cold salmon
Some ham
Peppers
Olives
Pickled veg
2 pieces homemade, most definitely NOT low carb choclate cake
1 piece homemade, most definitely NOT low carb strawberry cream sponge cake
1 lc mousse
Some strawberries

I have, so far, avoided any alcohol and trying now to fast until tomorrow, but all the leftovers are calling to me...

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Hey how do you make your cauliflower puree? - it looks yum! :hungry:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread with roasted cheese on top. Mug of earl grey tea to set me up for the day

Dinner (out) - steak with peppercorn sauce on top with large salad which included cheese & coleslaw. 1 dgf notella cookie when home with a cuppa.

I am just back in from my walk - sun was late in coming out today not that long ago - but has stayed mostly dry today :)