Fast800 and LADA

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i have put on more than 4 stone since my diagnosis was changed from type 2 to LADA and i started on insulin. Has anyone tried the FAST 800 on type 1/LADA? I did the ‘Newcastle diet’ when i was first diagnosed as type 1 and I did lose weight and improve myHbA1C

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi i have put on more than 4 stone since my diagnosis was changed from type 2 to LADA and i started on insulin. Has anyone tried the FAST 800 on type 1/LADA? I did the ‘Newcastle diet’ when i was first diagnosed as type 1 and I did lose weight and improve myHbA1C

Hi, I am doing the fast 800 and am type 2 but waiting for results of antibody test as they think I might be LADA.

It’s tough initially and I have kind of tweaked it in that I am normally around 900 cals or so - I found I was getting hypos on 800- but I have extra complication of being coeliac and vegan. I stick to dr moseley’s rule from the fast 800 keto book which is eat less than 50g carbs and more than 50g protein per day. It has really helped me and after an initial period of the scales not moving it suddenly kicked in and in total since March I’ve lost around 8kg - I started low carb 12 weeks ago and started fast 800 ish about a fortnight ago.

I get fats from nuts, avocados, olive oil on roasted veggies, and make sure I get lots of protein-this should be easier for you if you’re not veggie/vegan. Having enough fats fills me up and I don’t crave carbs like I did and I fill up on green veg so I don’t really feel to hungry. I’m also doing intermittent fasting so only have lunch and dinner.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am doing the fast 800 and am type 2 but waiting for results of antibody test as they think I might be LADA.

It’s tough initially and I have kind of tweaked it in that I am normally around 900 cals or so - I found I was getting hypos on 800- but I have extra complication of being coeliac and vegan. I stick to dr moseley’s rule from the fast 800 keto book which is eat less than 50g carbs and more than 50g protein per day. It has really helped me and after an initial period of the scales not moving it suddenly kicked in and in total since March I’ve lost around 8kg - I started low carb 12 weeks ago and started fast 800 ish about a fortnight ago.

I get fats from nuts, avocados, olive oil on roasted veggies, and make sure I get lots of protein-this should be easier for you if you’re not veggie/vegan. Having enough fats fills me up and I don’t crave carbs like I did and I fill up on green veg so I don’t really feel to hungry. I’m also doing intermittent fasting so only have lunch and dinner.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Hi

Thank you for the response, it’s good you are getting tested, it took me having DKA and admission to hospital before I convinced them that I was not type 1 (Also that I lost weight to a BMI of 18). I hate that I think about food all of the time now... prep for work, making sure I take a break (a nurse so this is hit and miss), it’s more obsessive than the years of dieting I have done! I was just thinking shakes takes the thinking out of it for a bit while i try to get my weight back into a heathy BMI as I am now at the other extreme! Might also help with not having so much in the house for temptation and reduce my appetite a bit! BW

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Thank you for the response, it’s good you are getting tested, it took me having DKA and admission to hospital before I convinced them that I was not type 1 (Also that I lost weight to a BMI of 18). I hate that I think about food all of the time now... prep for work, making sure I take a break (a nurse so this is hit and miss), it’s more obsessive than the years of dieting I have done! I was just thinking shakes takes the thinking out of it for a bit while i try to get my weight back into a heathy BMI as I am now at the other extreme! Might also help with not having so much in the house for temptation and reduce my appetite a bit! BW

A fellow nhs worker! I was a mental health nurse now I’ve retrained as an nhs therapist! I get the prep but it’s a pain. I use shakes too a lot of days when I’m at work. I use the ‘purition’ ones as they are 4g carbs per serving and mainly natural ingredients: I have it with 300ml almond milk. I like ‘real’ food tho so I enjoy my evening meal. Funnily enough it was an admission with dka for me too that started my tests although I’m not sure as my c pep showed I am producing a good amount of insulin but still waiting on gad antibodies…
Good luck with it al

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A fellow nhs worker! I was a mental health nurse now I’ve retrained as an nhs therapist! I get the prep but it’s a pain. I use shakes too a lot of days when I’m at work. I use the ‘purition’ ones as they are 4g carbs per serving and mainly natural ingredients: I have it with 300ml almond milk. I like ‘real’ food tho so I enjoy my evening meal. Funnily enough it was an admission with dka for me too that started my tests although I’m not sure as my c pep showed I am producing a good amount of insulin but still waiting on gad antibodies…
Good luck with it al
Lol also a mental health nurse!!! 31 years clocked up. I’ve just ordered some of the shakes and bars to try, thank you for the recommendation! BW K