Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
with blood leaking into eyes can it be removed or is it there permently

Dark Horse

Whereabouts in the eyes? From what cause?

If you are talking about bleeds into the vitreous from proliferative diabetic retinopathy, small bleeds can dissipate by themselves but larger bleeds may require surgery, particularly if there are repeated bleeds. The underlying proliferative retinopathy needs treatment.

If you are talking about the small bleeds in the retina that occur due to background retinopathy or non-proliferative retinopathy, the blood just breaks up and is absorbed, as happens with small bruises.

Reactions: hognose

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
in 2016 i was diagnosed with diabetic maculopathy combined with non prolifertive they were leaking so they kept an eye on them for awhile,then lazzered them,
then jan had another lazzer done but this time my eye wasnt numb enough so felt pain everytime the fired the lazer told them it was hurting ,they said just a little discomfort and carry on ,got bit futher i pulled away and said thats xxxxxxx hurting the tech came over to put more numbing gel in .but the tube had ran out, she she got a new one.
few days later i had loads of swerling floaters and couldnt see next day all the floaters seem to have joined up,soo next appoitment was 4weeks later he couldnt do anythink as he could see as itwas full of blood said come back in 4weeks to see if its clear up,
6 week later he said said same again , wife said you said that last time and he said he when come back if not i will refer you up stairs to the surgeon so we agreed ok then
so now wait for the surgeon which 8 week wait
i still cant see out of it only light and dark

Dark Horse

You might need a vitrectomy which removes the vitreous and the blood. Unfortunately, seeing whether the blood goes on its own and then having an op all takes time which must be very frustrating for you whilst you can't see very well.

Here is some general information about vitrectomy:- https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/patient-guide/leaflets/files/100322vitrectomy.pdf If you do have a vitrectomy, your surgeon should give you information that is specific for you.

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
very frustrating gets in the way, it would be easyer to get it out or cover it up and get on with life,
ill have a look at the links thank you

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
roll on 27th if june ,there no granttee s , at the mo i see nothing but light and dark, oh and blood dribbles across the eye which is a daily.
guess this is what its like to be blind

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
update consultant check the eye but cant see the retna due to the bllood and said needs vitrectomy in next 8 weeks, oh and injection in the eye before surgery

Last edited: