What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.2 this morning a whole 0.1 down on yesterday now if I could do that every day for about a month I'd be back in the dim and distant 5's :happy:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. :) Trying to go low cal at the moment as I have put on weight over the Winter, not sure if that is having a good impact on bloods. Now if I could just give up those nuts,,,,,,
Nuts and cheese and cream. My low carb nemesis! I have to choose between BG and figure these days. No wrinkles to speak of as face is chubbed out on the nuts, cheese and cream. Ok, have given up the cream some three weeks ago. If only I could reduce the nuts and cheese. One step at a time… Oh and with a run of 5s at 5.7 today, I don’t want to chance making any changes, arm.
Keep on keeping on folks. All we can do, really.:)

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 7.5 today and like @DEBBIESCOTT I don’t know why as was careful with food yesterday. New week, new challenges! Have a good Monday all.
@iwilltouchyourcat sorry poor Jasper still poorly and hope it gets better soon.

Thanks. He’s better than he was but gets waves of sickness as a side effect of his thyroid meds and it’s usually in the dead of night!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 6.1
Reader 5.4
Contour 5.2
High blood sugar for hours yesterday, back in the 5’s by lunchtime, can only think the diet tonic with pub lunch wasn’t diet
Libre still estimating a1c at 42 (128 this time last year)
Peleton after work today
Have a good day everyone it’s going to be hot

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
I had an evening hypo and had strawberry bootlaces which are sugar free but 7 carbs to pop me back up but they kept me on the high side this morning.

Have a good day al

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Everything was a rush this morning so didn’t test, but just checked and the results of my HBA1c is in, after halving my metformin in January it has remained at 38, so expecting a phone call from the nurse over the next day or two and coming off metformin.

I hope that gives some encouragement to some of the regulars on this page, particularly those who are fairly recently diagnosed, keep following the advice from the more experienced members, it works !
:woot::woot::woot: Top work @BrianDoc absolutely delighted for you and you have just made a huge hole in the "glass ceiling" for all those people despairing of winning the fight against The D Monster. You just caught a whopper.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nuts and cheese and cream. My low carb nemesis! I have to choose between BG and figure these days. No wrinkles to speak of as face is chubbed out on the nuts, cheese and cream. Ok, have given up the cream some three weeks ago. If only I could reduce the nuts and cheese. One step at a time… Oh and with a run of 5s at 5.7 today, I don’t want to chance making any changes, arm.
Keep on keeping on folks. All we can do, really.:)
Sounds about right Pipp nuts, cheese and cream definitely my nemesis too. As you say one step at a time.:)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Everything was a rush this morning so didn’t test, but just checked and the results of my HBA1c is in, after halving my metformin in January it has remained at 38, so expecting a phone call from the nurse over the next day or two and coming off metformin.

I hope that gives some encouragement to some of the regulars on this page, particularly those who are fairly recently diagnosed, keep following the advice from the more experienced members, it works !

Really well done - pleased for you.