What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Everything was a rush this morning so didn’t test, but just checked and the results of my HBA1c is in, after halving my metformin in January it has remained at 38, so expecting a phone call from the nurse over the next day or two and coming off metformin.

I hope that gives some encouragement to some of the regulars on this page, particularly those who are fairly recently diagnosed, keep following the advice from the more experienced members, it works !

That’s fantastic news! Very encouraging indeed.

6.1 for me this morning
Have a good day all

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Said somewhere else I've been having trouble with my memory, forgot my testing kit so no updates for a while.

Congrats @BrianDoc

This morning was a late test after some running around as I found my kit where I had left it at work. High at 7.2 but I had a very cheating meal last night as someone brought me a surprise Chinese takeaway to try and cheer me up and *every* single thing, even the soup, tasted sweet to me so I imagine they added sugar to everything.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.5 after disturbed night of tummy pain. @BrianDoc hearty congrats and well done. @RoughcutAU well done on the 5 @LeftPeg keep going it should get better. We are all triers here and its often an up and down scenario. @ianpspurs good to see you always and we’ll say nothing about the shreiks of 4th place!! It wasn’t pretty. Have a good Wednesday All.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.5 after disturbed night of tummy pain. @BrianDoc hearty congrats and well done. @RoughcutAU well done on the 5 @LeftPeg keep going it should get better. We are all triers here and its often an up and down scenario. @ianpspurs good to see you always and we’ll say nothing about the shreiks of 4th place!! It wasn’t pretty. Have a good Wednesday All.
Hug for the tummy pain. Thank you for the tag. I couldn't in all honesty say I'm even remotely sorry about 4th place collapse (IF Spurs aren't Spursey on Sunday). Fbg known unknown here. Play nice, share you toys but have fun Team D

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 6.1
Reader 5.4
Contour 5.2
High blood sugar for hours yesterday, back in the 5’s by lunchtime, can only think the diet tonic with pub lunch wasn’t diet
Libre still estimating a1c at 42 (128 this time last year)
Peleton after work today
Have a good day everyone it’s going to be hot
Hi DEBBIESCOTT, do you mind me asking why you use up to 3 different means of testing your BG .

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi DEBBIESCOTT, do you mind me asking why you use up to 3 different means of testing your BG .
Only do it first thing, then mainly trust the libre
When your gp says it’s killing you & other people would be flat on their back with your blood sugar it does make you paranoid

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only do it first thing, then mainly trust the libre
When your gp says it’s killing you & other people would be flat on their back with your blood sugar it does make you paranoid
Thank you I was just curious as to why you have so many testing devices . Your amazing physical work out regime must be doing your levels a lot of good . All power to you :)