Exercise and what to eat before

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
Advice on what to eat before exercising I generally have my tea (it's tea in North east) and go for a 2 or 3 mile walk check my blood it's fine but it's always low before bed so I end up eating as I was told not to go to sleep with readings under 7 mine are in 5s or 4s

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We are all different, we do different exercise and our bodies react differently.
If your levels remain stable during your walk, you have no need to eat beforehand.
If your levels fall afterward, why not eat something when you get back? If you eat before your walk, your levels may go too high.

Reactions: Smiler99

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
I'd take something with me. Like some sweets/biscuits around 5g carbs each. Eat at intervals like every mile. Or go for the walk before tea. Your BG will carry on go down after stopping too. Normally I've taken my insulin 15 mins before eating. But because of the heat of summer so far. I've been taking before my 1st bite. Them 1st 2 hours for me is when mine has it's biggest impact.

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I'd take something with me. Like some sweets/biscuits around 5g carbs each. Eat at intervals like every mile. Or go for the walk before tea. Your BG will carry on go down after stopping too. Normally I've taken my insulin 15 mins before eating. But because of the heat of summer so far. I've been taking before my 1st bite. Them 1st 2 hours for me is when mine has it's biggest impact.
Yes 15 minutes works for me also I haven't experienced the heat yet as its just started her in North east
I will take biscuits with me and experiment and see

Reactions: Ipodlistener