Why?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
According to every moral law, doctors do no harm!
Religion preaches peace!
Parents guide and love!
Teachers teach!
Advisors help us understand!
Psychology teaches ethics!
Lawmakers create our rights!
Judges, police, ethics committees and judiciary maintain the law!
Government in all aspects of our lives are elected to govern!
Governments are there to provide security and improve living standards!
The people of this country need two basics, food and heat.
Nearly ten million of our fellow citizens, have today, not eaten the required sustenance,
Gone without heating, gone without using electricity and gas!
Gone without the money they have earned!
They are suffering from the threat of fuel and food poverty!
The ten million need real help, and so do another twenty million of our citizens to stave off inflation and price increases in every sector of our economy.
Everything in our markets has risen sharply, and we cannot afford it!
Whatever the government has offered for help in this crisis, is not enough!
Whatever the government response from now now on, is too late and not enough!
Whatever happens, it will not be enough and too late!
I worked all my life, to get out of poverty, I did it!
I am now retired!
I am struggling with my bil!s, I am cutting back, switching my electricity appliances off, not cooking! Not spending money, getting rid of my luxuries, selling what I can. Being frugal!
Why?
My government pension isn't enough to pay for my housing and gas, electricity and water including council taxes!
Not enough for a modicum of modern life, internet, phone, television, food, drink, clothes, car, holidays, all of which is not happening this year or more than likely two years!
My own personal pension cannot cover any or all of this outgoings!
It is not enough to live on!
My disabled wife has no income. PIP is not forthcoming despite intervention!
We are the forgotten as far as this government is concerned!
What was our beloved PM saying during the pandemic?
Let the bodies pile up!
Well he certainly is getting his wish!
This government has condemned millions into poverty, condemned pensioners into poverty, condemned our children into going hungry, into harm, into obscuriy, into modern day cannon fodder, and the victims of profiteering!

Where is the government response to this crisis?
We need help now!
Not in October, not in September, not in August, not in ju!y, june! Now!

Not one conservative MP voted for a windfall tax in the commons yesterday!

I'm close to being in poverty again!

So much for my ethos of working and trying to provide security and comfort for my loved ones!

We don't need the Russian army to destroy this country, our government is doing a greatjob all by themselves!

Do look after yourelves, cos our government definitely wont!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
As usual mate I can't read that lot!
This isn't a book club or a library it's the internet where we visit now and then to interact.
These walls of text are ridiculous so I got a few lines in.
Religion has never preached peace it's been at the forefront of all wars blessing the troops and the weapons of their chosen side or quite often all sides and then flying the flags in their chapels and and larger establishments and making great tombs for great warriors.
Where you get your ideas from I don't know but they certainly are not from historical reality.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm sorry you're struggling so much to pay basic household bills.
You've probably already done this, but if not, it's always worth checking with somewhere like citizens advice/Age Uk etc, or online, to see if there are any other benefits you or your wife could claim, or if you can get vouchers to use a foodbank etc.
If it's been a while since your wife claimed Pip, is it worth putting a new application in?
If you didn't get the £150 council tax rebate, local councils have been given money to help low income households.
It's worth checking with your council to see if you qualify for housing benefit.
I don't know the criteria for pension credit, maybe worth exploring??

If you've done all this, my apologies, I was just trying to think of anything that might help. It's miserable to be in a situation like this, and I hope you can get some help from somewhere soon. Take care.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm sorry you're struggling so much to pay basic household bills.
You've probably already done this, but if not, it's always worth checking with somewhere like citizens advice/Age Uk etc, or online, to see if there are any other benefits you or your wife could claim, or if you can get vouchers to use a foodbank etc.
If it's been a while since your wife claimed Pip, is it worth putting a new application in?
If you didn't get the £150 council tax rebate, local councils have been given money to help low income households.
It's worth checking with your council to see if you qualify for housing benefit.
I don't know the criteria for pension credit, maybe worth exploring??

If you've done all this, my apologies, I was just trying to think of anything that might help. It's miserable to be in a situation like this, and I hope you can get some help from somewhere soon. Take care.

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!
We are in process for PIP, it is a new claim made two months ago. They have acknowledged the claim it most yet!
No council tax rebate, no pension credits, nowt!
We have to wait for PIP.
Then maybe something more, we did have enough income before my redundancy, before I reached retirement age last March and had to wait until I could claim for a few months on universal credit. This time without money has seen all our savings wither away over time!
My outgoings outstrip my income since January this year! Everything has gone up in price, whereas my company pension only went up twelve pounds a month and my government pension went up by about fifteen quid!
Just not enough!
I have applied through my GP how to access food banks!
And I feel ashamed about having to get for help!
Especially after over fifty years of paying all the tax!
In my hour of need, a elected government has turned it's back on its people!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As usual mate I can't read that lot!
This isn't a book club or a library it's the internet where we visit now and then to interact.
These walls of text are ridiculous so I got a few lines in.
Religion has never preached peace it's been at the forefront of all wars blessing the troops and the weapons of their chosen side or quite often all sides and then flying the flags in their chapels and and larger establishments and making great tombs for great warriors.
Where you get your ideas from I don't know but they certainly are not from historical reality.
I agree with your historical view but I was using an ethical argument that Christianity is about teaching morals!
Same as all other religions.
The ridiculousness of this text is probably because you have never been in poverty!
Just one line isn't enough and you always have the option, just like this government and ignore the situation it has put millions of people, the majority of which are worse off than I am!