Sickness bug.....i think?

LINMARIE

Hi i am type 2 but got hbac1 levels down from 51 to 38 in less than 4 months doing low carb high fat diet no meds So weekend i came down violent sickness headache dizziness so bad and still no better just cant keep food down. I think its a stomach bug going about but can anybody tell me what should i eat as tried 2 poach eggs went straight thru me I feel so rough. Usually i would eat toast pre diabetic days if got bug but i cant now Also seems to be hanging about longer than in past? My bloods are raised even though not eaten so assume this normal cos ill? I got some ketone sticks n its on trace should i be worried? or would it be that cos not eaten anything apart 2 eggs since sunday? Direah is always bad for me but worried may not now be stomach bug My belly region is tender and upper abdomen if pressed nearly sick i.e heaving but not pain as such but strange feeling Sorry i know shouldnt ask medical questions but wondering if anybody got bug or experienced anything similar in past what they did to aid recovery Thank you

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
So weekend i came down violent sickness headache dizziness so bad and still no better just cant keep food down.
That's a long time to not be able to keep food down. I'd be getting medical advice, not because of the diabetes, but because of the illness.
It's normal for bgs to go up when you are ill.
Not sure what to advise on food because I'm T1 and can inject for it, but hope you feel better soon.

LINMARIE

Agh thanks yes took me over a week to start eating again and lost half stone but thankfully put 4lbs of that back on once eatung and drinking I got a blood test for hbca1 out of going drs so going to book that endJune apart frim that told nasty bug but never had it so long and symptims so bad at one point i had no control over toilet end was so worrying sorry too much info lol

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh bless you, it's horrible that it was so severe and for such a long time, you must have been exhausted!!