What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Krystyna23040 .
Needy I know, but sometimes something so simple does take on a larger meaning when one doesn't feel progress is even occurring.
A simple mention can help in refreshing the view from the trenches ...ta :)

I keep forgetting to mention Lauren has been doing power or balance Pilates ?

Thought I'd mention to you, it's like Pilates I have seen of numerous adverts YouTube etc, except it seems more aligned with TENKO

She tells me it's moving boards on runners or rails, twinned with resistance bands .
Image I get is something akin to the hoops gymnastics, except on a mechanics floor crawler..(the one where they lay flat and slide under car to fix 'things' )

Crazy hard by the sounds of it, and by the look of her face when she gets home, too .;):D

Shouldn't laugh .
She enjoys it, so proud of her :happy:

Again, thank you for the post
It does sound crazy hard but great that Lauren enjoys it.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok.
Sharing for the sake of sharing
Good for me :rolleyes:

A pleasant-ish day, lazy & recovering from yesterday ..ho hum.

A playlist on Alexa, heard a thousand times, really like the chosen songs..calming

Anyway, this one song
And I have a moment
(I'm a big boy, I can take it )
Cathartic probably.

So this one song ,
A runaway train of mages and emotions .
Best song ever ?
Unlikely but some lines hit home like a hammer to the chest .

That uncoupling from the world.
Saying my goodbyes.
That cold loneliness lying there, surrounded by strangers tending to me
Forever grateful but not who I wanted.

Images from the days after..

That first moment I really see Lauren, after the first of several ops.

Make up free, red eyed, her face as she pulls back the curtain, sees me all wired up, shocked to the core, but she never looked more beautiful to me.

Sat holding hands, saying nothing ..but saying everything .

Anyway, that's it ...just sharing.

No hugs, it's ok to not be ok
And it's not the first and it won't be the last river to cross before I'm back on firm land.

Lyrics only.
Couldn't find a video offering subtitles,

The one I liked best was an acoustic on the guitar are while not singing wise as good as the production versions, does have a marvellous guitar quality that pluck away at something inside me...here

Last edited:

Jojo85

Hello all!

Happy Saturday! Fbg at 8am was 5.4

Spent the week with my sister and her family, had to babysit her kids for a few days. They keep me on my feet all day o_O:woot:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok.

A playlist on Alexa, heard a thousand times, really like the chosen songs..calming

Anyway, this one song
And I have a moment
Cathartic probably.

So this one song ,
Best song ever ?

Saying my goodbyes.

Make up free, red eyed, her face as she pulls back the curtain, sees me all wired up, shocked to the core, but she never looked more beautiful to me.

And it's not the first and it won't be the last river to cross before I'm back on firm land.

Lyrics only.

The one I liked best was an acoustic on the guitar are while not singing wise as good as the production versions, does have a marvellous guitar quality that pluck away at something inside me...here

This is an informative read @jjraak
Thank you for sharing.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon), decided that he could do an upside down on the fatball feeders. He has been studying the other birds from the bird table where his fresh supply of peanuts are. Mrs Bluetit happily hangs upside down pecking away at the fatball feeders. She flew away to get the more tastier red Clover mites on the walls of my bungalow. So Heffalamp took a chance. He flew to the top of the fatball feeder. But couldn't get at the fatballs. Then he tried hanging on to the fatball feeder, but he couldn't balance himself, his flapping wings were getting in the way. He tried again from a different angle, hanging on to the bamboo cane, swivelling himself upside down, trusting his claws would hold his weight upside down on the bamboo cane. They did. And he was able to peck the fatballs upside down. I have never seen a pigeon hanging upside down before...

Mr Heffalump was doing brilliantly, having a good old feed at the fatballs. That is, until Mrs Heffalump came flapping in the garden. "What the flipping heck are you doing idiot husband?" Mr Heffalump promptly lost his balance and came tumbling down...

"See I told you wood pigeons cannot hang upside down," said Mrs Heffalump.
"Yes dear," replied Mr Heffalump, "I shall remember in future."
And he promptly crash landed on the bird table, 'accidentally' knocking Mrs Heffalump off the bird table.

I am sure Mr Heffalump winked at me.

My cuppa tea was now cold....

Creative today is an old closed dandelion flower getting ready to seed, a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. With both Shadow and Midnight.

A hot cuppa needed now.

Have a good day...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok.

Anyway, this one song
And I have a moment
Cathartic probably.

So this one song ,
Best song ever ?

Saying my goodbyes.

Lyrics only.

Yes @jjraak It is OK not to be OK and it to be able to share what is going on.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Today I have a 45 minute lunch break because of a cancellation not because of my good scheduling of today's appointments.

Saturday is the only day that is proving difficult to schedule proper breaks as I am doing really well on the other days.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon), decided that he could do an upside down on the fatball feeders. He has been studying the other birds from the bird table where his fresh supply of peanuts are. Mrs Bluetit happily hangs upside down pecking away at the fatball feeders. She flew away to get the more tastier red Clover mites on the walls of my bungalow. So Heffalamp took a chance. He flew to the top of the fatball feeder. But couldn't get at the fatballs. Then he tried hanging on to the fatball feeder, but he couldn't balance himself, his flapping wings were getting in the way. He tried again from a different angle, hanging on to the bamboo cane, swivelling himself upside down, trusting his claws would hold his weight upside down on the bamboo cane. They did. And he was able to peck the fatballs upside down. I have never seen a pigeon hanging upside down before...

Mr Heffalump was doing brilliantly, having a good old feed at the fatballs. That is, until Mrs Heffalump came flapping in the garden. "What the flipping heck are you doing idiot husband?" Mr Heffalump promptly lost his balance and came tumbling down...

"See I told you wood pigeons cannot hang upside down," said Mrs Heffalump.
"Yes dear," replied Mr Heffalump, "I shall remember in future."
And he promptly crash landed on the bird table, 'accidentally' knocking Mrs Heffalump off the bird table.

I am sure Mr Heffalump winked at me.

My cuppa tea was now cold....

Creative today is an old closed dandelion flower getting ready to seed, a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. With both Shadow and Midnight.

A hot cuppa needed now.

Have a good day...

View attachment 54610
That really made me laugh @gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone from an ok (ish), weather wise, but very singular sub region of The Exotic East. I can't conjure up hugely positive feelings for either the weather or the area so best move on. No fbg testing here since the numbers would really only reflect the impact of stress to my system from my body attacking itself which I am currently powerless to affect. I'm certain that is exacerbated by wholly sub-optimal exercise. I remain unsure if Elsie is a net positive or negative in this situation. The evidence I see all suggests no one actually knows and it may boil down to DNA tests, then detailed blood analysis and a generation of well funded studies and medical advances.. Elsie seems scarily like "do I feel lucky punk. Well do I?" The salmon salad yesterday was delicious and we had time with 4 grandchildren and two sons. Unlike the weather, area or Elsie that was an unequivocal slam dunk winner - thanks be to God. @Jojo85 good to see you back. @jjraak thanks for sharing the emotions and that song yesterday. As @Krystyna23040 says it is very definitely o.k. not to feel o.k. Talking of that exemplary lady, gleefully take the break today however fortuitously it came. @gennepher wonderful tales again - I imagined Johnny Morris voices for the Heffalumps- and splendid kaleidoscope once again. Do enjoy yourself today as always fully aware that others have aright to safety, dignity, and respect. That seems to be taken for granted on here but isn't the zeitgeist since it won't fuel the culture war some feel they need desperately.
Edited to (hopefully) make some sense.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone from an ok (ish), weather wise, but very singular sub region of The Exotic East. I can't conjure up hugely positive feelings for either the weather or the area so best move on. No fbg testing here since the numbers would really only reflect the impact of stress to my system from my body attacking itself which I am currently powerless to affect. I'm certain that is exacerbated by wholly sub-optimal exercise. I remain unsure if Elsie is a net positive or negative in this situation. The evidence I see all suggests no one actually knows and it may boil down to DNA tests, then detailed blood analysis and a generation of well funded studies and medical advances.. Elsie seems scarily like "do I feel lucky punk. Well do I?" The salmon salad yesterday was delicious and we had time with 4 grandchildren and two sons. Unlike the weather, area or Elsie that was an unequivocal slam dunk winner - thanks be to God. @Jojo85 good to see you back. @jjraak thanks for sharing the emotions and that song yesterday. As @Krystyna23040 says it is very definitely o.k. not to feel o.k. Talking of that exemplary lady, gleefully take the break today however fortuitously it came. @gennepher wonderful tales again - I imagined Johnny Morris voices for the Heffalumps- and splendid kaleidoscope once again. Do enjoy yourself today as always fully aware that others have aright to safety, dignity, and respect. That seems to be taken for granted on here but isn't the zeitgeist since it won't fuel the culture war some feel they need desperately.
Edited to (hopefully) make some sense.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning campers.

Skipping FBG today.
It's not coming down, so I'll restart on Monday

Just a cooler moment really

Anyone have appletv.?

Missus new phone gave her a free trial.

Hooked us up other night ..liked foundation
They keep trailing "slow horses"...so if course I refused to watch it :rolleyes:

Iriot...:banghead:

Really rather good
No ..it's better then good...it's great.:D

Twisting plots galore...:wideyed:

Well worth a watch if you liked the bodyguard, etc.

hasta la vista muchachos.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers.

Skipping FBG today.
It's not coming down, so I'll restart on Monday

Just a cooler moment really

Anyone have appletv.?

Missus new phone gave her a free trial.

Hooked us up other night ..liked foundation
They keep trailing "slow horses"...so if course I refused to watch it :rolleyes:

Iriot...:banghead:

Really rather good
No ..it's better then good...it's great.:D

Twisting plots galore...:wideyed:

Well worth a watch if you liked the bodyguard, etc.

hasta la vista muchachos.
Nice new Avatar. Enjoy the Apple TV. I have an - irrational? but very strong (almost visceral) - dislike of all things Apple (Jobs?) but JKP adores her iPad. I'm very comfortable with Microsoft and Gates but use Samsung and Chromebook. We watched The Bodyguard to the end thinking surely it will get better - nope. Learned a lesson and bailed out of Line of Duty pronto. One man's meat etc. That is the beauty of this thread.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

A dull cloudy morning today.

The baby sparrow that her daddy brought her to the fatball feeders is still here all by herself. For about 3 days now, no apparent parent in sight.

She has been a very competent little baby sparrow, Little Miss. Little Miss has been by the fatball feeder right next to my bedroom for 24/7. So, I have had a ringside seat. She spends a good part of the day grooming herself all over. Spreads her wings, and cleans between every feather. Then she does all her other feathers. The other half of the time she is eating from the fatball feeders. Yesterday she discovered that my scented white roses which are all round the fatball feeders are covered in aphids. The best ones for Little Miss appear to be on the buds. But this rose bush has very tiny roses, it is a climber, and the stems are very slender. Little Miss hasn't quite grasped that she cannot land on any stem that is thin otherwise she ends up on a downward dive.

This morning, she was at her favourite feeder right outside my bedroom window, and my little female Bluetit landed next to her. Little Miss suddenly turned into a quivering mass, and asked Mrs Bluetit for food saying she was a helpless baby. Mrs Bluetit told Little Miss that she had her own babies to feed, but as Mrs Bluetit flew away, she called back she would tell her daddy that Little Miss missed him badly.

That must have been what Mrs Bluetit said, because moments later Mr Sparrow came flying into the garden, but just to the top of the willow tree. Little Miss was feeding, out of sight, but she knew her daddy was there, left the feeder and flew to her daddy. But he flew out of my garden. She did her quivering bit on top of the willow tree, but her daddy didn't come back to feed her. So back she came to the fatball feeders and is eating away again. She has no intention of leaving this fatball feeder or my rose bush.

Then Little Miss was playing like a small child does when it is exploring this new world of theirs. There was a pice of dried grass entangled in the rose thorns. Little Miss was tugging it, pulling it, swinging this piece of grass from side to side. I was fascinated watching her fascination with this piece of grass. I look down, my tea is cold.

Creative today, a kaleidoscope in Laboscope of the buds on my raspberry bush. It looks rather like a Christmas card!!

Time for a fresh hot cuppa.
It is rather chilly this morning.

image.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee in the conservatory before our trip out to Oxburgh Hall. Both cafes are closed but hopefully the 'trailer cafe' serves sausage rolls for Mr K. Sadly it is highly unlikely to serve doggy ice cream.

We have a really rubbish handheld scanner and I needed to replace it. A good one was really expensive so Mr K had a brilliant idea. We have a really good Brother photocopier and perhaps he should look in the instruction book to see if it is a scanner also. It is - we had no idea that it was as we had never looked in the instruction book before.

He purchased a £4 lead to connect it to my PC and we now have a brilliant scanner for £4 instead of £300.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee in the conservatory before our trip out to Oxburgh Hall. Both cafes are closed but hopefully the 'trailer cafe's serves sausage rolls for Mr K. Sadly it is highly unlikely to serve doggy ice cream.

We have a really rubbish handheld scanner and I needed to replace it. A good one was really expensive so Mr K had a brilliant idea. We have a really good Brother photocopier and perhaps he should look in the instruction book to see if it is a scanner also. It is - we had no idea that it was as we had never looked in the instruction book before.

He purchased a £4 lead to connect it to my PC and we now have a brilliant scanner for £4 instead of £300.
Total winner over that scanner @Krystyna23040
t12606.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you are all enjoying your day. A sunny Sunday here in The Exotic East:woot:. Unusually, we are in charge of two children today as mum and dad are packing for their move. Probably a five or six day week for grandchildren minding this week . Despite being tiring it is obviously one of God's most wonderful blessings. Enough to make Elsie worth the misery. Family meal this afternoon - 4.00 pm (Spurs aren't on live) -with the children, mum and dad and 92 yo MIL. Social event will be a delight, Elsie version of Sunday roast the lesser of three evils - starvation, or The D progressing being worse outcomes. Pork shoulder, roast kale, asparagus and veggies are fine but gravy isn't LC. I'm not putting butter on veggies - hideous idea IMHO. @Krystyna23040 another example of Mr K being, well, just Mr K. Sausage roll is the least the saint deserves. @gennepher Little Miss - superb story and name. Thank you for the kaleidoscope - raspberries are my comfort zone - thank you. Besides lunch, today's mood will be hugely influenced by just how Spursey Antonio's misfits are at Carrow Road and if Citeh hold on. Your Sunday may be totally different but I'm sure we all want joy for ourselves, our nearest and dearest without any negative impact on the health, safety and joy of our fellow human, animal and plant inhabitants of God's amazing creation. Is there a British Albo?

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon all
Nothing much to report from the capital

But it does look nice & sunny out there today.

Lazy day or two, knee feels like I'm pressing on glass, when I out weight on it AND take weight off .:arghh::banghead:

So another NO-DO-DAY today

Poor little miss @gennepher ..at least she's got food on hand.
Nice tales from the garden.
Missing the cats this weekend ..they all good I hope

Our two guests still here
Sure they synchronize watches , together the gang up on me with their chorus of FEED US, as they twist & twine, bumping shoulders like they're auditioning for BGT

And good luck spurs @ianpspurs
Cities to lose...ooh the excitement.

Think conte has done well.
Surely given standard of city & liverpool
A place in Europe is a good result end of season ?

I won't & didn't put Chelsea in there, just to much to distract the team at the moment :sorry:

And @Krystyna23040 ..a glorious win, from.me.
Fantastic..I get more pleasure I think from fixing or repurposing something then I do over new things (once excitements worn off)

Nice thinking by Mr K.
(K is for Kent, right .. :D;) )

Hoping @alf_Josiah us enjoying the sabbatical
And Ragnar lothbrok his sea voyage ;):D

Happy day all.:happy:

Last edited: