Bs readings High

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been testing my bs all day this mid morning after food 2 hours it was 7.5, cup of coffee with cream went to 8.1 an hour later and I haven't eaten for 4 hours amd it's risen to 9 . I just don't get why . I'm confused as I've had no carbs today and lots of water

Sent from my SM-G973F using Diabetes Forum mobile app

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When out body thinks we are fasting, our liver can release carbs to give us energy. We can break this fast with a small amount of carbs which may stop the bs rise.

D

Deleted member 543160

Those changes are simply your liver trying to be helpful by "dumping" some glucose if it thinks you've run short of carby fuel. However, as a T2 , if you eat a suitably low carb full fat diet, your body will eventually become keto/fat adapted, (re)learning how to use dietary and body fat as well as carbs for fuel so you'll generally no longer see any such rises.

Reactions: maxjoe121

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those changes are simply your liver trying to be helpful by "dumping" some glucose if it thinks you've run short of carby fuel. However, as a T2 , if you eat a suitably low carb full fat diet, your body will eventually become keto/fat adapted, (re)learning how to use dietary and body fat as well as carbs for fuel so you'll generally no longer see any such rises.
Thankyou

Sent from my SM-G973F using Diabetes Forum mobile app