What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you are all enjoying your day. A sunny Sunday here in The Exotic East:woot:. Unusually, we are in charge of two children today as mum and dad are packing for their move. Probably a five or six day week for grandchildren minding this week . Despite being tiring it is obviously one of God's most wonderful blessings. Enough to make Elsie worth the misery. Family meal this afternoon - 4.00 pm (Spurs aren't on live) -with the children, mum and dad and 92 yo MIL. Social event will be a delight, Elsie version of Sunday roast the lesser of three evils - starvation, or The D progressing being worse outcomes. Pork shoulder roast kale, asparagus and veggies are fine but gravy isn't LC. I'm not putting butter on veggies - hideous idea IMHO. @Krystyna23040 another example of Mr K being, well, just Mr K. Sausage roll is the least the saint deserves. @gennepher Little Miss - superb story and name. Thank you for the kaleidoscope - raspberries are my comfort zone - thank you. Besides lunch, today's mood will be hugely influenced by just how Spursey Antonio's misfits are at Carrow Road and if Citeh hold on. Your Sunday may be totally different but I'm sure we all want joy for ourselves, our nearest and dearest without any negative impact on the health, safety and joy of out fellow human, animal and plant inhabitants of God's amazing creation. Is there a British Albo?
@ianpspurs sadly there were no sausage rolls for Mr K at Oxburgh as the mobile food truck didn't have the facilities to heat them. We did just over 4 miles. It was lovely and cool for the dogs in the woodland. The sunlight filtering through the leaves was so lovely.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And @Krystyna23040 ..a glorious win, from.me.
Fantastic..I get more pleasure I think from fixing or repurposing something then I do over new things (once excitements worn off)
We also get great pleasure from repurposing or fixing things.

I was very pleased this week to have located a really good seamstress as the lady who has altered or repaired clothes for us for years and years has retired. I have two pairs of Rohan trousers that need new zips. I love those trousers so really pleased to get them repaired.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is interesting @Krystyna23040 @dogslife because before I was diagnosed with diabetes my cholesterol was in the 6's, and the doctors never found that an issue. But I got diagnosed with diabetes type 2 in 2015/16. And it was I have to take a statin to get it down to 4's . I did question that if 6's were okay before diabetes, then why is it not okay now. The only answer I got at that time was that it was protocol to give all diabetics statins. And I did take them. But for various reasons I was not happy, but I got told, look you are in the 5's now and that is far healthier for you. Anyway to cut a long story short, the main GP in our practice was in trouble, because of neglect and a court case, and him and his wife had to leave. Hence no GP's to run our surgery. So this has been a doctorless/nurse/diabetic nurse less surgery since early 2019. It is a GP Surgery in name only. Hence no check ups, no blood tests etc.

Consequently I stopped taking the statins in 2019 after research online. I pay for a few of my own tests. My cholesterol has gone back up to the 6's which is what I was pre diabetes diagnosis. It stays stable at that level. I make my own choices and decisions.

I am glad you posted that @Krystyna23040 because it further validates my own feelings and decisions.

Thank you.
My DN has tried for 3 years to get me to take statins I have refused refused and refused she has finally given up I am like you I make my own choices and decisions :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you are all enjoying your day. A sunny Sunday here in The Exotic East:woot:. Unusually, we are in charge of two children today as mum and dad are packing for their move. Probably a five or six day week for grandchildren minding this week . Despite being tiring it is obviously one of God's most wonderful blessings. Enough to make Elsie worth the misery. Family meal this afternoon - 4.00 pm (Spurs aren't on live) -with the children, mum and dad and 92 yo MIL. Social event will be a delight, Elsie version of Sunday roast the lesser of three evils - starvation, or The D progressing being worse outcomes. Pork shoulder roast kale, asparagus and veggies are fine but gravy isn't LC. I'm not putting butter on veggies - hideous idea IMHO. @Krystyna23040 another example of Mr K being, well, just Mr K. Sausage roll is the least the saint deserves. @gennepher Little Miss - superb story and name. Thank you for the kaleidoscope - raspberries are my comfort zone - thank you. Besides lunch, today's mood will be hugely influenced by just how Spursey Antonio's misfits are at Carrow Road and if Citeh hold on. Your Sunday may be totally different but I'm sure we all want joy for ourselves, our nearest and dearest without any negative impact on the health, safety and joy of out fellow human, animal and plant inhabitants of God's amazing creation. Is there a British Albo?
Thanks @ianpspurs
I will have raspberries from now until November...

lindisfel

Expert
Been in hospital much of May with a serious kidney infection.
Laterly they gaye me Covid 19 and decided to discharge me so I hope the duchess keeps free. Is everyone ok around here?

Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Laterly they gaye me Covid 19 and decided to discharge me so I hope the duchess keeps free. Is everyone ok around here?

Derek
Good to hear from you but obviously sorry about the tale of woe. Take care and take it easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks.
No, l'm not dead.
Football.
City, amazing.
Liverpool,respect, good luck in the CL final
Chelsea. Quality. Well done.
Spurs. Great late run ,respect.

Mother having her last, down in Wales. Already bent my car on the unfamiliar motorways. Type 2. Difficult to keep BG within limits, under pressure.
Good wishes to all regular stars on this theme.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks.
No, l'm not dead.
Football.
City, amazing.

Mother having her last, down in Wales. Already bent my car on the unfamiliar motorways. Type 2. Difficult to keep BG within limits, under pressure.
Not sure how to respond to that. Good to hear from you and well done City. The part about your mother is ambiguous and potentially very sad and the car issue sounds worrying.

Reactions: True Blue

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Derek
Good that your kidneys are OK now. Sorry to hear that you have Covid now.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon all
Nothing much to report from the capital

But it does look nice & sunny out there today.

Lazy day or two, knee feels like I'm pressing on glass, when I out weight on it AND take weight off .:arghh::banghead:

So another NO-DO-DAY today

Poor little miss @gennepher ..at least she's got food on hand.
Nice tales from the garden.
Missing the cats this weekend ..they all good I hope

Our two guests still here
Sure they synchronize watches , together the gang up on me with their chorus of FEED US, as they twist & twine, bumping shoulders like they're auditioning for BGT

And good luck spurs @ianpspurs
Cities to lose...ooh the excitement.

Think conte has done well.
Surely given standard of city & liverpool
A place in Europe is a good result end of season ?

I won't & didn't put Chelsea in there, just to much to distract the team at the moment :sorry:

And @Krystyna23040 ..a glorious win, from.me.
Fantastic..I get more pleasure I think from fixing or repurposing something then I do over new things (once excitements worn off)

Nice thinking by Mr K.
(K is for Kent, right .. :D;) )

Hoping @alf_Josiah us enjoying the sabbatical
And Ragnar lothbrok his sea voyage ;):D

Happy day all.:happy:
I feel sorry for that little baby female sparrow, all alone in the world @jjraak I mean, okay daddy sparrow may or may not be near, but for all intents and purposes, that baby female sparrow has no companion, no back up, no one to sound a warning signal, if a cat is approaching. It is as if it is alone in its discovering of the world about it. Usually birds in my garden are in pairs, in a group, and there is always one bird on lookout for all of them, and gives the cat alert warning signal. Little Miss doesn't have any of that. I am watching out for her now.

I have been silent on the cats because there was a crisis here, that upset me badly.
First of all, both Shadow and Midnight are absolutely fine. They are okay.

But when I came home from that nightmare chemist trip on Monday, I was exhausted and went to bed. When I woke up, the first thing I see is the cat feeders under the swing. I thought, oh no not more new cats. Then I realised the cat was Jade, the cat I had befriended last year, fed her all year and was just getting her to come in the bungalow. Then before Xmas she went missing. Until Monday afternoon, this week, 5 months later. But something was wrong with her. Her left ear was almost completely cut off as if with a pair of scissors. She ran away from me.

I googled when I got back in. "Why a left ear cut in half on a cat?" Answer, a cat's left ear has just the tip cut off, or a notch put in it if it has been spayed and put back into the community. This is not a notch, or the tip cut off, it is literally her left ear cut in more than half. It comes under the definition of amputated to me. You couldn't cut it any lower. She is a short haired cat. I was upset. Jade was not a feral cat, she had a friendly sweet nature, and was timid. She could have been re-homed. But now she looks mutilated. This must affect her hearing and balance. And affect her using her ears as feeling spaces to go through. This was so unnecessary.

I can take on an animal that is not perfect, I don't have a problem with that, but I knew Jade before this was cruelly done by someone, I presume a veterinarian surgeon. And I feel physically sick looking at her. It is a jolt to my whole system each time I look at her now. I am crying for Jade, It makes me feel sick all through my body because she was so beautiful and perfect before.

I now have Midnight and Shadow both out of sorts because they know something has happened. And then it dawned on me. Midnight has not been in a fight and lost his left ear. I managed a photo through the glass door when Midnight wasn't looking at me, enlarged the ear bit. His ear too, has been drastically cut off. I cried for Midnight as well.

Then I realised the Four Mouseketeers (the ginger cats) were missing). And I have not seen them all week since Monday early when I fed them. I have been feeding the four gingers since about April 2020.

So, Jade 'appeared' on Monday, the four ginger's disappeared on Monday.

More googling. Apparently there are a lot of local/independent cat societies all over the place in the U.K. who do TNR - trap, neuter, and release, somewhere near the location they were caught. There are a lot of woods here, so that must be why they are being released her. How stupid. There is nothing set up to feed the cats who have been trapped and neutered and released on this scheme. So, Muggins here ends up feeding them plenty so they don't think about the feathered wildlife. I don't know if anyone knows this is happening by The Cat Inhumane societies. Whatever vet they are employing round here is a butcher, lopping off far too much of the cats' ears.

I am not calm, I am a raving mad lunatic over this. I am writing here my sanitised version of these events.

And apparently even people's actual much loved pet cats are being swept up in this. Maybe up to 50% of the cats trapped are pet cats, not strays, nor feral.

What I am doing is taking photos of the defaced left ears of the cats. I will be putting them in a folder and sending/emailing them to the RSPCA. And asking if they are aware of this unnecessarily brutal defacement of the cats ears when only a tiny bit of the tip of the left ear is meant to be removed to identify the cat as being neutered. In addition all local vets, and Cat Inhumane Societies will be getting something similar, and my question again will be, are they aware there is at least one vet in this area who is unnecessarily harsh when cutting off the cats ears.

Not a good week for me or the cats. And my neighbour (the Xmas lights one), has blocked our shared drains again. So when I leave the bungalow I am wading in sewerage...when he blocks the drains at the Y junction, it means I get the flooding and smelly presents.

So, Midnight and Shadow are fine @jjraak at the moment.
I just didn't feel like writing about them.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks.
No, l'm not dead.
Football.
City, amazing.

Hugs for the problems @True Blue

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel sorry for that little baby female sparrow, all alone in the world @jjraak I mean, okay daddy sparrow may or may not be near, but for all intents and purposes, that baby female sparrow has no companion, no back up, no one to sound a warning signal, if a cat is approaching. It is as if it is alone in its discovering of the world about it. Usually birds in my garden are in pairs, in a group, and there is always one bird on lookout for all of them, and gives the cat alert warning signal. Little Miss doesn't have any of that. I am watching out for her now.

I have been silent on the cats because there was a crisis here, that upset me badly.

But when I came home from that nightmare chemist trip on Monday, I was exhausted and went to bed. When I woke up, the first thing I see is the cat feeders under the swing. I thought, oh no not more new cats. Then I realised the cat was Jade, the cat I had befriended last year, fed her all year and was just getting her to come in the bungalow. Then before Xmas she went missing. Until Monday afternoon, this week, 5 months later. But something was wrong with her. Her left ear was almost completely cut off as if with a pair of scissors. She ran away from me.

I googled when I got back in. "Why a left ear cut in half on a cat?" Answer, a cat's left ear has just the tip cut off, or a notch put in it if it has been spayed and put back into the community. This is not a notch, or the tip cut off, it is literally her left ear cut in more than half. It comes under the definition of amputated to me. You couldn't cut it any lower. She is a short haired cat. I was upset. Jade was not a feral cat, she had a friendly sweet nature, and was timid. She could have been re-homed. But now she looks mutilated. This must affect her hearing and balance. And affect her using her ears as feeling spaces to go through. This was so unnecessary.

I can take on an animal that is not perfect, I don't have a problem with that, but I knew Jade before this was cruelly done by someone, I presume a veterinarian surgeon. And I feel physically sick looking at her. It is a jolt to my whole system each time I look at her now. I am crying for Jade, It makes me feel sick all through my body because she was so beautiful and perfect before.

I now have Midnight and Shadow both out of sorts because they know something has happened. And then it dawned on me. Midnight has not been in a fight and lost his left ear. I managed a photo through the glass door when Midnight wasn't looking at me, enlarged the ear bit. His ear too, has been drastically cut off. I cried for Midnight as well.

Then I realised the Four Mouseketeers (the ginger cats) were missing). And I have not seen them all week since Monday early when I fed them. I have been feeding the four gingers since about April 2020.

More googling. Apparently there are a lot of local/independent cat societies all over the place in the U.K. who do TNR - trap, neuter, and release, somewhere near the location they were caught. There are a lot of woods here, so that must be why they are being released her. How stupid. There is nothing set up to feed the cats who have been trapped and neutered and released on this scheme. So, Muggins here ends up feeding them plenty so they don't think about the feathered wildlife. I don't know if anyone knows this is happening by The Cat Inhumane societies. Whatever vet they are employing round here is a butcher, lopping off far too much of the cats' ears.

I am not calm, I am a raving mad lunatic over this. I am writing here my sanitised version of these events.

And apparently even people's actual much loved pet cats are being swept up in this. Maybe up to 50% of the cats trapped are pet cats, not strays, nor feral.

What I am doing is taking photos of the defaced left ears of the cats. I will be putting them in a folder and sending/emailing them to the RSPCA. And asking if they are aware of this unnecessarily brutal defacement of the cats ears when only a tiny bit of the tip of the left ear is meant to be removed to identify the cat as being neutered. In addition all local vets, and Cat Inhumane Societies will be getting something similar, and my question again will be, are they aware there is at least one vet in this area who is unnecessarily harsh when cutting off the cats ears.

Not a good week for me or the cats. And my neighbour (the Xmas lights one), has blocked our shared drains again. So when I leave the bungalow I am wading in sewerage...when he blocks the drains at the Y junction, it means I get the flooding and smelly presents.

How distressing, @gennepher .

Good the cats otherwise are well, but horrendous to think someone is mutilating them
And to even consider it's a registered vet ..beyond belief

No wonder you are so upset by that
I'd be furious too.

Good thing is they do have a sanctuary of sorts.

So grateful they have you xx.

The tale of little miss
Nature, sadly.
Let's hope for the best for her.

And as for you and that xxxxxxx neighbour.
Civil words fail me.

So I'll say no more, but wish you good speed getting it fixed, at his costs I hope

Xx

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Derek

My goodness.
How awful, @lindisfel .

Good news you were fit enough to discharge
But so wrong you caught covid
Mitigation gone to pot from what I keep hearing & seeing

Hopefully the duchess stays free of it

My Lauren refused to abandon me when I got it, and stayed within range on many occasions to look after me., And never caught it from me.

So it's not a given the duchess will either.
But I'll say a little prayer anyway.

Best wishes for a speedy & FULL recovery

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks.
No, l'm not dead.
Football.
City, amazing.

Hi @True Blue

Congrats on a nail biting end to season

Like @ianpspurs ..unsure how to read your post.

Doesn't sound good.
Best wishes for coming days & weeks if so

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How distressing, @gennepher .

Good the cats otherwise are well, but horrendous to think someone is mutilating them
And to even consider it's a registered vet ..beyond belief

No wonder you are so upset by that
I'd be furious too.

Good thing is they do have a sanctuary of sorts.

So grateful they have you xx.

The tale of little miss
Nature, sadly.
Let's hope for the best for her.

And as for you and that xxxxxxx neighbour.
Civil words fail me.

So I'll say no more, but wish you good speed getting it fixed, at his costs I hope

Xx
Thanks @jjraak

I give the best sanctuary I can. And food.
I don't get how this is acceptable for the cats ears.

I am willing for Little Miss to have the best life for a sparrow.
I have had baby blackbirds most years in my garden, but never a baby sparrow before. And each Blackbird parents bring their babies up differently.

I have notified the water board, and will leave it in their hands....

You take care.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

That is dreadful @gennepher. Hope the RSPCA can do something about it. Glad that Midnight and Shadow are fine and that you are looking out for the little baby sparrow.