What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Middle bacon, cheese omelette, two slices of toast and ginger marmalade for breakfast.
No smoko.
Grilled barra fillets, green veggies and a couple of small spudlites for lunch.
Marinated chicken legs for supper at six.

Couple of bits of ginger chocolate watching Prime.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: vegetable soup - made from the remaining spicy vegetables and some more stock with a little extra tomato puree and seasoning. One slice of wholemeal bread to go with it. I was going to make it cream of vegetable soup, but the cream had gone off.

2nd meal will be some fried cauliflower and some fish fingers, made with a chunk of white fish I found in the freezer - looks like haddock, but I'm not sure.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Down to earth with a bump today after a great weekend in Bristol at the PHC conference. Some super meals out with forum friends, including a 20oz New York Strip steak one night and skate wing fried in butter with capers and samphire the next.
Fridge at home pretty empty and as our kitchen is I still out of action I can’t make anything adventurous.
B- cheese omelette
L- smoked salmon pate on LC toast. Fatt bar, caramel and sea salt flavour.
D- roast peppers, courgette and red onion, tossed in more olive oil and apple cider vinegar when cooked and then a ball of mozzarella torn on top. Makeshift meal but very good, I must remember it.
IMG_1653330033.303079.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not to be outdone by @DJC3 here’s my steak from a couple of nights ago. Looks very like another posted a bit up thread - liked the restaurant so much I went back again. This was a 539g Picanha. Delicious.

Today has been a lot of picking - 1pm train home from Bristol and no brekkie meant bits and bobs along the way - nuts, yoghurt, double cream, raspberries, 90% Lindt.

Proper food taken out of the freezer for tomorrow - pork belly and lamb shoulder.

887983D8-4436-4A5C-ADF2-344E7A38E3B1.jpeg

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really need to be more disciplined and post meals on here, regularly. Though I doubt I could have the delicious offerings many of you post on here.
By posting , and being a very truthful sort of person, I have to be giving plenty of thought to meals.
Today I had late breakfast of Greek yogurt, raspberries and walnuts, with blck decaff coffee.
Didn’t bother with lunch, just more decaff, and glasses of water.
Dinner: crustless quiche, salad, beetroot juice.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: bolognese with runner beans and grated mature cheddar followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

77AE1633-A0FE-460F-B148-6DB02C185FAD.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really need to be more disciplined and post meals on here, regularly. Though I doubt I could have the delicious offerings many of you post on here.
By posting , and being a very truthful sort of person, I have to be giving plenty of thought to meals.
Today I had late breakfast of Greek yogurt, raspberries and walnuts, with blck decaff coffee.
Didn’t bother with lunch, just more decaff, and glasses of water.
Dinner: crustless quiche, salad, beetroot juice.

I agree, posting here keeps me accountable to myself, although I’m not as regular as I once was.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not to be outdone by @DJC3 here’s my steak from a couple of nights ago. Looks very like another posted a bit up thread - liked the restaurant so much I went back again. This was a 539g Picanha. Delicious.

Today has been a lot of picking - 1pm train home from Bristol and no brekkie meant bits and bobs along the way - nuts, yoghurt, double cream, raspberries, 90% Lindt.

Proper food taken out of the freezer for tomorrow - pork belly and lamb shoulder.

View attachment 54648

Look SO good, and perfectly cooked.

Reactions: Goonergal

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Havnt posted for the last week due to work
0900hrs B. chia seed pud with nuts and berries
1400hr L. Pork with veg
1815hr D .. Chicken breasts stuffed with carlic and cream cheese with veg
Snack dark chocolate 90% handful of nuts

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grilled indeterminate smoked fish, that we were given by neighbour for breakfast.
Two sausage rolls for smoko.
Mutton chops, mixed veggies, gravy for lunch.
Chicken pie with leftover veggies for supper at six.

Crispbread with blue cheese watching Prime.

Small glasss of single malt whisky listening to streaming jazz from ABC, slept well again.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
He caught this rock cod recently.

hSej5ba.jpg

I've never seen one of those before. Looks kind of prehistoric. But there's a lot of fish there to make a few meals with. My absolute favourite fish is called "rock salmon", or it used to be called that. But it has nothing to do with rocks and isn't a salmon either. It's a dogfish, or other small shark. Sadly, they seem to be unobtainable here.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast : full fat Greek yogurt, blueberries, black decaff coffee.
Lunch: boiled eggs x2 with mayonnaise and chopped yellow pepper.
Dinner:chicken satay, stirfried veg( kale, green beans, cauliflower rice, redonion red pepper) small glass of beetrootjuice.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Away again so bit behind.
Think Monday was skip breakfast, exercise class, lunch was soft boiled egg with asparagus dippers.
Dinner, our host cooked, having been told I avoid carbs, main of chicken skewers with a peanut satay sauce (of which I had a tiny spoonful as not sure what was in it) and salad. Then produced baked nectarines cooked in honey as "fruit and honey is OK for you isn't it"
Nope, went to bed on a 10 having eaten 3 hours later than usual too.

Today, breakfast of homemade seedy crackers . Ate nearly a whole batch (150g seeds)
L: avocado with cheese and a spoonful of coleslaw. Yoghurt, blueberries and cream
D: a quarter of hubbys real pizza, with extra cheese. 2 sqs 85% choc. 1 glass red

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not gone awol but no food report today - I don't want to admit, even to myself, just how bad it has been. BG has been pretty reasonable though. Starting over tomorrow.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never seen one of those before. Looks kind of prehistoric. But there's a lot of fish there to make a few meals with.
It fed four people and a dog.

Saratoga is a prehistoric fish here in out northern rivers

SARATOGA+(Scleropages+jardini+leichardti+papua+guinea+australia+orld+record+biggest+fish+in+the+world+ever+caught+big+huge+fishes+records+largest++fishing+giant+size+images+pictures+freshwater+indonesia.jpg

Never heard of dogfish, we have catfish here though, both in our rivers and sea.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices middle bacon, two egg omelette, two slices toast and vegimite for breakfast.
No smoko.
Red Rooster whole chicken, veggies, gravy for lunch.
Left over chicken toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

Five or six bits of naked ginger watching Madmen on Prime.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb