Upper stomach pain

Gsp

Hi all,
I am type 2 for 9 years. I mostly follow Keto diet. Manage my sugar level well with diet and exercise. Recently I started getting pinching pain in the upper stomach near the left side of the bottom right rib. If I bend to lift something I get pulled muscle strain in the upper stomach.
No gallbladder stones from the scan. My doctor says it could be muscle cramps and nothing can be done. But I am getting the pinching pain more frequently now a days. Anyone had this before?

Thank you for your response

GSP

• Hug
Reactions: shelley262

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you been checked for a (hiatus) hernia?

If you’re still worried you should press for further investigations.

Reactions: EllieM and Gsp

Carolm3010

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
I am type 2 for 9 years. I mostly follow Keto diet. Manage my sugar level well with diet and exercise. Recently I started getting pinching pain in the upper stomach near the left side of the bottom right rib. If I bend to lift something I get pulled muscle strain in the upper stomach.
No gallbladder stones from the scan. My doctor says it could be muscle cramps and nothing can be done. But I am getting the pinching pain more frequently now a days. Anyone had this before?

Thank you for your response

GSP
Hi. My husband has only recently been diagnosed with type 2 and originally went to docs due to pain in same location. After 3 months the pain is now chronic. Had all types of scans/procedures and nothing found. I read yesterday an article on nerve damage and diabetes and he has all the symptoms (yes I know we can all have symptoms of something if we look hard enough) but he can't even bear anything even touching that area now (even bedsheets). His started as a nagging ache and has steadily got worse. I've read acupuncture can help with pain for nerve damage and we're going to speak to doc re this. Maybe this could help you?