What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well midnight certainly playing the long game, here

So passive around shadow, who quite honestly is revealing her inner jack Nicholson from the shining at times
(Not saying she hasn't got a reason, just saying )

A definite subtle turn in your relationship with midnight

Well executed cruyeff turn if ever I saw one ;)

Nice post, @gennepher as always :)
Shadow looks like Jack Nicholson at times @jjraak

Reactions: Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Little Miss, the baby sparrow, is still at the fatball feeders feeding nearly all day long. A couple of days ago, her Daddy came in and spent some time with her, and the were feeding together companionably at the fatball. Then a few moments later, her mother flew in, and the 3 sparrows were flying round my garden. And I am thinking oh good, they’ll be going on to pastures anew, and I won’t have to baby sit Little Miss any more.

But yesterday Little Miss had been dumped the the fatball feeders again by her Daddy. She was quite happily feeding off the fatball and the aphids on my rose bushes. She did a lot of grooming and stretching of her wings. And she played again with strings of loose dried grass hanging from the rose thorns.

Every time my little female Bluetit came in the garden to get food for her babies (she is coming every few minutes), she comes over to check on the baby sparrow, Little Miss. Comes up to her, says something in Bluetit, then flies to the other feeders to get her supplies. If Little Miss is in the rose bushes on a branch, then Mrs Bluetit comes up to that branch, checks on Little Miss, then goes and gets her own supplies, and back to her own babies.

Now, yesterday the mum of Little Miss came in, and sat on the twigs I have through the bird feeder nearest me (and where all this action takes place). And she was looking at Little Miss who was happily feeding and taking care of herself. Then suddenly Mum lunged at Little Miss and deliberately pushed her off her twig. Little Miss was taken totally by surprise and fell like a stone straight down, but landed on her feet on the ground. Right in front of Midnight (cat) who is feeding. Midnight looked up, he is not interested, and carries on feeding.

Little Miss flies up to the fatball feeder, and begins feeding again. Her Mum flies away.

Then moments later, Mr Blackbird comes in the garden and goes straight for Little Miss and attacks her.

"Don't you b____y dare", I yell out of the window.

Midnight is still feeding, but now sits upright rigid, not daring to move.

Little Miss was knocked off her twig again, but does a loop the loop this time and returns back to her twig.

A few moments later her Daddy appears. Little Miss turns into quivering jelly as she explains to her Daddy about her Mum shoving her off, and Mr Blackbird attacking her with his beak. Her Daddy takes no notice, takes a couple of pecks of food and flies off.

Little Miss grooms herself, stretches her wings, and settles between the twigs of the feeder for a sleep it looks like.

Mrs Bluetit comes in for her food, but checks on Little Miss first, chides her for sleeping in the open, and so Little Miss gets up and feeds again.

My little Bluetit is doing an amazing job in caring for another species of bird.

Baby sparrow babysitting sitting duties again today, Little Miss was the first customer of the day, for the bird feeders, at 4:30 am...no cats yet, it is raining, cold, and windy...

Creative today. A kaleidoscope in Laboscope. I have some wheat growing in my garden, and this is of that and the Golden Box.

My cuppa tea didn't get cold this morning. I had an iced drink instead...it stayed cold...

image.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Dog walk shortly - then on the way to classes will drop off my clothes to the new seamstress. Will have to go a bit earlier than we usually do. Both dogs are snoring in the conservatory at the moment.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been in hospital much of May with a serious kidney infection.
Laterly they gaye me Covid 19 and decided to discharge me so I hope the duchess keeps free. Is everyone ok around here?

Derek
Good to hear from you and hope that you and the duchess sail safely through this latest bit of bumpy sea.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start here in the dark and dangerous north. Can I catch up with posts - no.
What a wonderful, if exhausting break up in the Fjords of Norway seeking the Norwegian Blue (beautiful plumage). A small ship that was able to get into more remote locations. A disappointing array of tourist tat on offer at stopping points but never mind, the scenery was what we were there for, not plastic trolls or the worlds supply of fridge magnets. “OOh! Let’s get a fridge magnet” - NO! I can report that 3.5 turns of the promenade deck gave you a mile walk.
Today, an eye test - it’s been over two years. Other than that, I shall continue to recover from the 22 hour availability of tasty titbits, G&T’s and canapés at 5.
Art - there was none but I managed a sketch yesterday - have a wonderful pre-bin day if you can. I am going to make some koffy.

upload_2022-5-25_7-48-39.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello on Wednesday everyone but the greeting is totally muted by the news of the senseless shooting in Texas. Primary school children - why? It isn't good enough to ignore the “depressing media” It is crying out for action to protect innocent lives not for ignoring and hoping it goes away. Anyhow. Good to see you back safely @dunelm. My, but that regime seems arduous so well done for coping and for calculating the mileage. Thanks for the art. @gennepher another amazingly detailed observation of the wildlife in your care and the kaleidoscope is a triumph darling, a triumph. @Krystyna23040 I hope the new seamstress is as good as she sounds. Yesterday's tempeh stir fry went well for taste and texture. I have no idea of how my bg reacted but just now Will S resonates with me:

Thou think’st ’tis much that this contentious storm
Invades us to the skin. So ’tis to thee.
But where the greater malady is fixed
The lesser is scarce felt. Thou’dst shun a bear,
But if thy flight lay toward the raging sea
Thou’dst meet the bear i' th' mouth.

A Gray day for some but spin you own day as you wish (Ramadhin and Valentine had nothing on this lot) - always being punctilious in your love and concern for others.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have and haven’t completed an LFT test this morning. Clear thankfully.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.2
Life returns to (ab) normal today in Tilehurst Towers, me, me’s and myself hope all your lives stay in the normal, but enjoyable nitch, it’s good to sea @dunelm has returned to dryish land and hopefully @lindisfel is up to posting again.
Now if you don’t mind it’s time to swear at and if possible kick a politician and journalist, the postman can have the free from me barking at him
Stay safe all

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello on Wednesday everyone but the greeting is totally muted by the news of the senseless shooting in Texas. Primary school children - why? It isn't good enough to ignore the “depressing media” It is crying out for action to protect innocent lives not for ignoring and hoping it goes away. Anyhow. Good to see you back safely @dunelm. My, but that regime seems arduous so well done for coping and for calculating the mileage. Thanks for the art. @gennepher another amazingly detailed observation of the wildlife in your care and the kaleidoscope is a triumph darling, a triumph. @Krystyna23040 I hope the new seamstress is as good as she sounds. Yesterday's tempeh stir fry went well for taste and texture. I have no idea of how my bg reacted but just now Will S resonates with me:

Thou think’st ’tis much that this contentious storm
Invades us to the skin. So ’tis to thee.
But where the greater malady is fixed
The lesser is scarce felt. Thou’dst shun a bear,
But if thy flight lay toward the raging sea
Thou’dst meet the bear i' th' mouth.

A Gray day for some but spin you own day as you wish (Ramadhin and Valentine had nothing on this lot) - always being punctilious in your love and concern for others.
Thanks @ianpspurs
For the compliments :happy:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start here in the dark and dangerous north. Can I catch up with posts - no.
What a wonderful, if exhausting break up in the Fjords of Norway seeking the Norwegian Blue (beautiful plumage). A small ship that was able to get into more remote locations. A disappointing array of tourist tat on offer at stopping points but never mind, the scenery was what we were there for, not plastic trolls or the worlds supply of fridge magnets. “OOh! Let’s get a fridge magnet” - NO! I can report that 3.5 turns of the promenade deck gave you a mile walk.
Today, an eye test - it’s been over two years. Other than that, I shall continue to recover from the 22 hour availability of tasty titbits, G&T’s and canapés at 5.
Art - there was none but I managed a sketch yesterday - have a wonderful pre-bin day if you can. I am going to make some koffy.

View attachment 54669
A great sketch @dunelm
Looks very detailed...
Hope eye test went well.
upload_2022-5-25_19-39-53.gif

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
MrSlim says tbe only cure for life is death.
Currently I feel like the worst woman in the world.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Little Miss, that little baby sparrow, decided to do a lot of walking on the ground yesterday, and I could see her rustling through the long grass and wild flowers. She has also discovered my vegetable garden where I have planted seeds...

That little sparrow has more lives than a cat...

Little Miss was the first at gennepher's bird diner today.

Midnight was the second customer of gennepher's cat diner. Something has upset Midnight. He has suddenly gone to being very cautious, and remaining hidden.

Shadow is missing. For two days now. She is always here every day, for the last two years at least...

Creative today with both Shadow and Midnight on, is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, of the little pink wild flower, Cranesbill.

Have a good day.

image.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Little Miss, that little baby sparrow, decided to do a lot of walking on the ground yesterday, and I could see her rustling through the long grass and wild flowers. She has also discovered my vegetable garden where I have planted seeds...

That little sparrow has more lives than a cat...

Little Miss was the first at gennepher's bird diner today.

Midnight was the second customer of gennepher's cat diner. Something has upset Midnight. He has suddenly gone to being very cautious, and remaining hidden.

Shadow is missing. For two days now. She is always here every day, for the last two years at least...

Creative today with both Shadow and Midnight on, is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, of the little pink wild flower, Cranesbill.

Have a good day.

View attachment 54681
Let’s hope that both Midnight and Shadow stay well. Lovely kaleidoscope, thank you for sharing.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A bright blue sky - other broadcasters are available- for Ascension Day in this area of The Exotic East. Yesterday I had hospital appointments in West Suffolk. I was amazed to see the staff cheering our PM to the echo, telling each other see, he's got our backs and weeping in sympathy for the people in No 10; unimaginable pressure was a common sentiment. The cleaners and security staff were especially happy - raising a toast everywhere I looked. Oh wait, I just read the leaflet with the painkillers I took. As you were. @SlimLizzy I hope today is better for you both. Lord knows you two deserve some joy for all the love you show those most in need. @gennepher thanks for the wildlife tales and the kaleidoscope. We have 3 grandchildren in our care today. Elsewhere the poo show goes on but that must never stop us all aiming for higher standards of respect, integrity and basic human decency than the cost of an Eton education seems to buy some. All schools have rotten apples so sorry any Old Etonians out there.

Last edited: