Freestyle libre 2 problems

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I was getting annoyed when I kept being told I did not meet the criteria for a Libre , but after reading on here all the problems people are having I think maybe i'll stick with the finger pricks !

Reactions: PaulAshby

rayray199

I was getting annoyed when I kept being told I did not meet the criteria for a Libre , but after reading on here all the problems people are having I think maybe i'll stick with the finger pricks !
i'm hoping to try something else once the nice guidelines reach loacl guidelines in my area.

Reactions: Andy41

Lakeslover

I started using libre 2 in March 21, had lots of sensor failures to begin with but Abbot always replaced them…even the one that failed at 13 1/2 days.

I’ve just checked and my last sensor failure was October. So 7-8 months of steady continuous use without problems. I use an iPhone 13 Pro, LibreLink and also run xDrip4ios alongside which turns it into a CGM and displays the readings on my Apple Watch.
Im in no hurry to change to Libre 3 as 2 now seems stable.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I started using libre 2 in March 21, had lots of sensor failures to begin with but Abbot always replaced them…even the one that failed at 13 1/2 days.

I’ve just checked and my last sensor failure was October. So 7-8 months of steady continuous use without problems. I use an iPhone 13 Pro, LibreLink and also run xDrip4ios alongside which turns it into a CGM and displays the readings on my Apple Watch.
Im in no hurry to change to Libre 3 as 2 now seems stable.
I called Abbott yesterday to ask about libre 2 being compatible with iPhone 13pro ( thinking of buying my first cell phone), and was told to ensure the phone doesn’t have iOS 15.5 as it’s system. They said 15.4 and below was fine but not 15.5.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Don’t abandon it. You are now eligible without restrictions. I see all these problems and have had only a handful myself. About 51/2 years into my Libre journey and love it. Abbott always replace faulty stuff. Am presently doing a trial for Abbott and wearing 3 sensors. 2 being the new Libre 3. They are tiny and I keep forgetting they are there.
My HBA1C has gone down every year since I started wearing it, and is now 41.
Have just got myself a compatible phone, which I love. But for the previous years have just used the basic reader without any fancy extra add ons. That too has worked well.

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This forum is also, largely speaking, a place to get help dealing with problems so you’re not going to see many forum topics about something working exactly as expected.

Mrs HJG

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I called Abbott yesterday to ask about libre 2 being compatible with iPhone 13pro ( thinking of buying my first cell phone), and was told to ensure the phone doesn’t have iOS 15.5 as it’s system. They said 15.4 and below was fine but not 15.5.
Thank you for posting this. I am getting my Libre training in a fortnight and my iPhone was ready to install 15.5, so I have stopped it doing that now - I think there is a shortage of the sensors at the moment, so without a working phone that would have put the kibosh on everything!

I can recommend iPhones for definite, and if you do get one, you might need to be careful what iOS it automatically upgrades to when you set it up, as 15.5 is the latest release. Did Abbott give any timeline for updating their app to remain compatible?

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for posting this. I am getting my Libre training in a fortnight and my iPhone was ready to install 15.5, so I have stopped it doing that now - I think there is a shortage of the sensors at the moment, so without a working phone that would have put the kibosh on everything!

I can recommend iPhones for definite, and if you do get one, you might need to be careful what iOS it automatically upgrades to when you set it up, as 15.5 is the latest release. Did Abbott give any timeline for updating their app to remain compatible?
They guy I spoke to said they are working on it but didn’t have a date yet.

Reactions: Mrs HJG

lois240957

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will be starting to use the sensors soon and I have a Samsung phone. I have not got a clue what to do until I start my training. So will be asking you guys a lot of questions

Stu9876

I too am being moved onto the libre. Previously didn't meet criteria, but my funny turn has changed that.

Are the NHS rolling out the 3 yet? I have a huawei p30 Pro and gt watch 2 so trying to figure out if I'll need to change my set up.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Loads of videos about and how to use Libre2 on YouTube. If you watch via Chrome. Install ad blocker on desk/laptop. Saves them popping up throughout. Wouldn't be without mine. Would love Libre3 thou. Thankfully we live in a rich country like the UK.

Tim Hot

I have 15.5 on my IPHONE and it seems to be working perfectly with the Libre2.

Me too. Started Libra in February this year and had many issues with sensor not reading. Eventually replaced phone as bc with new sensor too it’s the best it’s been now. Still odd can’t read sensor messages but mostly working well now with iOS 15.5 too

Reactions: Ipodlistener

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Me too. Started Libra in February this year and had many issues with sensor not reading. Eventually replaced phone as bc with new sensor too it’s the best it’s been now. Still odd can’t read sensor messages but mostly working well now with iOS 15.5 too
The can't read for 10 minutes error is when your BG is rising/ falling quickly. More often than not rising for me

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Even though the red warning symbol keeps appearing the alarm seems to work ATM

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Given that NICE have now approved use of Freestyle Libre for T2 diabetics on insulin you must qualify. They've already approved it's use for all T1's so insist they let you try it. It's not all good, my Libre 2's regularly don't alarm but they do let you check your levels much more often. Go for it!

Steve_

538BD9C5-99F3-43B6-A30B-49C92E2F0DAF.jpeg
Hi

I've had been using freestyle libre for about 2 yrs, just got version 2 which has the alarm system for high and low blood glucose. My first sensor was fine, changed it on Monday as per the end of 14 days and since then (it is connected to my samsung phone) it continues to say the alarm is unable to work as some notification or permission has not been authorised. I have spent the past 2 days checking every notification and permission, changed the sensor last night for another (still saying it cant work) even been to a phone shop to buy a new phone but was assured the senor is compatible Samsung J6. MY partner who teachers tech at university level is pulling his hair out, he said the blue tooth wasn't connected but the more he looks into this the more frustrated he is becoming. I have spoken to Abbot who have offered a replacement sensor but the problem is still there, constant reminders on my phone telling me the alarm cant work as permission is not given. Anyone using libre 2 with success ?

Hi,
If your getting the same error (shown in the image). There is a easy fix for this that doesn’t involve uninstalling/reinstalling of the LibreLink app or replacing the libre 2 sensor.

1. open the librelink app.
2. Select the icon of the 3 horizontal lines (top left).
3. Select alarms.
4. You will see the the ‘Alarms Unavailable’ error message.
5. Select settings.
6. Make sure all settings are ticked including ‘Allow notification dot’ found under the Advanced drop down menu at the bottom.
7. Select the green back arrow to go back.
8. Select low glucose alarm / high glucose alarm / signal loss alarm.
9. Check toggle is set to on.
10. Select alarm tone under sounds.
11. Check show notifications toggle is set to on.
12. Select ‘Behaviour’.
13. Select ‘Make sound and pop up on screen’.
14. Select ‘Advanced’.
15. Select’ Sound’ to select required sound.
16. Select OK.
17. Make sure all toggles are on.
18. Select green back arrow to go back.
19. Select back arrow.
20. Repeat steps 8 - 20 for low, high and signal loss alarms.

Hope this was of some help.

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 56108

Hi,
If your getting the same error (shown in the image). There is a easy fix for this that doesn’t involve uninstalling/reinstalling of the LibreLink app or replacing the libre 2 sensor.

1. open the librelink app.
2. Select the icon of the 3 horizontal lines (top left).
3. Select alarms.
4. You will see the the ‘Alarms Unavailable’ error message.
5. Select settings.
6. Make sure all settings are ticked including ‘Allow notification dot’ found under the Advanced drop down menu at the bottom.
7. Select the green back arrow to go back.
8. Select low glucose alarm / high glucose alarm / signal loss alarm.
9. Check toggle is set to on.
10. Select alarm tone under sounds.
11. Check show notifications toggle is set to on.
12. Select ‘Behaviour’.
13. Select ‘Make sound and pop up on screen’.
14. Select ‘Advanced’.
15. Select’ Sound’ to select required sound.
16. Select OK.
17. Make sure all toggles are on.
18. Select green back arrow to go back.
19. Select back arrow.
20. Repeat steps 8 - 20 for low, high and signal loss alarms.

Hope this was of some help.
Had the same problem but your advice has sorted it out, cheers

Steve_

Hello I've just read this I've had the libre 2 for 3 months. And I'm having exactly the same happen. I was even thinking of changing my phone. When it was 1st set up was totally fine and then this week its saying alarms unavailable but alarm went off last night wen it went low. Spoke to Abbott yesterday and thy are sending me a new sensor. They went through every check wiv me on the phone and my setup was fine. So even though it says alarms unavailable it still alarming me. Can't make it out. Did you resolve the issue in the end. I'm at a loss with ut, apart from that it's brilliant.