Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Anyone using this pen and if so how do you find it

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have the Novo Pen Echo as a back up to my insulin pump.
It seems to be a robust reusable pen that dispenses half units and records the dose to remind you when it was taken..
I use it rarely and the battery for the memory has expired after about 5 years. Apart from that, I have no problems.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone using this pen and if so how do you find it

Hi there,

Great robust reusable pen.. Never lets me down. (Though I do have a fair few spares.) carried in all scenarios. Work, leisure, whatever..

They have come a long way since the early Novopens in the late 1980s. Lol, had a ballet dancer sit on one of the early models.
Long story college. Put my stuff on a chair next to me?
Didn’t do it any favours.

If I remember right. You model has Bluetooth?

Mine has the previous dose memory which is useful. But I tend to log any data manually shared on an app with carbs & BGs cross IOS & Android platforms..

Microbe99

Yes it's available in UK but trying to get 1 on prescription is not easy. I ended up asking my pharmacy to order 1 for me and I paid £38 for it.
It's very similar to the previous echo pen but the display end of the pen is slightly larger and the display shows the dose and a count up timer since last use in hours, minutes and seconds and is very clear which is much better than the old 1 hour time blocks.
You can also upload the data to an app to see the last few weeks worth of injections which I use to investigate unexpected highs or lows, just to make sure I gave myself the correct dose.
Overall I like it a lot.