Ozempic user side efects

Isla15

I am two weeks in and third injection yesterday on lowest dose of Ozempic. I’ve been T2 for 19 years and my Hba1c not responding to my current meds. I stopped Linagliptin to begin injections of above. Injection pain free and initially no side effects were noted except I find I get full sooner when eating. What I don’t like is sudden onset diarrhoea which has occurred a little after eating and requires urgent need to go to the toilet. I had a distressing accident when out with family on a walk - the only saving grace was that at sons house I was able to shower and have replacement clothes!! We go away next week and I’m very worried about it happening again. It’s has happened at home where I can prevent an accident. Has anyone else had similar? Is it worth persevering? My diabetic nurse is due to ring me for update when I’m sure she will won’t me to go on the next dose 0.5. Advice please.

Reactions: pms543
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to you,

I have started back on my ozempic as my blood sugar going up n not comming back down so hopefully going to work again 3rd time lucky and hopefully loose weight at the same time.

Sparklebright62

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
I am two weeks in and third injection yesterday on lowest dose of Ozempic. I’ve been T2 for 19 years and my Hba1c not responding to my current meds. I stopped Linagliptin to begin injections of above. Injection pain free and initially no side effects were noted except I find I get full sooner when eating. What I don’t like is sudden onset diarrhoea which has occurred a little after eating and requires urgent need to go to the toilet. I had a distressing accident when out with family on a walk - the only saving grace was that at sons house I was able to shower and have replacement clothes!! We go away next week and I’m very worried about it happening again. It’s has happened at home where I can prevent an accident. Has anyone else had similar? Is it worth persevering? My diabetic nurse is due to ring me for update when I’m sure she will won’t me to go on the next dose 0.5. Advice please.

This EXACT thing happened to me! Please can I ask what happened? Did you persevere or did you come off it?

Reactions: katie505

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm now on Ozempic for 21 weeks or about 5 months. I have only just started to go to more than 0.5 mg/week. I've been giving myself 2 injections / week one of 15 clicks (= 3days of dosing) & one of 20 clicks (= 4 days of dosing). I've just upped my dose by 1 click / day. For those that don't know 36 clicks = 0.5mg. So I've shorted myself by 1 click / week to give myself even dosages..

It is only because my weight loss has been stalling that I've upped my dosage.. The side effects at times can be tricky to handle but as time has gone on for me, it has gotten easier for me to cope. I'm not a big fan of roaring into getting my dosage up to 1mg because I've read of lots of folks having the nasty side effects. I hope this adds to the conversation.

Here's my weight loss chart since January.

Weight-loss-Chart 5-31-2022.jpg