What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, so much to ponder over in the postings today.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.8 hmmm have to think about this one.
The art work today is delightfully splendiferous, Mrs J has just informed me that slendiferous is a proper word drat failed again in my use of the engrish language.
Now let’s get technical, anybody with half a brain and has had to perform serious scientific and technical calculations will realise that the S.I. Unit system is much easier to use than the pre 1970/1971 Imperial system. Possibly this issue is being used as distraction and or a bit of free media coverage.
One of the great pleasures in my life is making a stranger smile, irrespective as to how I really feel and me, me’s and myself try to avoid deliberate negativity or doom and gloom hence my loathing of the media. This getting serious so I will sign off and get my 10:30 constant, 10:30 cup of tea, the tea is the constant the time is the variable. Yep time is a variable.
Think I shall go looking for a politician and be nice to them, their that should ruin their day.
Stay safe all
Ah, splendiferous - I thought all words were proper if you could write them down, grernumfernum springs to mind. Smokescreens and mirrors will now come in firkins and jeroboams - don’t spill the wine down your wall.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh! Expansion and entrepreneurship with cleverly conceived cat self grooming parlour and art installation. Companionability abounds with food and grooming. Whatever next.
:happy:
It all is happening in gennepher's garden @dunelm
Thank you!

Edit - and I have been told that the birds will take the cat hair to line their nests.
So, this becomes 'gennepher's cat self grooming parlour, which self cleans'...

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since we are in danger of falling for the many not at all subtle distraction theft diversions now on offer have a - sub Hogarth/Gilray but- brilliantly accurate summary of the absurdity of UK "Middle England" just now.. Then maybe park it and get on with The People's Priorities: as defined by who exactly? Is Saving Big Dog really THE priority.? At least saving private Ryan had a noble purpose but both went on far too long.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-31 10.00.00.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-31 10.00.00.png
    508.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. fbs today at 8.10am was 11.1. :banghead: Evening meal was at at 6pm. A small cube of cheese at 8pm then nothing else before bed. Tested at midnight and was 9.8. The only change to food/ lifestyle was the trial of statins for 4 months which corresponded with a sudden increase but I stopped taking them over 3 weeks ago and levels are still raised. (They were higher than normal for some time before the statins but increased significantly whilst taking them). Enough rambling from me!:sorry: Not long to go for Jubilee celebrations.:singing: Red, white and blue clothing and flags already located, plants and flowers ready, jigsaw completed and balloons & crepe paper for streamers at the ready to be prepared should they be required. Already invited to 2 local outdoor celebrations. Take your own picnic so that's OK and a good opportunity to meet new people. Enjoy your long bank holiday whatever you have planned. Best wishes to you all. :)

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Had a lovely walk around Sutton Hoo yesterday.then on to our hotel at Orford. It is Archie dogs favourite hotel. We are in one of the garden rooms so sat on our private patio in the garden in the sunshine before having a superb dinner. I had Sea Bass.

This morning we walked for nearly 7 miles around Orford. Part of our package at the hotel was a picnic hamper - which we ate sitting on the patio in the sunshine at.lunchtime. A variety of smoked fish from Pinneys Smokehouse (prawns, salmon etc) and homemade scones with jam and clotted cream.

I am afraid I secumbed to temptation and ate a scone. It was definitely worth it - even though fbs will probably be rubbish tomorrow.

It was supposed to rain heavily this afternoon but we are still sitting on our patio in the sunshine. Getting a bit chillier now so will move back into our room very shortly.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Had a lovely walk around Sutton Hoo yesterday.then on to our hotel at Orford. It is Archie dogs favourite hotel. We are in one of the garden rooms so sat on our private patio in the garden in the sunshine before having a superb dinner. I had Sea Bass.

This morning we walked for nearly 7 miles around Orford. Part of our package at the hotel was a picnic hamper - which we ate sitting on the patio in the sunshine at.lunchtime. A variety of smoked fish from Pinneys Smokehouse (prawns, salmon etc) and homemade scones with jam and clotted cream.

I am afraid I secumbed to temptation and ate a scone. It was definitely worth it - even though fbs will probably be rubbish tomorrow.

It was supposed to rain heavily this afternoon but we are still sitting on our patio in the sunshine. Getting a bit chillier now so will move back into our room very shortly.
Good news on the rain holding off and Archie managing to book his favourite hotel. Just remember how much you enjoyed the scone and have a lapse of memory over taking the fbg tomorrow. Sue Gray will investigate and find you innocent.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sounds amazing @Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news on the rain holding off and Archie managing to book his favourite hotel. Just remember how much you enjoyed the scone and have a lapse of memory over taking the fbg tomorrow. Sue Gray will investigate and find you innocent.
Yes, @ianpspurs - very good advice. I really enjoyed the scone. It is nice to 'go off the rails ' once in a blue moon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Sounds great. Don’t go to the Pit Rivers museum - nothing worth seeing now that they have removed the shrunken heads. The Ashmolean is nice though and the rooftop restaurant is worth a visit.

Edit: Although this may not be of use today, it will be if you go to the correct location :):angelic::grumpy::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds great. Don’t go to the Pit Rivers museum - nothing worth seeing now that they have removed the shrunken heads. The Ashmolean is nice though and the rooftop restaurant is worth a visit.
ORFORD. Someone perhaps should have gone to Specsavers.:angelic:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
ORFORD. Someone perhaps should have gone to Specsavers.:angelic:
The location might be up for grabs, but unfortunately the comment on the Pitt Rivers museum in Oxford holds good. As a school boy I spent many hours in the Pitt Rivers lost in wonder. Now I avoid the place.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight for dinner had chalk stream trout with cashew nuts and broccoli. Delicious. I was tempted by the panna cotta but managed to resist it and had coffee instead. Hopefully that helps fbs tomorrow.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Jojo85

Hello all,

Sorry I have been away a few days. Not doing the best mentally. I did a pap smear test and a routine blood check yesterday. I get extremely anxious waiting for results. I have medical anxiety and waiting for results puts me in a downward spiral :(
Does anyone feel like this too when going to the drs etc? I can't sleep or eat well until I see the Dr again.

I Hope everyone else has been well xo

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all,

Sorry I have been away a few days. Not doing the best mentally. I did a pap smear test and a routine blood check yesterday. I get extremely anxious waiting for results. I have medical anxiety and waiting for results puts me in a downward spiral :(
Does anyone feel like this too when going to the drs etc? I can't sleep or eat well until I see the Dr again.

Yes, I feel in exactly the same way for any medical appointment @Jojo85

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Woke up at dawn this morning, and no Midnight on the swing, so I did a few odd jobs first.

Then I went out to start the Cat Diner. But Midnight had been on the swing all along, he was on the other end of the swing which I could not see from my bedroom. He was on a new pile of my old clothes that I had put there.

Midnight miaowed happily at me.

I went in and made my hot cup of tea and then came back to the bed to see what was happening at the cat diner and the bird feeders.

I was just in time to see what's appeared to be like Little Miss (teenage sparrow) chasing Mr Blackbird out as a garden. Strange...

Second later Little Miss was back at the fatball feeders. She sat there quietly, covered by the rose leaves which are beginning to grow over the fatball feeder.

Mr Blackbird flew in again, and landed on the twig by the fatball feeder and began feeding. Little Miss crept out from under the rose leaves and said something to Mr Blackbird whereupon he flew away, closely followed by Little Miss.

So it is looking like she is chasing him out of the garden.

Little Miss returns immediately and she hides in the rose leaves again. A few moments later Mr Blackbird comes in and lands on the bird table, whereupon Little Miss flies from under the bird table like a banshee and aggressively chases Mr Blackbird out of the garden.

With bated breath I wait for Little Miss to return to the garden. A few moments later, she does. I can breathe again, and I take a sip of my tea. It is stone cold.

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon) was watching these proceedings from another part of the garden, and decided to leave of his own free will...

I go to the kitchen and make another cuppa, but the ice maker has just finished a batch of ice, so I opt for an iced drink instead.

I return to bed and Midnight was waiting for me, on the other side of my glass door. He sees me get into bed, and then settles down on the coir mat outside for a sleep (he's not done that before).

I take a sip of my iced drink, and promptly fall asleep It is not even 6 am yet...

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. It is of some delicate grass I always knew as Cottle grass. But as I am deaf (born deaf), only lipreading as a child, I may have wrongly learnt to lipread the name. I was always asking for names of things as a child, and it would take ages for someone to teach me how to speak a new word, but after a few tries people would give up. I cannot find the name Cottle grass on the Internet, but other names for it. Has the name changed over the years? Or, did I never have the name right in the first place?

Going to make another tea...are there any plants that like watering with tea? I might as well start a tea bucket..

image.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Sorry to read that you suffer with anxiety. It’s a nasty state of mind so hope you can find some distraction and centring techniques that can help you.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Yes @Jojo85 I start getting stressed from the moment I open the appointment letter.