What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

Woke up at dawn this morning, and no Midnight on the swing, so I did a few odd jobs first.

Then I went out to start the Cat Diner. But Midnight had been on the swing all along, he was on the other end of the swing which I could not see from my bedroom. He was on a new pile of my old clothes that I had put there.

Midnight miaowed happily at me.

I went in and made my hot cup of tea and then came back to the bed to see what was happening at the cat diner and the bird feeders.

I was just in time to see what's appeared to be like Little Miss (teenage sparrow) chasing Mr Blackbird out as a garden. Strange...

Second later Little Miss was back at the fatball feeders. She sat there quietly, covered by the rose leaves which are beginning to grow over the fatball feeder.

Mr Blackbird flew in again, and landed on the twig by the fatball feeder and began feeding. Little Miss crept out from under the rose leaves and said something to Mr Blackbird whereupon he flew away, closely followed by Little Miss.

So it is looking like she is chasing him out of the garden.

Little Miss returns immediately and she hides in the rose leaves again. A few moments later Mr Blackbird comes in and lands on the bird table, whereupon Little Miss flies from under the bird table like a banshee and aggressively chases Mr Blackbird out of the garden.

With bated breath I wait for Little Miss to return to the garden. A few moments later, she does. I can breathe again, and I take a sip of my tea. It is stone cold.

Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon) was watching these proceedings from another part of the garden, and decided to leave of his own free will...

I go to the kitchen and make another cuppa, but the ice maker has just finished a batch of ice, so I opt for an iced drink instead.

I return to bed and Midnight was waiting for me, on the other side of my glass door. He sees me get into bed, and then settles down on the coir mat outside for a sleep (he's not done that before).

I take a sip of my iced drink, and promptly fall asleep It is not even 6 am yet...

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. It is of some delicate grass I always knew as Cottle grass. But as I am deaf (born deaf), only lipreading as a child, I may have wrongly learnt to lipread the name. I was always asking for names of things as a child, and it would take ages for someone to teach me how to speak a new word, but after a few tries people would give up. I cannot find the name Cottle grass on the Internet, but other names for it. Has the name changed over the years? Or, did I never have the name right in the first place?

Going to make another tea...are there any plants that like watering with tea? I might as well start a tea bucket..

View attachment 54797
It’s all happening early doors and your patience with Midnight seems to be paying off. Not heard of Cottle Grass but it makes a wonderful kaleidoscope

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under a sky of two halves here in the dark and dangerous north. Will it rain or will it shine ?
Must organise myself for bin day tomorrow. If only I was paying attention I would know what bin(s) to put out. Best wait and see what the neighbours will do this evening. This new age bin lark is so complicated - sigh!
Off to Durham City again today - my little car is ready - no tax to pay, yipee! Sister in Law is taking me up so best treat her to lunch.
Art bit - yesterdays but in colour. Have a splendid day if you can. Should I have a second koffy - sure, why not.

upload_2022-6-1_7-7-27.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After sconegate BS stayed at 14.5 for 3 hours. After the trout dinner it dropped to 4.2.

This morning it was 5.4 thank goodness.

Yesterday we walked 19,580 steps. Just over 9 miles which must have helped fbs. Unfortunately it didn't help the super high reading after the scone.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from under a sky of two halves here in the dark and dangerous north. Will it rain or will it shine ?
Must organise myself for bin day tomorrow. If only I was paying attention I would know what bin(s) to put out. Best wait and see what the neighbours will do this evening. This new age bin lark is so complicated - sigh!
Off to Durham City again today - my little car is ready - no tax to pay, yipee! Sister in Law is taking me up so best treat her to lunch.
Art bit - yesterdays but in colour. Have a splendid day if you can. Should I have a second koffy - sure, why not.

View attachment 54798
I checked on the council site because we are due Black bin rubbish collection on Thursday and so I wondered if it might be cancelled because of this Jubilee stuff. But it said Black bin collection as normal for Thursday @dunelm
But I too will be checking the neighbours first (I was once responsible for putting the wrong bin out, and the neighbours followed what I did...)
New car sounds amazing!
Arty bit great in colour (and I like just black and white too). I think this works well in both colour and black and white.
Have a good day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After sconegate BS stayed at 14.5 for 3 hours. After the trout dinner it dropped to 4.2.

This morning it was 5.4 thank goodness.

Yesterday we walked 19,580 steps. Just over 9 miles which must have helped fbs. Unfortunately it didn't help the super high reading after the scone.
Mine is #creamcakegate @Krystyna23040 just occasionally, and I get the same kind of rise in BS afterwards, but it always goes down a few hours later.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone on what is allegedly the first day of meteorological summer here in The Exotic East of Ingerland. New washing machine due in 30 minutes - so much excitement. My posts are usually too long and rambling - sorry. @Jojo85 hugs, prayers and thoughts with you. @gennepher thanks for the tale and the kaleidoscope. I use tea leaves on Julie's roses if that is any use. @dunelm enjoy Durham and the new runaround. Are your bin collection days not disrupted by Jubilee celebrations - our Thursday collection is now Saturday. @Krystyna23040 great bouncebackability from #sconegate. 19k+ steps - almost a week for me just now. My best day was June 16 2020 - 31k+. Have a great day everyone. I will try to make mine as holy and wholesome as possible. They both matter far more than having pleasure but are and always have been the cause of real, lasting joy for me. The problem being I only have any reliable guidance on the first part of that and spoil that through negligence, weakness and my own deliberate fault.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone on what is allegedly the first day of meteorological summer here in The Exotic East of Ingerland. New washing machine due in 30 minutes - so much excitement. My posts are usually too long and rambling - sorry. @Jojo85 hugs, prayers and thoughts with you. @gennepher thanks for the tale and the kaleidoscope. I use tea leaves on Julie's roses if that is any use. @dunelm enjoy Durham and the new runaround. Are your bin collection days not disrupted by Jubilee celebrations - our Thursday collection is now Saturday. @Krystyna23040 great bouncebackability from #sconegate. 19k+ steps - almost a week for me now. My best day was June 16 2020 - 31k+. Have a great day everyone. I will try to make mine as holy and healthy as possible - the problem being I only have any reliable guidance on the first part of that and spoil that through negligence, weakness and my own deliberate fault.
Okay @ianpspurs I will try it on the roses...

Different councils seem to be doing different things for Thursday. When I saw that we still have Thursday for wheelie day, I have visions of the bin men wading through Jubilee celebrations to get the wheelies.

Thanks

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay @ianpspurs I will try it on the roses...

Different councils seem to be doing different things for Thursday. When I saw that we still have Thursday for wheelie day, I have visions of the bin men wading through Jubilee celebrations to get the wheelies.

Thanks
Crime wave alert. Drunk in charge of a bin lorry whilst eating Jubilee trifle surges to the top of the crime charts. Priti deports bin lorry drivers to Rwanda and causes cholera outbreak from rotting waste. You read it here first. (Tea leaves work. Teabags are a major rat attraction.)
Edited to make it Pritier

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who overslept ( again) this Morening.
Blood sugars this morning were 5.8
What a strange day so far here in Tilehurst Towers, oversleeping means something has to be delayed and or postponed, managed to get 30 minutes plinky plonky practice in before my lesson in town, which was full of half term children and their parents ugh.
After my lesson I popped into the walk-in covid vaccination centre in town to check on a email I had received about my 5th jab, got grabbed by a random doctor who took down my details, no not my trousers and then she proceeded to give me my 5th jab….I only went to ask a question, so here I sit jabbed up wondering what is going to happen next. For the nosey this was the Moderna vaccine and a booster shot, I will be due a 6th dose at some random time in the future.
Well I am now back in Tilehurst Towers under full supervision, shortly I will have to prepare our dustbin for tomorrow’s national bin day also a neighbour’s bin. Life is full of excitement if you set your sights low enough.
Stay safe all.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hello all,

Sorry I have been away a few days. Not doing the best mentally. I did a pap smear test and a routine blood check yesterday. I get extremely anxious waiting for results. I have medical anxiety and waiting for results puts me in a downward spiral :(
Does anyone feel like this too when going to the drs etc? I can't sleep or eat well until I see the Dr again.

I Hope everyone else has been well xo
Ah doctors and anxiety, I can’t offer serious helpful advice, but sometimes distraction helps. Mentally I usually run various scenarios avoiding the internetty. Hopefully this might help you smile, one my practice GPs and myself used to argue, we had great fun, I called him Gruntfuttock and he called me Mr Josiah. He has retired now. I still miss him.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Crime wave alert. Drunk in charge of a bin lorry whilst eating Jubilee trifle surges to the top of the crime charts. Priti deports bin lorry drivers to Rwanda and causes cholera outbreak from rotting waste. You read it here first. (Tea leaves work. Teabags are a major rat attraction.)
Edited to make it Pritier
I don't know what is going on now here @ianpspurs
I have just returned from being out all day in the retail park with my friend, among a screaming melee of wild uncontrollable children of all ages. Apparently it is half term.
I called the day short, I'd had enough. My head was banging, all my cochlear hearing processor did was amplify in detail the children's strident screaming, and now my tinnitus has learnt a cacophony of new noises.

But the thing was, there were no wheelie bins out here apart from one lady at the bottom of the caul de sac.
And some idiot has already put bunting out, criss crossing the road, thus preventing any possible entry of the bin wagon into this cul-de-sac Thursday morning. I now check again online and the local government site, which now says we cannot give you any information about wheelie collection. My wheelie rubbish bin is full. I cannot manage another two weeks, where do I put my rubbish?

There are no children living in this cul-de-sac, so any street party will be an evening one...

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know what is going on now here @ianpspurs
I have just returned from being out all day in the retail park with my friend, among a screaming melee of wild uncontrollable children of all ages. Apparently it is half term.
I called the day short, I'd had enough. My head was banging, all my cochlear hearing processor did was amplify in detail the children's strident screaming, and now my tinnitus has learnt a cacophony of new noises.

But the thing was, there were no wheelie bins out here apart from one lady at the bottom of the caul de sac.
And some idiot has already put bunting out, criss crossing the road, thus preventing any possible entry of the bin wagon into this cul-de-sac Thursday morning. I now check again online and the local government site, which now says we cannot give you any information about wheelie collection. My wheelie rubbish bin is full. I cannot manage another two weeks, where do I put my rubbish?

There are no children living in this cul-de-sac, so any street party will be an evening one...
Hug for the trying day. Waste collection rescheduling is very easy here - see attached. No use to you but why don't all authorities simplify matters?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-01 18.28.16.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-01 18.28.16.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 32

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for the trying day. Waste collection rescheduling is very easy here - see attached. No use to you but why don't all authorities simplify matters?
You are right @ianpspurs it is no use to me.
But surely common sense says that because of jubilee parties etc, it may not be desirable to have a whopping big bin wagon come down the street as the children are playing and running around. So your authority seems to be a sensible one.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry @Jojo85
On the anxiety front .

Really can be hard to get a hold of it sometimes

Sure we all have our own best method, but 2 come to mind for me .

One was to make list of what worries me, etc.
Then try to work out if it's REAL = going to or likely to happen
Or
Hypothetical= a possibility.

The other, is I visually see my problems / worries like cars, traffic.

When I get overwhelmed I'm too near the traffic
So I visually place myself on a nearby hill overlooking it all.

It's more peaceful & I can see the traffic more clearly .

Helps me identify WHAT I'm anxious over, then it's into REAL or HYPOTHETICAL.

And a new category since crash
Is what I call out of my hands .

If I decide it's real, but I can't do anything about it right now, then it's out of my hands..I'm powerless to do anything about it

Then I find it easier to just repeat that phrase and let it go

Not as easy as it sounds, I'm sure you know
But works better for me then getting myself all wound up.

Hth.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

Ok but looong day .

Poor night's sleep so pointless doing fbg

Off to hospital 930 am
Arrive plenty of time
Register and ask if I need x-ray because I think I do

No.
You sure, want to check..?

Not on your notes, says grumpy nurse
Ok..cheers

30 mins past appointment get called to move from waiting room A. To waiting room B.
(Why do that ...it was packed :rolleyes: )

Wait another while to get called out, and told i DO need x-ray :banghead::banghead::banghead:

30 minutes wait, then it's the dance of they x-ray machine, as they remotely manouvere it all over the shop to snap all my broken bits.

Nurses mentions it's an unusual leg break .
I say I've been told but haven't seen x-rays yet

oh my days, she calls me to look .xxxx

Metal rod, 2 screw's either end ..and 3 breaks
Top middle & bottom :wideyed::sorry::grumpy:

Back to doc to wait another hour.
Last to get called in again :arghh:

Good news is recent pain doesn't alarm him
Good physical once over of all knees mobility,, up down SIDE TO SIDE :wideyed::wideyed::arghh: etc

Could be number of things, so they'll keep a close eye on it ....phew :)

Bad news is middle break doesn't look to be healing well
Might be poor x-ray, CT scan scheduled to check
Bloods ordered to check it's not an infection

So off to get bloods done . Another 30 mins there & waiting

Finish, call Uber
12 minutes away .
Then drives past me when he gets to hospital :banghead::banghead:.

Did come back, tho.

All in.. out at 930 1040 appt
Home by 415..:bag:..but all done .until next time

Stay safe
Enjoy the jubilee
And hugs those close.
Trust me, do it today :happy:

Last edited: