Talk to me about your smart watch

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought I would come back and update on what I went for in case it’s useful information for anyone else considering this.

I am using xDrip4io5 which is not available on the App Store, only through Test Flight. There is a Facebook group who are very helpful in getting this set up.

I have this on an iPhone X, with an Apple Watch SE. XDrip can create calendar events, which means you can display your BG on any watch face which has the calendar as part of the display.

I do still need to have the phone in range of the sensor as the signal goes sensor>phone>watch, but the range is pretty good. Can get through a wall or two in the house, and when I’m out most of the time my phone is in my bag so no issues.

And from a management point of view I’ve found it a real game changer to be able to see it at a glance discreetly without having to scan. You can also set alerts for different times of day, so I have mine set to beep in the night when I start to go low - this means I can wake up and fix a potential hypo early rather than waiting for my body to wake me. The level of customisation is really very good.

Reactions: Lakeslover

blao

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,
I use libre 1 with miao miao with xdrip and the smartwatch Sony SWR50. With my current setting I can use the phone with Bluetooth or the smartwatch with NFC. During the day I leave the phone at home and my smartwatch gets automatically activated through NFC. Once back home I switch the smartphone on and all the information is transferred from my smartwatch.
Now I have a problem with miao miao transmitter and I wish to try libre2 transmitter-free! About smartwatch I recommend to use the SWR50, it's an hard worker and never let me down!

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a iPhone. I downloaded the free ‘Shuggah’ app on the App Store and it has a setting where you can display your blood sugar readings on your calendar/schedule. Then you choose a watch face on your Apple Watch that displays your calendar, and your blood sugar comes up on your watch. You can also select the watch to display an alerts from the app. Hope this helps!

Edit- additional- the app connects to your device (mine is a Libre) via Bluetooth

Reactions: Livosuction

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Watches are a pain.. if I look in my bedside draw there is at least a dozen different ones

The best are apple and Samsung I'm my opinion and I tend to switch between the 2 depending on my preference of phone... I have however not used an app phone or watch for about 7 months as tome goes by I like android more as an os

Apple watches are the easiest to get the data on in the first place but the least reliable with updating the data as complications are limited to how often the can update in an hour the only exclusion is the calendar complication which is why some apps create a calendar entry fir the bg as that the only complication that's unrestricted

My favorite watch at the moment is the Samsung galaxy watch 4 for which I use xdrip plus setup is a little more complicated depending on what you want to achieve but is more reliable with updates

I've not mention fitbit or other fitness trackers as I don't really consider them 'smart watches'

My current favorite watch face is the simpler of the 2...but I sometime like the more complicated display... but the simple one is easier without glaases
0112e2679cd44110191a849f5e88d0ac.jpg
16cc9be0b43ccf4aa316acee58bf3a39.jpg

Reactions: Ledzeptt