Travelling with Insulin Pump

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Need some advice please just realised my letter explaining I’m on pump and can’t go through scanner at airport has my old pump on it Roche accuchek I’m on now on Medtronic 640g, do we think this will be an issue? As my team are hard to get hold of over phone email etc and I travel at weekend. Thank you

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Need some advice please just realised my letter explaining I’m on pump and can’t go through scanner at airport has my old pump on it Roche accuchek I’m on now on Medtronic 640g, do we think this will be an issue? As my team are hard to get hold of over phone email etc and I travel at weekend. Thank you
I wouldn't think so as wouldn't think security staff would know one pump from another. Hope you have a brilliant break!

Reactions: Tracyann35

Niamh30

Hi Traceyann my brother is on the same pump as you are on and he went through the airport security without any issue. Make sure you get a letter from your doctor to say what medication you are on and all you have to do is show them this at the airport what my brother did at the airport he told them he had a pump and they scanned it and he had no problems
Hope you have a lovely holiday

Reactions: Tracyann35

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Traceyann my brother is on the same pump as you are on and he went through the airport security without any issue. Make sure you get a letter from your doctor to say what medication you are on and all you have to do is show them this at the airport what my brother did at the airport he told them he had a pump and they scanned it and he had no problems
Hope you have a lovely holiday

Awww thank you for this