Gliclazide on a low carb diet

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So my fasting figure this morning (tested twice on two different testers) was 8.2. Which is the lowest fasting figure I’ve had for 6 months. My frustration is due to the complete unpredictably of my results, the only common aspect is my figures seem to be higher in the evening after my main meal, and I am watching tv relaxing after a day at work. Maybe I will try some exercise after my meal. Diabetes is so frustrating
Some low intensity exercise after a meal is a great strategy to use up the glycogen in the muscles. I'd recommend cycling, walking, tennis, dancing or swimming rather than higher intensity exercise or weights training. This will hopefully be stress relieving rather than exhausting so build it up if this isn't your normal habit.
And well done on the progress so far. Insulin resistance can take a while to shift especially if you are looking at results at a micro (daily) level.

Reactions: Numan

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cycle normally but haven’t over the last three weeks, due to holidays and working late. Thanks for the encouragement

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I cycle normally but haven’t over the last three weeks, due to holidays and working late. Thanks for the encouragement
Great. I cycle/commute daily whilst listening to a good book (don't judge me)!

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So my fasting figure this morning (tested twice on two different testers) was 8.2. Which is the lowest fasting figure I’ve had for 6 months. My frustration is due to the complete unpredictably of my results, the only common aspect is my figures seem to be higher in the evening after my main meal, and I am watching tv relaxing after a day at work. Maybe I will try some exercise after my meal. Diabetes is so frustrating
Do what I did. I put my readings into a spreadsheet, and then drew graphs to show a declining value. I also used the trend analysis tool to emphasise this. Then I showed my GP and he has supported me ever since. That was 5 years ago, and I am still below Diabetic hbA1c but still diabetic. Seems your liver is getting used to lower sugar levels.