I need to know if this tikka sauce is ok?

Nodemus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Low carb company I had full jar
It’s 6.5g per 100g the jar is 350g I think

Is this a good sauce to have are there better versions out there?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Is this a good sauce to have are there better versions out there?

I guess your blood sugar results will tell you whether your body could cope with it? Depending on what else you had in the way of carbs at the same time? That's 21g of carbs in the jar.

Nodemus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep is a no my sugars went up from 6.8 to 11.8 mmol

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I just had a look at one of the popular tikka sauces here at Woolies that serves four portions.

112 grams serve will be 8.1 grams carbs, I could handle that with out to many problems.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/580638/patak-s-tikka-masala-simmer-sauce

Sounds like that is almost the same carb count as the low carb company's version (7.2g instead of 6.5g)

Maybe the portion size is an issue here? The manufacturer's website claim that the 350g jar is four portions.... It might work better if @Nodemus didn't use the whole jar? (Though personally I agree that you want lots of sauce, it's the best bit. :))

Reactions: Nodemus

Mr Doggy

Hey, I find stuff from Pataks have a later spike in sugars. It's easier to make your own as the recipe is super simple. You can caramelise the onion (no sugar) and then you've got it down. If you batch a lot (as most of it is yoghurt, tomatoes and fresh onion and garlic) with fresh ground garam marsala, citric (lime or lemon), salt.

Another surprisingly easy Indian side dish or entre dish is microwave cauliflower (in a lekue) and sprinkling tandoori spice (red) on top. Just dribble over some olive oil serve. Optional is microwave and then high grill pan. Super low carb. Here's a more advanced version to stave away those curry pangs: https://www.gohealthyeverafter.com/easy-roasted-tandoori-cauliflower-wings/