Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone is doing okay and enjoyed their celebrations and holiday!!

Not that much going on here. I did go to our monthly vegan potluck Sunday and lots of luscious food. There was a "pate" made of brazil nuts, water, soy sauce, vinegar, raw tahini, sea salt and Italian herbs. I know this because you make a label with what is in the item you bring. So I searched out the guy that made the dish and asked him what proportions of the items do you use. And sigh..........he was as bad as my mom, who I learned from.........you throw stuff in until it tastes right. So it was add everything and then more to get the right flavor and the right consistency and you can use any seed or nut or different herbs.............yea, that helps.....So I guess I get to experiment and cross my fingers! And then try to keep track of what I added!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Scratched my foot a couple of days ago, very minor and put some antiseptic on and washed it. 2 days later and it's looking red, angry, and painful. Looks like a phone call to the doctor tomorrow. 9 times out of 10 I always end up with an infection and I can't even blame poor control for it!!!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Scratched my foot a couple of days ago, very minor and put some antiseptic on and washed it. 2 days later and it's looking red, angry, and painful. Looks like a phone call to the doctor tomorrow. 9 times out of 10 I always end up with an infection and I can't even blame poor control for it!!!!

Hi,

A few years apback? (4?) I gashed my wrist with an angle grinder at work.. Now oddly I normally heal fast.

Now to be fair, I’d been treated by the “first aider” then he recommended I ducked outa work & saw an HCP.
Within 5 minutes of seeing the receptionist at my local GP, After just walking in showing the wound & mentioning diabetic I was attended by a nurse..

The following morning.. It was angry & puss filled. I rang work stating I’m gonna be late..
I still wound up driving to A&E the following morning.

A wait in A&E may just be quicker than waiting for the appointment?

Reactions: Marie 2

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

A few years apback? (4?) I gashed my wrist with an angle grinder at work.. Now oddly I normally heal fast.

Now to be fair, I’d been treated by the “first aider” then he recommended I ducked outa work & saw an HCP.
Within 5 minutes of seeing the receptionist at my local GP, After just walking in showing the wound & mentioning diabetic I was attended by a nurse..

The following morning.. It was angry & puss filled. I rang work stating I’m gonna be late..
I still wound up driving to A&E the following morning.

A wait in A&E may just be quicker than waiting for the appointment?

Thankfully it's not so bad that I believe it requires A&E - My GP is very good in that when you ring you can get a telephone appointment that day, within 30 minutes usually if you ring right after they open (very lucky in that respect), mentioning the words cut, red wound, sore and diabetic in one sentence generally gets you antibiotics where I'm from without even needing to go in :hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Finally got my hospital appointment through for my extra eye screening of my eyes (after a 4 month wait). Not quite sure what it will entail but my doctors aren't too worried as it only became a problem when I reduced my hba1c drastically in a short period of time.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have solved my feet problem! Yes, I know you didn't know I had one but I had been musing on the intermittent slight levels of numbness which have been noticeable lately and I had been about to consult the T1 hivemind on the matter.... except the penny dropped after a few days staying home getting over a bug.

The support bandages I've been wearing to support my knees on longer walks need only be worn when walking! When I change out of outdoor clothes, the support bandages need to come off as well.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yum! I decided to make some vegan creamy tomato soup. I've not made it before, I make vegetable soup with a tomato base all the time, but I usually buy a vegan creamy tomato one when I can find it.

What started it was my husband was trying to buy dried cherry tomatoes with no sugar to snack on and he ended up with a package of "oven roasted" cherry tomatoes with garlic and oregano in a foil type pack that is similar to the canned variety. So he didn't want it so I decided I would make tomato soup. But once I opened it he liked them so he decided to use them to snack on anyway.

But I was left with a craving to make creamy tomato soup lol. It came out really really good and a lot lower carbs than the canned variety. And it was easy and made a lot

I 28 oz can fire roasted whole tomatoes
1 cup soy milk (any milk would do)
1 small onion (white or other is fine) with 2 cloves garlic caramelized in margarine
1 vegetable bouillon cube dissolved in a little water
Blend it all together, I did it mine so it came out with a thick but small chunkier style
add 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning

Only about 36 carbs for the whole pan and it makes at least 4 soup bowls.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1630844791814.jpg

Reactions: RoughcutAU

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
She doesn't even try to slide the compartments over ............she just pulls it apart and it only takes about 15 minutes to get every dog bone out. It was supposed to keep her occupied for a little while.
IMG_3162(1).jpg

Reactions: karen8967